wildcard451

Miss Fall Out of Harness @ Lodi Lady

I posted it on Fb, why the hell not it was already all over Yahoo, You Tube, the Daily Mail and just about everywhere else you cared to look. I knew it was only a matter of time before someone posted the link on my profile anyway and this way I was able to explain that its not the norm or condoned by Skydivers.
When an author is too meticulous about his style, you may presume that his mind is frivolous and his content flimsy.
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

... and, still no one asking who this (so called) TI is. I want him on the today show with "no holds barred" questions.

The first question I'd like to hear is, "What the Fu
[:/]

This lady has done more PR for our sport than we skydivers are able to do for ourselves. Just because she has no interest in a lawsuite and because she holds no grudge. Classy Lady! ;)

Birdshit & Fools Productions

"Son, only two things fall from the sky."

... and, still no one asking who this (so called) TI is. I want him on the today show with "no holds barred" questions.
The first question I'd like to hear is, "What the Fu[:/]
This lady has done more PR for our sport than we skydivers are able to do for ourselves. Just because she has no interest in a lawsuite and because she holds no grudge. Classy Lady! ;)

Agreed about the lady. Also believe we shouldn't hide our incidents and fatalities. When one happens bring it in the open even for the general public. It is part of the sport. And statistics can be looked at many ways. Never believed that car ride to dz was more dangerous than jump. I can get a quote that there are only 1 fatality to every 150,000 jumps as opposed to 1 in every 2,000 auto crashes. But if we look at it in feet traveled per fatality who knows what the result would be? I've only known 1 person dead from car accident within past year and about 5 from skydiving. We do not gain by keeping things hidden.

and the difference between a USPA dz, and non USPA dz... ...

You mean that one sent USPA money and the other didn't, right? Cuz there is no other difference, at least according to the advertising I've seen for a "non USPA dropzone."

Complacency on the part of tandem ride operators is not rare.

It would be nice to know exactly how these things are "dealt with", but that will never happen as USPA is not required to disclose any details regarding disciplinary actions.

https://www.facebook.com/notes/chris-kopacz/re-skydiving-grandma-almost-dies/10150884769271026

Long story short, don't go to Lodi because the "facility is the last refuge for skydivers and equipment that aren't safe enough for any of the reputable facilities in the country." Guess I need to inform my friends that we aren't safe enough to jump at other drop zones. [:/]
Adrenaline is my crack

DPH #3
D.S. #16 FAG #12 Muff Brother #4406

At some point you just have to start saying bat shit crazy stuff to make people shut up!

No you don't.

SIGH!
Corsses arms...
OK mom! I won't! You won't let me have any fun!
http://laxallstars.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/tumblr_l0qzbsi2rm1qb2965o1_400.jpg

Never poke mama bear.

Oh, sorry, forgot you are to stupid to figure that out...
I am NOT being loud.
I'm being enthusiastic!

tandems will be canceling left and right.

Nope.

The only people who give a shit about this are skydivers. The same way that the only people who care about not being portrayed as suicidal adrenaline junkies are skydivers. The world at large doesn't care.

Whuffos have no idea of why that jump was any scarier than any other. They just get reminded that a skydive is on their bucket list and are more likely to make one in the long run...

Don't get me wrong, the jump was a mess. But the hysteria coming from skydivers is almost as cringe-worthy.

The first question I'd like to hear is, "What the Fu<& were you thinking?

Oh jesus. Seriously?

Who gives a crap what the public thinks about the whys of it when they're not going to understand it anyway?
If you want to haul the guy over the coals do it where it will make a difference. At a USPA convened board, and show that stupidity won't be tolerated by yanking the guy's license.

Leave the whuffos to go 'oooh ahh' over the video.

Don't hide anything, but don't go airing dirty laundry in public just for the hell of it.

Now, thanks to one careless TI and DZ our sport is going to get a HUGE blackeye and tandems will be canceling left and right.

I doubt that will be the case. Most people who have been thinking about jumping will probably realize that that is not the norm, while at the same time it might increase the dangerous/cool factor.

Before I made my first jump, the only "skydiving" I had ever seen was in the movie Fandango, and that didn't exactly make it look safe. :P

And, well, it's not 100% safe, and people should realize that before going on a tandem.

tandems will be canceling left and right.

Nope.

The only people who give a shit about this are skydivers. The same way that the only people who care about not being portrayed as suicidal adrenaline junkies are skydivers. The world at large doesn't care.

Whuffos have no idea of why that jump was any scarier than any other. They just get reminded that a skydive is on their bucket list and are more likely to make one in the long run...

Don't get me wrong, the jump was a mess. But the hysteria coming from skydivers is almost as cringe-worthy.

http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=4322618#4322618

Opnions vary. ;)

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

Why not? They've never done anything meaningful in the past when we've been killing ourselves.

Again, for clarity. I think the video should be in the public realm. We shouldn't hide stuff because we're historically not that great about forcing changes to the sport. It's good that it's in the open and we have to react to it.

I just think the hysteria from skydivers about how this is going to be the end of the world is a bit ridiculous. It won't be. Tandems will keep coming just the same. The FAA will almost certainly write a strongly worded letter and do nothing else. The tar and feather brigade on here will be baying for blood while the conservatives will be screaming about freedom to choose whatever they want to do in the air.

It's just another episode of As The Prop Turns...

The sport has really changed since I came back. I don't know who that guy is, but he wouldn't have lasted long on our small dropzones in Texas, back in the early 80's. Probably would have gone home crying, because we didn't have the latest gear, or weren't safe enough for him. If I am ever out that way, will be happy to drop in and jump at Lodi. BSBD

The sport has really changed since I came back. I don't know who that guy is, but he wouldn't have lasted long on our small dropzones in Texas, back in the early 80's. Probably would have gone home crying, because we didn't have the latest gear, or weren't safe enough for him. If I am ever out that way, will be happy to drop in and jump at Lodi. BSBD

Really? How many of the instructors at those "Little DZ's in Texas" put you into a student rig without adjusting the harness to keep you from falling out in free fall? My guess is, most of those Instructors took your safety very serious. Even if you're not bright enough to know or appreciate it! ;)
Birdshit & Fools Productions

"Son, only two things fall from the sky."

At some point you just have to start saying bat shit crazy stuff to make people shut up!

No you don't.

SIGH!
Corsses arms...
http://laxallstars.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/tumblr_l0qzbsi2rm1qb2965o1_400.jpg

Never poke mama bear.

Did you just call Skymama a bear? :D
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Well, there may be a few whuffo's who think twice about their tandems after seeing this video, but it won't be an epidemic of cancellations.

People get killed on roller-coasters too, and that's always highly publicized. Even moreso than skydiving incidents. Does that stop people from flooding amusement parks just to ride the coasters? Nope, sure doesn't.

No you don't.

SIGH!
Corsses arms...

Never poke mama bear.

Did you just call Skymama a bear? :D

You have heard her roar! :D:D
I am NOT being loud.
I'm being enthusiastic!

The screwup by the TI was not what my post concerned. And I don't condone it at all. My response was in reply to the blanket statement on the guy's Facebook page that everything and everyone was dangerous at Lodi. And yes, I did appreciate the care and attention that my instructors gave me as a student at those "small Texas dz's". However, since we didn't always do things 'by the book', he probably would have considered us dangerous too.