Twoply

Coming off vacation and still feeling burned out

I'm coming off a week's vacation and still feeling burned out.

The vacation was with the wife, kids, in-laws and 25 hours of driving. Not what I would consider a vacation by a jumper's perspective. Just felt like a taxi driver and a luggage handler.

I need a real vacation. One that includes planes, antenna, cliffs, bonfires and ends with a police report that has the phrase "traces of" in the dialogue.

Come jump the Skyvan at Aero this Friday, Sat, Sun, and then Tues-Wed of next week. All the cool kids will be there, and we're all going to laugh at you if you don't show up. Actually, we'll laugh at you if you do show up, but at least you'll know why we're laughing at you.

Yep, I never understood why camping for a week or two was supposed to be a "vacation" for my mom.

It took a week of extra work to plan, buy stuff, package it, pack all of us (5 kids)with our stuff, deal with us in the car for what probably seemed an eternity. Then when we got to the campsite, cook, clean, deal with us kids (keep us from killing ourselves and each other), repeat as long as we were there. Then keep us from killing each other on the trip home when we're all dirty and tired, clean us up when we got home. Then, several more days doing laundry and putting all the camping gear aright.

Some vacation. [:/]

Sometimes you need a vacation to recover from the vacation.

lisa
WSCR 594
FB 1023
CBDB 9

I'm coming off a week's vacation and still feeling burned out.

The vacation was with the wife, kids, in-laws and 25 hours of driving. Not what I would consider a vacation by a jumper's perspective. Just felt like a taxi driver and a luggage handler.

Need to learn to delagate:ph34r: 4 adults on the trip and your doing all the driving, bag dragging, B|

OTOH you had a week of quality time with your extended family that they won't forget.

Don't worry be happyB|

R

I find that a good vacation leaves me more tired than I was before! lol

Same here. I always say that I relax by DOING not by NOT DOING. The down side is I do feel more tired after a vacation than before, even though I may have enjoyed every minute of it.

I suppose we could draw conclusions about our "ever faster, ever farther" society and how we run ourselves ragged, even when we're supposed to be relaxing. Meh, I just like doing fun shit.

Elvisio "Skydiving, SCUBA diving, Jeeping, crossfitting, it's all good" Rodriguez

Me too. Government job. :P

As far as the camping bit? I've got my gear somewhat organized, or at least located in one part of the garage. I can pack the trailer for car camping in just a few minutes. Getting the food prepped and chilled/frozen takes a bit more time. Cleaning everything and putting it away takes a few hours or so when I get back. I still enjoy camping for a vacation, especially if the campground is LP.B|

"Vacation with in-laws" is the ultimate oxymoron.

No. That's visiting the in-laws... Or even the 'rents. It's a visit,. not a vacation! lol

Definitely! Went back to the States for just about two weeks last month. Invited Mom down for Memorial weekend, since she complained about us not inviting her when I was in ZHills for Turkey Boogie (and reunion, etc). I thought she'd say about 3 days/4 nights. She was there a week, right in the middle of what was supposed to be my vacation. [:/]

Already have my flight back for Nationals, though! :)
See the upside, and always wear your parachute! -- Christopher Titus

Shut Up & Jump!

Same problem here [:/] though the vacation with the family was great, the pile of shit waiting for me at work sucked.

She is not a "Dumb Blonde" - She is a "Light-Haired Detour Off The Information Superhighway."
eeneR
TF#72, FB#4130, Incauto

Already have my flight back for Nationals, though! The anticipation for that trip is helping to negate the frustration over this one.

Careful.. The locals can be assholes... ;)

So can the visitors. :P
See the upside, and always wear your parachute! -- Christopher Titus

Shut Up & Jump!