airdvr

MegaBus?

Hi,

I've used them once two years ago to go from Toronto to Buffalo to catch a flight. At the time the bus was modern with WiFi and power outlets. I've seen greyhounds in much worse shape than this particular bus so definitely not unimpressed with them.

Booking was easy on the website and most of all inexpensive. I ended up having to take a taxi for the last part of my journey as we were held up at the border and I had 5 minutes to catch a flight.

Not much of a reference to go by but I hope it helps. Usually I'd say avoid any bus line at all costs, but sometimes costs are just it and Megabus didn't disappoint.

Regards,
E

My daughter recently used Megabus to travel from Atlanta to Orlando. For a bus, it seemed clean. It was a double decker and there were tv's on it. It was her first bus experience and she wasn't quite expecting the....um...variety of the type of people who typically ride the bus. :|
She did have a bit of a problem with her ticket home. Her ticket was somehow dated for a week later; she swears she entered the right date, so we don't know where the error came about. I do fault her for not checking it before she headed off to the bus lot. But, because the pick-up was in a parking lot and not a regular station, there was no way to adjust her ticket on the spot and they wouldn't let her on the bus, even as I was on the phone saying I'd pay for a new ticket. So, long story short, I was able to get her a new ticket online for later in the day for only a $1 fee (whew!) and all was fine.

I don't think I'll be able to get her to ride the bus again though. :ph34r:

She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

Thanks. Rox's daughter moved to Chicago and Cleveland to Chicago is $19 each way. I'm concerned about her fellow passengers and we've heard horror stories about the safety record.
Please don't dent the planet.

Destinations by Roxanne

I was really worried about an unsavory character sitting next to my daughter. Her biggest problem was a fat lady taking up half of her seat! I think there was more than one driver aboard and plenty of other passengers that could have helped if there was a problem with someone.
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

22 years ago I rode Greyhound from Rochester, NY to Huntsville, AL, a 25 hour ordeal. I echo Skymama's statement about the kind of people you're riding with. I ain't doing that bullshit again. Oh man, what a trip that one was!

At the Buffalo, NY bus depot some dude swiped a woman's purse while she was in line. I saw the whole thing, dude must have been a track athlete.

The Louisville, KY depot had a drunk ass motherfucker come staggering up to me while I was sitting and mumble some shit to me and the next thing I know, the depot manager, a burly man, came right up behind the drunk and carted him off by the back of his pants and threw him outside. Stupid fucker got all uppity and wanted to fight. Yep, we watched him stagger and sway back and forth holding his dukes up. It was comical.

The Nashville, TN depot, I had to go to the bathroom so I'm in the stall and this big black dude in the next one peeked over the wall and offered a joint, no shit. :| I hurried the fuck up and got the hell out of there.

The rides actually went okay. I was just glad to have a seat near the front, because the smell coming from the back bathroom was well.... unpleasant. B|

"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Thanks. Rox's daughter moved to Chicago and Cleveland to Chicago is $19 each way. I'm concerned about her fellow passengers and we've heard horror stories about the safety record.

Wow, $19 each way is hard to say no to. I'd drink more than 19 bucks worth of coffee going that far, never mind gas.

I only rode the bus once, Erie - Toronto - Erie (6 hours, direct, no stops) to visit some friends. Definitely met some strange characters. I was never afraid, but I'm a decent sized dude. I also wouldn't be TOO worried about my wife traveling alone, but only because she took MMA lessons for years and could kick my ass ten times over before I even threw my first punch, so I know she'd be able to handle herself.

But a younger, not-similarly-trained lady? I can understand your concerns. Does she carry pepper spray? Is it allowed on buses?

Elvisio "that'd be one way to clear out a confined space like a bus interior FAST" Rodriguez

I've taken MegaBus many times between Philadelphia and NYC and generally the only problem I've ever had is that sometimes they leave a little later than scheduled. I have friends who have gone from Philadelphia to Boston with no problems either. I think the bus lines like MegaBus and Bolt Bus try to cater to a different crowd than traditional Greyhound, although Greyhound isn't so bad anymore either (my only experience is Philadelphia to NYC or vice versa).

As a kid, I did a bunch of traveling by bus around in SoCal. Never had a problem.

And I don't know why people always say there is always that one weird & creepy guy that you have to be aware of.

How come I have never seen him?:|

:D:)

50 donations so far. Give it a try.

You know you want to spank it
Jump an Infinity

As a kid, I did a bunch of traveling by bus around in SoCal. Never had a problem.

And I don't know why people always say there is always that one weird & creepy guy that you have to be aware of.

Because you never took the mirror out of your pocket and looked at it? :P:D:o;)
lisa
WSCR 594
FB 1023
CBDB 9

Because you never took the mirror out of your pocket and looked at it? :P:D:o;)

Damn... beat me to it. :D
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban