Nataly

If you could change one thing...

I'd have a trust fund so I could spend my life traveling the world as a backpacker, living as cheaply as possible, while still skydiving and BASE jumping.

More realistically I would be happy if I didn't have college loans to pay off, then I'd make the above a reality without a trust fund.
Sex with sith is like sex with a stripper. A lot of flashing lights and waving of glowing sabers, but in the end you end up with something dark and wrinkely.

DPH# "-13"
TSK# "-13"

I've decided i'm bored and its time for a change so i started a nationwide job search. I feel like i have been in a rut here with a lot of things, plus i havent been very happy with work, so its time to open my horizons and start over somewhere new.

Or, i just need lotsa money or a sugar daddy so i can travel and skydive all the time! :)
Seriously though, if anyone knows of any sciencey jobs please feel free to pm me, and i will gladly send a resume!

Pay off this millstone of a mortgage! That and the recession kept me out of the sport for a few years :(

Other than that leave the rat race in the cosmetics industry, move to a small village in France right on the coast, rent an idyllic house and absorb the sunshine and good vibes (sexism aside, of course) :P

I would move to remote British Columbia or Alaska and do something to help bears and other wildlife. I keep getting these little teases that are leading me in that direction and not sure how to make it happen. Defenders of Wildlife just posted one of my bear pics on their website and I want to pursue it. I feel like a whore without the sexual gratification at work. So...this winter I am getting rid of all my unneeded "stuff" in preparation for a change. That change may take some time though.

Pay off this millstone of a mortgage! That and the recession kept me out of the sport for a few years :(

Other than that leave the rat race in the cosmetics industry, move to a small village in France right on the coast, rent an idyllic house and absorb the sunshine and good vibes (sexism aside, of course) :P

:D:D

You just reminded me that when I want something, I tend to make it happen!! Thanks Ad :)
PS: I went one further and *bought* my idyllic place :)
"There is no problem so bad you can't make it worse."
- Chris Hadfield
« Sors le martinet et flagelle toi indigne contrôleuse de gestion. »
- my boss

I feel like a whore without the sexual gratification at work. So...this winter I am getting rid of all my unneeded "stuff" in preparation for a change. That change may take some time though.

Best of luck on your journey :) you're taking the first steps toward realizing your dream, thats more than most of us can claim.
Sex with sith is like sex with a stripper. A lot of flashing lights and waving of glowing sabers, but in the end you end up with something dark and wrinkely.

DPH# "-13"
TSK# "-13"

About your current situation, would you? What would it be?

Sadly and I really hate to say it....I wish I could work and make a solid 25% to 50% more so i could move out of my condo and move to a place where there are younger folks.

You see money won't buy you a smile but money will allow you more choices. And the outcome of some of those choices may lead to a smile.

So for me, sadly i wish i could have a bit more cash on hand.
Life through good thoughts, good words, and good deeds is necessary to ensure happiness and to keep chaos at bay.

The only thing that falls from the sky is birdshit and fools!

I'm pretty happy with the direction my life is heading right now. It would be nice to be few years further down my path, but I wouldn't want to miss out on the journey in order to magically get there quicker.

I guess all I need is a vacation to go see the coast of France! :P

Math tutoring available. Only $6! per hour! First lesson: Factorials!

I'm pretty happy with the way things are, and try to be happy with the good things I've been dealt.

That being said, if I were to change something, it would be to have more time between work and school to get better at composing or playing my instrument, or maybe pursuing a career in music education.
well...I was going skydiving anyway. let's go.
Earn your pancakes.

I am very happy with my current situation. I have money, health, happy family, and the knowledge all those are transitory.

I guess if I could change 1 thing, it would be to find a job that is impactful to society in a positive way, and still paid well. Anybody know of any movie star or rock star positions available?
For the same reason I jump off a perfectly good diving board.

Probably a few too numerous to mention here.

You know those guys who say they have no regrets? I think they're in deep denial. I think everybody who has lived long enough has something they'd like to go back and fix -- even if they won't admit it to themselves for reasons of pride.

Think about it. If you say you wouldn't change anything or regret anything then you've lead a perfect life.

Nobody does that.

We've all fucked up at some point or another. Hurt somebody. Didn't do the absolute best job we could have.

So, yeah, I have a number of things I'd like to fix.

I'm not stupid enough to list them here though. ;)
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

I'd be 42 years younger.

Ever the HHGG fan, eh?:D
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

Probably a few too numerous to mention here.

You know those guys who say they have no regrets? I think they're in deep denial. I think everybody who has lived long enough has something they'd like to go back and fix -- even if they won't admit it to themselves for reasons of pride.

Think about it. If you say you wouldn't change anything or regret anything then you've lead a perfect life.

Nobody does that.

We've all fucked up at some point or another. Hurt somebody. Didn't do the absolute best job we could have.

So, yeah, I have a number of things I'd like to fix.

I'm not stupid enough to list them here though. ;)

I guess it all hinges on whether you like where you are right now, and who you are now.

If you go back and change one thing, everything changes. Even if it's a small thing, that thing will change something else, which will affect something else, and so on until your life doesn't resemble anything close to what it is now. You wouldn't be you.

That's great if you don't like your life at all, but if your life is close to what you would like it to be, it could be disastrous.

Sometimes the thought of a do-over (which is what any change at any past point essentially is) can be very attractive. It is a very different want than saying "I want 'this particular thing' changed right now and then going forward into the future.

I guess, if I could change one thing, it would be to be more articulate :P
lisa
WSCR 594
FB 1023
CBDB 9

I am very happy with my current situation. I have money, health, happy family, and the knowledge all those are transitory.

I guess if I could change 1 thing, it would be to find a job that is impactful to society in a positive way, and still paid well. Anybody know of any movie star or rock star positions available?

No, but they are always looking for the next big hip-hop artist.:P

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you can never know if they are genuine" - Abraham Lincoln

Nobody does that.

I wouldn't change anything, but that's not the same as saying I don't regret anything. It may sound counterintuitive, but your statement that nobody lives the perfect life is kinda the point. If you go back and change one thing you end up having to change something else, and before long you're Phil Conners in Groundhog's day trying to get yourself and Rita to land in the snow in just the right way after the snow fight.

It is interesting (however philosophically trivial it may be) that when asked the question of what one thing a person would change about their situation that some people look at what they'd change about their past and some people state what they'd like to be able to do in the future.

/edited to add (speaking of changing things): ...what Lisa said

You know those guys who say they have no regrets? I think they're in deep denial.

"Often regret is very false and displaced, and imagines the past to be totally other than it was."
Your secrets are the true reflection of who you really are...