nigel99

dont feel like jumping.

I got up at 4:30 this morning to start travelling down to my first auzzie boogie, and I really don't feel like jumping. Normally I am really keen. Hoping the flight down there will get me in the mood, and get rid of the jeebs.

Got a free pass to spend my wifes bonus money on jumps as well as the weekend away.
Experienced jumper - someone who has made mistakes more often than I have and lived.

Got a free pass to spend my wifes bonus money on jumps as well as the weekend away.

If she's that anxious to get rid of you for the weekend, I'd be worried about what SHE is going to be doing...

She and the kids are out with her church group helping at a homeless shelter all weekend.:)
Experienced jumper - someone who has made mistakes more often than I have and lived.

She and the kids are out with her church group helping at a homeless shelter all weekend.:)

Yeah, that's what they ALWAYS say. . .[:/]

:P:D

A little bit of jitters? Perfectly normal from time to time, esp. if you haven't jumped in a while. I know a guy with over 5K jumps that still gets that little "rush" now and then. ;)

man i would think after 5000 jumps hopping off a plane is like crossing the street.

I know, really. :D:D

Naw, just from time to time you realize it IS a risky thing we do sometimes, and you stay vigilant to try to minimize the risk. Yeah, I'm usually not too spooled up on jump run. But I sure don't take skydiving for granted. :)

Naw, just from time to time you realize it IS a risky thing we do sometimes, and you stay vigilant to try to minimize the risk.

~and then ya take a long hard look in the mirror, contemplate wasted youth, list failures and unfulfilled dreams. Maybe look up at the sun and realize we're nuthin ' more than insignificant bugs on a rock...

Then twist another fatty, pencil the reserve and head to the DZ 'cause fuck it...what's the worse that could happen? :)

Ummm...or is that just ME?! :$:P:ph34r:

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

~and then ya take a long hard look in the mirror, contemplate wasted youth, list failures and unfulfilled dreams. Maybe look up at the sun and realize we're nuthin ' more than insignificant bugs on a rock...

Yeah, but what a way to waste it. B|

Then twist another fatty, pencil the reserve and head to the DZ 'cause fuck it...what's the worse that could happen?

I always use a pen. It's much more professional. :P:)

Yeah, that's what they ALWAYS say. . .[:/]

:P:D

A little bit of jitters? Perfectly normal from time to time, esp. if you haven't jumped in a while. I know a guy with over 5K jumps that still gets that little "rush" now and then. ;)

Had a fantastic time. Got to do jumps from the Navajo our team came 4th in accuracy competition. Spent the evening chatting to squeak and Karen.:)

Naw, just from time to time you realize it IS a risky thing we do sometimes, and you stay vigilant to try to minimize the risk.

Then twist another fatty, pencil the reserve and head to the DZ 'cause fuck it...what's the worse that could happen? :)

Ummm...or is that just ME?! :$:P:ph34r:

Hi Jim,
I'm with you on this one.
SCR-2034, SCS-680

III%,
Deli-out

Then twist another fatty, pencil the reserve and head to the DZ 'cause fuck it...what's the worse that could happen?

More than anything I have ever seen/read, I think this sums it up. Seriously, goat f*ck it any way you want to but this, to me, is the bottom line.!
"Better to have a short life that is full of what you like doing, than a long life spent in a miserable way." - Alan Watts

Hey, Nigel -- I had a similar situation recently, tho the other way around. I was going home for two weeks (ZHills), planning to do a bit of sky jumpin'. Then, the event was postponed, Mom came for a visit (longer than expected). By the time I had some free time, either the weather was crap, or I just didn't feel like jumping. [:/] It was strange -- spent a beautiful day on the DZ and just never wanted to skydive. I'm hoping I can shake that the next time I'm home. Glad to hear you got over it and had some good jumpin' days. :)

See the upside, and always wear your parachute! -- Christopher Titus

Shut Up & Jump!

I always use a pen. It's much more professional.

Heck...if You use a pen from 'work' ~ it's prolly even legal! :)B|

Hell, ya just gave me an idea...

I could sell pens and say they're a riggers legal pens! (Just ignore the BIC on the side)
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

I always use a pen. It's much more professional.

Heck...if You use a pen from 'work' ~ it's prolly even legal! :)B|

Hell, ya just gave me an idea...

I could sell pens and say they're a riggers legal pens! (Just ignore the BIC on the side)

Lets see...you want to SELL a pen, to someone that wants to STEAL a packjob.

So young...SO innocent! :D:D:D

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~