skydiverbry

RIP Andy Griffith

I imagine Ron will be the only one from the original cast at the funeral. Gotta be rough on him.
I know it just wouldnt be right to kill all the stupid people that we meet..

But do you think it would be appropriate to just remove all of the warning labels and let nature take its course.

I imagine Ron will be the only one from the original cast at the funeral. Gotta be rough on him.

Isn't Jim Nabors still alive? I think so.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

What a wonderful actor. With his home-spun humor and personality and natural talent.

He could also play a dark and intense character like the one he played in the film, "A Face in the Crowd." I often wonder if it was a conscious decision to not play a lot of heavies after that. He did, "No Time for Sergeants" shortly afterward and for the most part played affable parts from that point forward.

I would have loved to have seen him in some heavier roles later in life just to see what he could really do with them.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

Isn't Jim Nabors still alive? I think so.

Barely. He was unable to sing live at the Indy 500 this year.
quade -

What a wonderful actor. With his home-spun humor and personality and natural talent.

He could also play a dark and intense character like the one he played in the film, "A Face in the Crowd." I often wonder if it was a conscious decision to not play a lot of heavies after that. He did, "No Time for Sergeants" shortly afterward and for the most part played affable parts from that point forward.

I would have loved to have seen him in some heavier roles later in life just to see what he could really do with them.

'A Face In The Crowd' was, if I recall correctly, his very first movie role. He could be both in 'Matlock'. I believe, he preferred the 'lighter' roles, less serious. The roles he found more natural. The man was one heckuva Gospel singer, too!

Chuck

.......Gooooood ... ACTOR!!!!!!!

i loved it when he used to jam with Briscoe Darlin' and the Boys!!!

Andy was ALWAYS a couple of steps ahead of.....everybody!!!!

still enjoy him....on the reruns.....

R.I.P. Mr Griffith
[:/] and thanks for everything!!!common sense,, humor, chivalry, charm, justice, mercy...and some good guitar pickin'.....

jmy

"Once Upon a Time in the West" is *great* for seeing an actor known for lovable characters, playing the cruel bastard.
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

Perhaps, but there is at least one guest star who's still vertical. Wonder if she still has the outfit?

yummy...
http://www.imdb.com/media/rm175609856/nm0001174

Barbara Eden was in one episode and she spent the entire time strutting around in a tight, little dress -- working downtown, driving all the old men crazy.

Perhaps, but there is at least one guest star who's still vertical. Wonder if she still has the outfit?

yummy...

Barbara Eden was in one episode and she spent the entire time strutting around in a tight, little dress -- working downtown, driving all the old men crazy.

Trivia fact. Never showed her belly button on I dream of Jeannie.
I am NOT being loud.
I'm being enthusiastic!

yummy...

Not for TV, but I seem to recall seeing some stills (done for publicity or whatever) that show her in a more revealing Jeanie outfit. Some were done later after the show was cancelled, but some were done during the era that it was being aired. Probably for posters and such that didn't have to meet the network censors' approval.
lisa
WSCR 594
FB 1023
CBDB 9

yummy...

Not for TV, but I seem to recall seeing some stills (done for publicity or whatever) that show her in a more revealing Jeanie outfit. Some were done later after the show was cancelled, but some were done during the era that it was being aired. Probably for posters and such that didn't have to meet the network censors' approval.

Here is one: http://www.all-pictures.org/celebrities/v/celebs/female/Barbara+Eden/Barbara+Eden+e3.jpg.html

Edited to add: Scroll down this page: http://unscriptedobservations.wordpress.com/2012/07/04/rest-in-peace-americas-sheriff/
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

Andy was a gentleman and a scholar. He was a really good role model, a great actor, master of his craft. He was an excellent musician and cut many LP's He was non-violent, thus the no gun carrying charachter for the 8 year run of Mayberry RFD. He never even locked anyone up in their cells. He was also a great Christian and walked the walk to back up the talk. God Bless you Mr. Griffith. RIP.
-Richard-
"You're Holding The Rope And I'm Taking The Fall"

Andy was a gentleman and a scholar. He was a really good role model, a great actor, master of his craft. He was an excellent musician and cut many LP's He was non-violent, thus the no gun carrying charachter for the 8 year run of Mayberry RFD. He never even locked anyone up in their cells. He was also a great Christian and walked the walk to back up the talk. God Bless you Mr. Griffith. RIP.

Otis, the town drunk. Locked him up on a fairly regular basis. Also did a few episodes where he locked up a few people for various minor crimes, like moon shining or something, but then would do something like sing with them or have Aunt Bee being over a pie.

I believe he also captured a bank robber at one point.
quade -

I agree with all you say about him. However, in one or two episodes he did carry firearms when a situation required it. But he always worked towards non-violent resolutions. I try to live like that.

Otis, the town drunk. Locked him up on a fairly regular basis.

Paul, if you recall, Otis on occasion would lock him ownself up. Andy may have locked him up on an occasion or 2 b/c him and his wife were fighting over his drunkedness and Andy didn't want them to be around each other untill Otis was sober. The banc Robber was caught by Barney Fife if my memory serves me correctly.
-Richard-
"You're Holding The Rope And I'm Taking The Fall"