virgin-burner

do you like watches!?

I love watches, but too reasonable to spend stupid money on them (tho I'd love to! lol)

My everyday is a Ecodrive titanium Citizen that I have since 99.

My dressy ones are a new-ish Balmain (2003 I think), and a 18k automatic Longines that belonged to my dad (I think it was a company gift for his 25th year back in the early 80s).

I also have a couple of cheaper ones I wear once in a while (a Timex Ironman, a Origo alti, and a Kenneth Cole Reaction).

If anyone wants to buy me a Beaume et Mercier, I can PM you the spec... ;-)

Aaaaaah, now we're talking !!
Basel World anyone?
I have a soft spot for watches AND pocket knives....
But great watches are insanely expensive (I dream of an Urwerk, probably won't happen in this life)

I love watches, but too reasonable to spend stupid money on them (tho I'd love to! lol)

My everyday is a Ecodrive titanium Citizen that I have since 99.

My dressy ones are a new-ish Balmain (2003 I think), and a 18k automatic Longines that belonged to my dad (I think it was a company gift for his 25th year back in the early 80s).

I also have a couple of cheaper ones I wear once in a while (a Timex Ironman, a Origo alti, and a Kenneth Cole Reaction).

If anyone wants to buy me a Beaume et Mercier, I can PM you the spec... ;-)

Aaaaaah, now we're talking !!
Basel World anyone?
I have a soft spot for watches AND pocket knives....
But great watches are insanely expensive (I dream of an Urwerk, probably won't happen in this life)

http://www.urwerk.com/

;)
“Some may never live, but the crazy never die.”
-Hunter S. Thompson
"No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try."
-Yoda

I dream of an Urwerk

Dude.. All the tastes are allowed under the stars, but those are fugly!!!!!! lol

If we're talking about stoopid expensive, I'll take a Patek... Understated in appearance. Not fugly in appearance :P;)
Remster

I dream of an Urwerk

Dude.. All the tastes are allowed under the stars, but those are fugly!!!!!! lol

If we're talking about stoopid expensive, I'll take a Patek... Understated in appearance. Not fugly in appearance :P;)

and here's a guy knowing what he speaks about; a patek-watch is simply MORE than just a watch.. it also requires a wallet! ;)
“Some may never live, but the crazy never die.”
-Hunter S. Thompson
"No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try."
-Yoda

I almost always wear a 20 year old Seiko dive watch, it's accurate, self-winding, actually 'water proof' not just water resistant and damn near bulletproof as well.

yep, a 37-year old Seiko dive watch, titanium case and mineral glass, looks good as new, 5-year battery, it says it is good to 600m, been tested to 70m, a ton of sentimental value
Give one city to the thugs so they can all live together. I vote for Chicago where they have strict gun laws.

I haven't worn or owned a watch for YEARS. Last one I had was a cheapo I used when I was at the military. That's was after wrecking a Swatch preserie I had.
Now I always have a cellphone or a computer or some kind of clock in view. It's Switzerland :PU plus I don't care about being on time. +- 1 hour is ok for me

scissors beat paper, paper beat rock, rock beat wingsuit - KarlM

I almost always wear a 20 year old Seiko dive watch, it's accurate, self-winding, actually 'water proof' not just water resistant and damn near bulletproof as well.

THIS is my only watch 22 years old and it was my watch when I worked in the dive industry. Still going strong and SOLID.
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

I wear a Rolex Submariner. I obviously have some self esteem issues.:P

Same here. I've had my Submariner for about 17 years and still love putting it on every day.

Before that I had a Seiko Dive watch with the big rubber strap. Also a great watch but hasn't been worn in 17 years. Just can't seem to part with it.
Andy
I'll believe it when I see it on YouTube!

Not too many (maybe one or two) women have even responded to this.

I will say I like a man with a good watch. Very attractive if it is of classy (not flashy) quality.

I never liked wearing them. I did because how could you tell the time otherwise? When my babies came, i quit wearing them because it was like wearing thorns (poor babies). I put it on my key chain. It worked just as well. I never put it back on my wrist.

Now with cell phones (nevermind all the other devices we see and touch a thousand times a day with the time on them) who needs them?
lisa
WSCR 594
FB 1023
CBDB 9

Last watch I had, I hid that uncomfortable piece of metal up my ass for two years.

Seriously, I never wear a watch. My piece partner on my FS team had small hands and asked that I leave it off so that she could guarantee a better wrist grip, so I got into the habit of taking it off whenever I was jumping - which gradually developed into the habit of never putting it on.

I've got a Rolex Sea Dweller that I wear every now and then, but mostly I wear a Citizen Skyhawk. It's the only watch I've ever deployed with. Has a ton of useful functions for world travel, and it's never been off of the GPS clock time by more than half a second.
The best things in life are dangerous.

My LAST watch was a Swiss Army watch I won at an artillery contest during my Officer School.

The watch was always giving the perfect time, as long as I wouldn't wear it....
As soon as I would wear it, it would go slower and slower and stop....
Take it off, and normal speed again :S

Decided that watches and me were not a match.

My LAST watch was a Swiss Army watch I won at an artillery contest during my Officer School.

You need to slow down a little.

You need to slow down a little.
how can you slow down a Swiss ??? We are already THE definition of slow.... :|

i have a swatch that is nearly iidentical! :)

well the long and short of it was that my parents came over to see my get my Masters...you know walk look spiffy take photos...
Tradition is that I guess your parents give you a nice gift to remember the day. But my parents had just spent a bit of cash on the house and paying for my youngest brothers education....which is fine with me since I really didn't need anything.

But as a joke my parents gave me $100 and said "well here take this and go buy yourself a nice watch to remember the day."

I laughed smiled and thanked them as a good boy does and though I would use it to make a few jumps. But when I checked on Amazon that I could buy this watch for only $100 how could I say no?

It works, it keeps good time, it looks great however I have to admit they did utilize some of the softest glass on the planet for the face so if you get one cover it with a plastic film so it won't get too scuffed up.

Other than that, it looks great and people are always asking where I got it and how much it was!

$100 Swatch! :)
Life through good thoughts, good words, and good deeds is necessary to ensure happiness and to keep chaos at bay.

The only thing that falls from the sky is birdshit and fools!

some of the softest glass

Are you _really_ sure you're an engineer?

I was just trying to figure out WTF to call that part...face?

You get the picture right? Now get over it and buy one of these rocking watches!
Life through good thoughts, good words, and good deeds is necessary to ensure happiness and to keep chaos at bay.

The only thing that falls from the sky is birdshit and fools!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

some of the softest glass

Are you _really_ sure you're an engineer?

Remster

Using the Mohs Hardness scale glass can vastly vary from as low as 5.5 all the way to 7+ all depending on the chemical composition.
For the same reason I jump off a perfectly good diving board.