virgin-burner

do you like watches!?

Makes you wonder why they don't utilize acrylic?

And will future watches utilize this Gorilla Glass or Graphine to ensure that they look as good as the day they left the factory?

Or worse....will watches go extinct one day? Very few young guys and even fewer young ladies wear watches.
I fear we may be an endangered species?
Life through good thoughts, good words, and good deeds is necessary to ensure happiness and to keep chaos at bay.

The only thing that falls from the sky is birdshit and fools!

Of course it varies. But its not plastic. Like all Swatches have.

Sorry - now your comment makes sense. I didn't know all Swatches have plastic faces. I incorrectly assumed an engineer wouldn't identify plastic as being glass.
For the same reason I jump off a perfectly good diving board.

I go minimal or go big when it comes to products. A $10 casio will work for me. One day I would like to buy a Royal Oak Audemars Piguet, but not right now.

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you can never know if they are genuine" - Abraham Lincoln

Hi #2

Or worse....will watches go extinct one day? Very few young guys and even fewer young ladies wear watches. I fear we may be an endangered species?

Some folks like you gotta have the bling bling, like Watch's, cars, condo's, trophy wives to be all you think you need to be happy.

Propaganda works.:|

R.

to keep up with the #2 heads

Some folks like you gotta have the bling bling, like Watch's, cars, condo's, trophy wives to be all you think you need to be happy.

Propaganda works.

I personally like my material possessions. If you are happy being ungroomed and wearing a potato sack for clothes, then peace be with you.

To me, money is like having a pile of shiny beads. It ain't worth shit until you trade it for something you want.

I have a Submariner. It is a functional watch that can be worn on a dive (I have taken it to 280 feet) or with a Tux (Last month).

I received a bonus from work, so I bought it from a buddy used.

I wear it pretty much every day.
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -- Thomas Jefferson, Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

Omega Speedmaster Professional.
Got it from my parents when I graduated university.
Beautiful watch with an interesting ancestor! :)
On my wrist when there is no danger of bumping it into anything, apart from that: Traser H3 (2nd one, first one broke for no apparent reason).

When someone makes a James Bond watch, with a flashlight, laser, garroting line, camera and built-in GPS tracker, then I will buy one and wear it.

Until then, as long as I have my phone, it's a useless piece of ornament.

James Bond needs a really cool cell phone that launches mini-missiles.
Trapped on the surface of a sphere. XKCD

I don't usually sport jewelry of any kind. My wedding ring is on a cord around my neck, and it took a lifetime commitment to get me to do THAT much.

As a nurse, we typically HAVE to have some kind of timepiece. So, when I'm on duty I'll wear an el-cheapo Timex Ironman or something similar. I need something that is digital or has a second hand, but isn't so expensive that I won't think twice about chucking it into the trash if it gets somebody else's blood (or worse) on it.

Elvisio "some things never get clean" Rodriguez

On my wrist when there is no danger of bumping it into anything, apart from that: Traser H3 (2nd one, first one broke for no apparent reason).

Wait a sec... you wear a military watch only when you won't bump into anything? I should have heard this before I broke my Marathon GSAR playing on the bouncy waterslide at Boneanza last year.

I am clutzy enough to be hard on watches. As much as I admire the engineering and workmanship of real classy watches like JLC, IWC, Audemars Piguet, Lange & Sohne, etc, and would like to own/wear one, I know myself too well - I'd kill it. I do work in the "boys' club" world of finance, though, and "need" to have a reasonably nice one for work reasons (dumb, but sadly true), so I have a Kobold that meets the approval of the "boys" without breaking (or breaking the bank - just before they raised their prices...)

Well, I should've worded that a little better:
"The speedmaster is on my wrist at any time when there is no danger of bumping it into anything. Apart from that: Traser H3 (2nd one, first one broke for no apparent reason)." :P

Not a fan of IWC's new lineup (the last versions of the pilot watches were nice though).

Watches are the only jeelry that i like so ive collected a few over the years. Ive got a Movado museum classic, a Tag Huer dive watch, and Ebel sport waive that i wear when i dress up and my absolute favorite is an Omega Limited Edition Seamaster professional that all Titanium. The watch is big but weighs as much as a small Swatch watch. I also have a few knock around watches ( G-Shock, Swiss Army, Timex Heart Rate watch)
Wait , I pull what first?

Propaganda works.

I personally like my material possessions. If you are happy being ungroomed and wearing a potato sack for clothes, then peace be with you.

To me, money is like having a pile of shiny beads. It ain't worth shit until you trade it for something you want.

Hi Mikee

My response was directed to specific person and it wasn't you. [:/]

Did #2 write your response for you or did you come up with that all by yourself.:P] Since your a fighter pilot you must be doing something right.

If you need to strut yourself with the correct watch, fancy cars, Gold chain, pinky ring and Fighter pilot avatar so that "right" folks will be impressed by your position in life :$

Go for it:D:D:D Bernie Madoff did:ph34r:

R

Just to make it clear, I am more of a poser than you already think I am . I am not a fighter pilot - my avatar is a picture of me flying backseat in my buddy's Trojan T-28. He flies air shows and occasionally I get a little stick time flying his Warbird.

I don't have a pinky ring or gold chain, but other than that you are spot on.

My wife just bought me a Seiko classic chronograph. Very nice looking, but stupidest design I've ever seen! :S
About the only thing I would ever use the stopwatch function for, is to time my grilling. But all the stopwatch data is on two small dials that occasionally get covered over by the hour hand and minute hand. I can basically forget about grilling burgers between 5 o'clock and 7 o'clock and any 25 to 30 minutes past any hour.:|

I believe you have my stapler.