wildcard451

Miss Fall Out of Harness @ Lodi Lady

Wally,
How did she do what she did? Is it that she was pushing back and thats' what caused her to go inside out?
Do you think that the future harnesses will be solid mesh up front as well as back instead of how they are now?
Life through good thoughts, good words, and good deeds is necessary to ensure happiness and to keep chaos at bay.

The only thing that falls from the sky is birdshit and fools!

I agree with posters above,,it will subside,,,more imortant to me is with some actual fatalities and other near miss's why can't we come up with a more fool proff harness ? seems for an extra 100 bucs or so one got almost make one idiot proof,,,i just don't get it...:S

The Y-strap mod comes close to that. It certainly helps block the hole thru which these folks are escaping. I've had a few big booty passengers that I insisted have that harness..

Our tandem harness fit, as I jokingly say, from 4'8" to 8'4". You're always going to have a huge range of adjustments. There is no substitute for fitting the harness properly. The best time to do that is BEFORE WALKING TO THE PLANE. If the dropzone staff and especially the TI can't take the time to ensure the harness fits, they need to get out of the business. :|

Oh come on man! How many times have you had one of your friends of friends of friends or people you don't even know ask you about this video?

At some point you just have to start saying bat shit crazy stuff to make people shut up!

And since I don't really like the old ladies in my condo complex.....I have said some really off the wall things.
Life through good thoughts, good words, and good deeds is necessary to ensure happiness and to keep chaos at bay.

The best time to do that is BEFORE WALKING TO THE PLANE. If the dropzone staff and especially the TI can't take the time to ensure the harness fits, they need to get out of the business. :|

+1000

it doesn't take a rocket surgeon to learn to adjust a harness correctly.

At some point you just have to start saying bat shit crazy stuff to make people shut up!

No you don't.
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

There is only one side being told because we, as an organization, cede the 'big media' space to whoever is doing the reporting. The folks at Lodi could have contacted local media, who would likely love the opportunity to get their reporting national distribution. They could have contacted the national networks and made a statement. USPA could have done the same. Silence from our side of the fence is just as bad as the incomplete reporting that has become the norm in main stream media.

The sacrifice of the complete story to be the 'first' with the news has become the norm. To try and make it touch the primeval fears to get people to watch is an effective means to increase viewership. With this environment, those responsible for providing media with the fodder for this type of incident have to be proactive in letting the organization governing the sport know the full details and likely media reach of each incident. That way USPA (or CSPA or FAI) can be knowledgeable enough to become a source to speak on incidents to the media. Without our reaching out to the media as an organization, they will not look to us as a counterpoint source and keep writing whatever will sell papers.
Hearts & Minds
2 to the Heart-
1 to the Mind-
Home of the Coconut Lounge, Spa, & Artillery Range

No you don't.

SIGH!
Corsses arms...
OK mom! I won't! You won't let me have any fun!
http://laxallstars.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/tumblr_l0qzbsi2rm1qb2965o1_400.jpg

So you have decided to be the Glenn Beck of the Bonfire?:|
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

This would be a good opportunity for USPA to contact the media for some sort of press conference, or interview, where they can talk about how rare this is, how it has been dealt with, and the difference between a USPA dz, and non USPA dz... ...
CLICK HERE! new blog posted 9/21/08
CSA #720

it will get its 15 minutes of fame and be old news by Wednesday.

Exactly. And our whuffo friends and families will bug our asses about it for 15 minutes, and that, too, shall pass.

Then it will be back to "Hey, where can I do that bat-wing into the boxes stuff?"

This would be a good opportunity for USPA to contact the media for some sort of press conference, or interview, where they can talk about how rare this is, how it has been dealt with, and the difference between a USPA dz, and non USPA dz... ...

No really...that would mean they are giving it 'weight', and as has been said this will have a relatively short shelf life.

No one in the media is currently on a witch hunt so to speak...they are 'reporting' an item of interest because it caught the public eye with the video going viral.

If the USPA were to start making statements that just opens the door to microscopic scrutiny regarding everything stated, which then could snowball into something this really isn't.

In truth, the DZO is probably doing the right thing as well overall, a short positively worded statement and back to business as usual.

The more WE make of it, the more everyone else will too.

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

From what I can tell GM and non-GM dropzones pretty much operate the same - but the non-GM dropzones are not violating any pledges made to the USPA like many of the GM dropzones are.
Slyride excluded of course.

As for me and my house, we will serve the LORD...

Sadly that is but one of many errors on that particular jump.
[:/]

OK, I got: Instructors googles on his forehead on exit.
What else?
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

Thousands of jumpers don't realize how NOT rare this is. It's not just Lodi; I saw a recent video from a different dz where the uppers got hooked up in freefall (don't ask, I don't have it and it's not online).

You mean this video?
http://youtu.be/9kfPrW9olbM

1997 <> recent.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

I believe them there lower attachment strap thingies are supposed to be tightened prior to ext.
He clearly has mad in-air TM skillz that I have yet to attain.

He saves time by doing the pre-jump routines between drogue-throw and deployment.:ph34r: