iluvtofly

Dark Knight Rises Shooting

http://gma.yahoo.com/mass-shooting-colo-movie-theater-14-people-dead-085940786--abc-news-topstories.html

Even the movie theaters aren't safe anymore. By tomorrow they will be blaming a video game, or some music for what happened. Never mind that it was probably another case of parents not paying attention or being willing to admit that their son needed psychiatric help. They will probably interview his old teachers who will say they knew something was wrong but didn't want to hurt his feelings. Everyone is too damn politically correct these days, and too afraid to hurt someones feelings. Not to mention the parents out there that when you try to tell them something is legit wrong with their kid they freak out and sue for defamation of character or some crazy shit like that. Hate to break it to you Mom and Dad, not all kids are perfect. Do you want to be responsible for your child doing something like this because you were too worried about appearances when someone told you that you might want to get your child checked out? I don't think so. Be more involved in your child's life. Pay attention to the little things they're saying and doing. If a teacher mentions something might be wrong, don't just brush it off. Too many crazies are slipping through the cracks because people are too afraid to say anything.

Reserving judgement about the root cause until we actually know something

I can't help but think that this is some sort of 'fantasy' realized. I haven't seen the movie yet, but with a villian named 'Bane', and the Joker from the last movie promoting 'general chaos' for the sake of 'chaos', this really smacks of some guy who wanted to play out a scene from the movie.

Tear gas, guns, explosives, it certainly wouldn't be out of place in a super hero movie screen-play.

Of coruse, this is just speculation. Watch it turn out to be some girl he liked was seeing the movie without him. I wouldn't be surprised if Facebook has something to do with this, either the guy read something on there that set him off, or he wronte something on there that should have tipped others off, I'll bet the 'F' word comes up sooner or later.

You're reserving judgement. The talking heads on the news networks know no such restraint. Yes, they've already decided he played lots of video games.
I agree with Spence; just move this to SC.
Condolences to all those affected.
You don't have to outrun the bear.

He might not be crazy, he could be totally rational with evil intent. Look at the extreme right wing Norwegian mass murderer, the experts are in disagreement over his psychological state.
When an author is too meticulous about his style, you may presume that his mind is frivolous and his content flimsy.
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

Can't comment much without getting this thrown into SC. There's nothing you can do to help fix all the defective people in the word but you can damn sure protect yourself.

Really? How would you do that in a darkened theater, with a gunman dressed in black who drops tear gas and is wearing a flak jacket?

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Can't comment much without getting this thrown into SC. There's nothing you can do to help fix all the defective people in the word but you can damn sure protect yourself.

Really? How would you do that in a darkened theater, with a gunman dressed in black who drops tear gas and is wearing a flak jacket?

I'd aim for his fucking head. Especially when he stopped to reload:S

Apparently he had 4 guns, and when one came up empty, he just switched.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

I bet he would have found it harder to stand there and shoot if someone was shooting back.

I bet he would have found it harder to stand there and shoot if someone was shooting back.

Can you do this while there's tear gas irritating you? Have you actually practiced this?

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you can never know if they are genuine" - Abraham Lincoln

he would have found it a fuck load hader to do if he had less guns or even NO guns (perish the thought):S
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Can you do this while there's tear gas irritating you? Have you actually practiced this?

No I haven't, but put in the situation I'd damn sure give it a try.

he would have found it a fuck load hader to do if he had less guns or even NO guns (perish the thought):S

We don't live in that world and never will. Criminals will always have weapons so it's best to learn to defend yourself. You do it your way, I'll do it mine. If you want to throw rocks then by all means that is your right.