The_Don

Wile E Coyote in real life.

:o That kid is lucky there was a lot of snow on the ground.

It also seemed to me, and I have no base jumping experience at all, that if you are that tentative, the last thing you need to be doing at 1000 feet is a front flip. :S

YIKES!
lisa
WSCR 594
FB 1023
CBDB 9

150 meters is about 450ft.

I could have sworn it said 300 m. :$ This is why I have no desire to jump off of something that low. It also makes the front loop doubly sketchy.

Do base jumpers actually do stuff like this that low, regularly?
lisa
WSCR 594
FB 1023
CBDB 9

450 is pretty high in base standards.. 110 to 200 ish is static line high roughly... 200 to 300ish is hand held to stowed territory.. 300+ is mostly pretty comfy stowed for the most part.. the window for the pitch on front flip is much smaller than back flips. most people dont do front flips for this reason on lower objects ( less than 1k').. russians on the other hand :D......

dont let life pass you by

The Camera person was awfully calm after watching his friend die.

On March 8, 2012 in the city of Konakovo (Tver Oblast, Russia), Ivan a young man of 28 years wanted to try a new experience by jumping from a tower in a electric power line. With a parachute in the back, it jumped to 120 meters (150m according to other sources) but the parachute did not open and it crashed in the snow. He was taken to hospital in critical condition (concussion, broken pelvis, a bruised lung). 3 months later, he is much better and is able to walk.

Ref http://www.ladepeche.fr/pages/kewego/player.php?sig=93d4307d51cs
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

On March 8, 2012 in the city of Konakovo (Tver Oblast, Russia), Ivan a young man of 28 years wanted to try a new experience by jumping from a tower in a electric power line. With a parachute in the back, it jumped to 120 meters (150m according to other sources) but the parachute did not open and it crashed in the snow. He was taken to hospital in critical condition (concussion, broken pelvis, a bruised lung). 3 months later, he is much better and is able to walk.

Ref http://www.ladepeche.fr/pages/kewego/player.php?sig=93d4307d51cs

\

Not sure if you replied to show he didn't die. I did see that note on the video clip. But, the camera person couldn't have known that when he witnessed the impact. At least not in the time the video showed.

interesting first base story.
My photos

My Videos

I figured he was waiting for the bounce. They either stand up, or they bounce. If they stand up, they're OK. If they bounce, it's good video. Win-win.
Trapped on the surface of a sphere. XKCD

W-T-F!

Is this why there are so many cute Russian girls marrying so so guys?
All the "normal" guys keep doing really stupid shit like this?
Life through good thoughts, good words, and good deeds is necessary to ensure happiness and to keep chaos at bay.

The only thing that falls from the sky is birdshit and fools!

But, the camera person couldn't have known that when he witnessed the impact. At least not in the time the video showed.

There's about 8 seconds between impact and when you can hear him yell back up to the camera guy. I don't speak Russian but I would imagine, "I'm okay!" (relatively speaking of course) would be the standard fare.

....not that it matters, but..
left hand deployment ?????

that was 1 minute 38 seconds of "Tentative"[:/]

5 seconds of "OMG":o
and the rest of the time = "damn..."

look at the smokestacks off in the distance,,, at the start of the footage . Looks like it wouldda been a pretty substantial downwind landing....[:/]

jmy