nanook

What's wrong with this picture?

Having fun with wine that cannot roll off the table. Can anyone guess the price diffrential?

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you can never know if they are genuine" - Abraham Lincoln

There's a TV show (I think it's Brain Games) that does things to experiment on the human mind and it's reactions. One of the episodes they took 2 empty bottles of wine, put a cheap looking label on one, a fancy looking label on the other and filled them from the same BOX of wine.

People thought the fancy label one tasted better. ;)

"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

There's a TV show (I think it's Brain Games) that does things to experiment on the human mind and it's reactions. One of the episodes they took 2 empty bottles of wine, put a cheap looking label on one, a fancy looking label on the other and filled them from the same BOX of wine.

People thought the fancy label one tasted better. ;)

Adam UK gots it right. Those bottles were empty.

About that experiment you saw: Probably what happened was the tasters were people who don't drink wine regularly. And if they do, rarely tried various levels regularly. You generally have to drink the good stuff for a bit to realize what is missing when you are drinking the "cheap" stuff. It rarely works the other way. The trick is, if you drink cheap wine and then drink something in the noble wine area, you may not know the difference (or if the top bottle is opened within their first seven years, it will taste bad to anyone). Usually, it's what you don't taste in a good wine that is glaringly obvious in your two buck chuck. That's just one point. many of the top wines change flavor, scent and sometimes taste from one glass to another. This change is remarkably different in complexity than the slight change of your regular bargain bin which changes due to you getting used to it.

The moral of the story is: I was wasted off my ass on my favorite boxed wine ($15 at Target) when I posted this thinking how obscene and funny those three together were, oblivious to how snobbish this would look. Since those other two bottles were some that corked two years ago in an unfortunate moving incident, they had to be drunk then since they lost their value in one afternoon.

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you can never know if they are genuine" - Abraham Lincoln