catfishhunter

The switch flipped for my 6 year :) Flying on his own!

Outstanding. He already looks better than me in the tunnel. Did it take him long to pick up? I actually saw that the min age for some tunnels is two? If I have kids, I would like to get them tunnel flying early, even if they never skydive, just so they can have an interesting and unique challenge that is a heck of a lot of fun.
Plus, for the early years, I plan on convincing them I am a wizard and that is my magic room where I can make people fly.

He has been in the tunnel since he was 3 :) has a bunch of time but it is spread out over a couple times a year. I think his muscles are finally getting strong enough to hold stable, that and he wants to fly on his head so bad that he is really paying attention to the instructors and Devin is one of his favorites but his most favorite who he wants to be like (Kai Kai) is coming back from Dubai and he wants to be ready for Kai Kai to teach him to fly on his head. yeah he thinks he will be done with back flying and sit flying in the next month LOL

MAKE EVERY DAY COUNT
Life is Short and we never know how long we are going to have. We must live life to the fullest EVERY DAY. Everything we do should have a greater purpose.

Dude you have got to be the most epic dad in the block!
Life through good thoughts, good words, and good deeds is necessary to ensure happiness and to keep chaos at bay.

The only thing that falls from the sky is birdshit and fools!

Mine has about a half-hour or so. I started both of mine at 3. My oldest is five now. :)
https://vimeo.com/45217450

Nice! It is awesome when they are whooping' and hollerin' because they are having so much fun :) makes it worth every penny to see your child having so much fun :) good job!

MAKE EVERY DAY COUNT
Life is Short and we never know how long we are going to have. We must live life to the fullest EVERY DAY. Everything we do should have a greater purpose.

You guys are great dads! Your kids are very lucky to have you as fathers and mentors! You guys rock!
Life through good thoughts, good words, and good deeds is necessary to ensure happiness and to keep chaos at bay.

The only thing that falls from the sky is birdshit and fools!

Thanks I try. Still scary hoping I don't mess up good thing he is surrounded by a lot of love and influences that help keep him grounded.

Quick funny story he walked into the shop and wasn't listening to our service manager. he told Kade if he didn't listen he would have to leave and Kade played the well my Dad owns the place card. Took TW less then a second to put the boy in his place LOL. Kade didn't even want to come tell me he got smart with TW. LOL he even did his time out in TW's office so they didn't have to tell me.

Some days I wonder how in the world did I ever get so lucky.

MAKE EVERY DAY COUNT

I'm so proud of my boy:)
http://youtu.be/5e5SI6uGErU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1n01Kv_0hac This one was pretty damn good too :)

Awesome... my stepson is 8 and I had tunnel time scheduled for him a couple of weeks ago in Orlando but TS Debby screwed us and we left early. I think it is great though and still plan on getting my little guy in a tunnel soon.
Life is all about ass....either you're kicking it, kissing it, working it off, or trying to get a piece of it.
Muff Brother #4382 Dudeist Skydiver #000
www.fundraiseadventure.com

That's pretty kick ass!

"What did you do this weekend Billy?"
"I played catch with my dad."
"That's so nice."

"And what dod you do this weekend?"
"I was flying in the tunnel with my bad ass skydiver dad."
"(#*)$(#@$!"
Sex with sith is like sex with a stripper. A lot of flashing lights and waving of glowing sabers, but in the end you end up with something dark and wrinkely.

DPH# "-13"
TSK# "-13"

That's pretty kick ass!

"What did you do this weekend Billy?"
"I played catch with my dad."
"That's so nice."

"And what dod you do this weekend?"
"I was flying in the tunnel with my bad ass skydiver dad."
"(#*)$(#@$!"

I started reading what you wrote, and thought you were going to say "I played catch with my dad. I flew around and he caught me" B|
lisa
WSCR 594
FB 1023
CBDB 9

Cool. Some advice. Don't push or expect much let him decide if he likes it. Bring a neck gator in case the wind bothers him. My boy wore it over his mouth and nose from 4-5. It was wierd at 3 it didn't bother him at 4 he couldn't catch his breath with out it. I also ask if he wants to go instead of just saying we are going. Sometimes he rather go fishing or shoot his .22 and thats ok too. I don't want him to ever feel he "has" to do anything because its what I want.

I'm just glad he loves it, not sure about him wanting to be a freeflyer though>:(:ph34r: Kinda like my wife not digging the fact he wants to get off his skis and snowboard as soon as he turns 8...guess we are old farts..

MAKE EVERY DAY COUNT

I started reading what you wrote, and thought you were going to say "I played catch with my dad. I flew around and he caught me" B|

Damnit, I guess I'm not that clever :) that would have been better!
Sex with sith is like sex with a stripper. A lot of flashing lights and waving of glowing sabers, but in the end you end up with something dark and wrinkely.

DPH# "-13"
TSK# "-13"

Cool. Some advice. Don't push or expect much let him decide if he likes it. Bring a neck gator in case the wind bothers him. My boy wore it over his mouth and nose from 4-5. It was wierd at 3 it didn't bother him at 4 he couldn't catch his breath with out it. I also ask if he wants to go instead of just saying we are going. Sometimes he rather go fishing or shoot his .22 and thats ok too. I don't want him to ever feel he "has" to do anything because its what I want.

I'm just glad he loves it, not sure about him wanting to be a freeflyer though>:(:ph34r: Kinda like my wife not digging the fact he wants to get off his skis and snowboard as soon as he turns 8...guess we are old farts..

Thanks for the tips. I don't push Jake but if he decides he wants to do it then I just explain to him he has to give it his best. As for the freeflyer bit.... I'm one so I would love to get him on his head with me! B|

Skiing is a different story... I switched to a board for 3 seasons and am one of the few that went back to skis ..... Skis are faster and way more fun. Snowboarding to me seemed more challenging in the beginning but not so challenging once I got it. I'm no X games bad ass but I think skiing is more challenging and I live to ski bumps... I will until my knees cannot take it anymore.
Life is all about ass....either you're kicking it, kissing it, working it off, or trying to get a piece of it.
Muff Brother #4382 Dudeist Skydiver #000
www.fundraiseadventure.com

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8MkvNcTSucs his 3 yeard birthday party :) see the smile on his face.

Ok, the part where the instructor flies a spin with him had me saying "that is way cool!" I can only imagine how much fun he had. I think sharing this kind of experience with kids is more important than most of what we do ourselves at this point in life. It's tough enough to keep kids motivated and believing they can really do more than they think with many of their social influences these days. I think experiences like this really set a good foundation for them realizing that there is a whole lot of potential in life and they shouldn't be afraid to go for it.

Nice! It is awesome when they are whooping' and hollerin' because they are having so much fun :) makes it worth every penny to see your child having so much fun :) good job!

What's awesome is how they think these things are perfectly natural for kids to do. As if every other kid gets to do this :D I've taken a few of their friends from school, and they all have a ball together.

I also teach my five-year-old to scuba at my dive shop. She can already snorkel-dive to 6 feet, through an underwater hoop and distance of 15 feet before surfacing, and assemble and take apart all the scuba gear. We'll be starting underwater work soon!
Trapped on the surface of a sphere. XKCD

That's awesome. I look at it like this, I'm 46 my boy is six and my daughter is 13. Neither live with me full time. I can always make more money but I can't make more time so whatever gets em going and keeps them on the straight and narrow im going to do what I can to make it happen

MAKE EVERY DAY COUNT

Thats awesome. I had my son in the tunnel (Orlando) at just barely 6. they are naturals. My daughters did tandems but no RW there ha.