Nataly

Sexism revisited...

I think all Nataly wanted was a shot at some of the better jobs, not a 1950's housewife role.

As I said, this wasn't about Nataly...I think she's a doll...this was personal.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uelHwf8o7_U

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5-yKhDd64s&feature=artistob&playnext=1&list=TLeUkpHKzT26Q

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KV2ssT8lzj8&feature=autoplay&list=TLeUkpHKzT26Q&playnext=2
Your secrets are the true reflection of who you really are...

People came to these shores for a clean slate. Rampant sexism persists in France specifically because the majority of French society wants it to. You could put a hundred OPs over there, whining for a year straight. It wouldn't change that.

People went to th US because of a strong desire to appripriate/expand their territory (aka colonialism)... Sexism is rampant *everywhere* (including th US) because change takes time. Calling for change is not "whining". The majority of French people are women and let me assure you they do NOT want sexism to persist.

The fact is that the current system assumes the man has the financial burden of raising a family, and that a woman's job/salary is incidental. This system works when the typical model is that women marry and stay at home to raise the kids... It no longer works if the family structure changes from the traditional model to what is increasingly the case, which is that women are not relying on a man for their financial support. The tradition has changed, but opportunities and mentalities have been slower to follow.

Your claim that I should shut up or put up (or move) is not valid for the simple fact that speaking up is necessary for change. Furthermore, excelling at your job is not relevant if the selection criteria is not based on skill. Which is the entire point - if it WERE based on skill and not gender, this would be a good start.

If you think Europe is backward and the US is progressive... Well, you are of course entitled to your opinion. :S
"There is no problem so bad you can't make it worse."
- Chris Hadfield
« Sors le martinet et flagelle toi indigne contrôleuse de gestion. »
- my boss

The fact is that the current system assumes the man has the financial burden of raising a family

Nobody is stopping the women...bring it on if that's what you want...just don't bitch that it's not fair. we don't suck each other's dicks, so don't expect us to kiss your ass...simple. If you have what it takes, then you have what it takes...I don't want to hear any bitchin' when you lose.
Your secrets are the true reflection of who you really are...

The fact is that the current system assumes the man has the financial burden of raising a family

Nobody is stopping the women...

Oh really??? You're right that we can apply, we just won't be considered... That's stopping us, in my view...
- Chris Hadfield
- my boss

Just be happy it's a battle of witts and not muscle...a battle that you'd surely lose...

Doubt that - i'm freakishly strong!!! :D:D
- Chris Hadfield
- my boss

Just be happy it's a battle of witts and not muscle...a battle that you'd surely lose...

Doubt that - i'm freakishly strong!!! :D:D

Wanna wrestle?:$

;)

I don't believe in an unfair fight. Plus, I'd feel bad if I hurt you! :ph34r::ph34r:
- Chris Hadfield
- my boss

Earlier this week I saw an article that women are now cleverer than men. I found it interesting.

The dynamics of employing women can be tricky in a small business environment. Especially if they are of child bearing age. As someone who ran a business, there is no way that we could have sustained maternity leave and a replacement with a total staff of 5 employees.

Btw Australia is very woman friendly in the employment environment. I guess a huge skills shortage makes people flexible.
Experienced jumper - someone who has made mistakes more often than I have and lived.

The dynamics of employing women can be tricky in a small business environment. Especially if they are of child bearing age.

Yes. If this burden didn't fall directly on businesses, fewer single moms would be on welfare. I think this is a case where the government should re-direct funds... Obviously it's not a simple problem.

Ironically, typically the people who cover the person on maternity leave will be a mother returning to work. Often accepting a more junior role for less money because good jobs are hard to come by with a gap on your CV. So the business benefits from expertise they wouldn't normally have access to. It's not a total loss, but difficult for a small business for sure. And difficult for women. And unfortunate for those of us who don't even have/want kids.
- Chris Hadfield
- my boss

I already told you. Keep karping all you want. Just don't hold your breath. You can keep refusing to acknowledge my views, as well. I really don't care.

I think Coreece has it right. He said what I did. Bring it if you can. If you can't? Stop your whining. Find another way, not excuses...

I'm done w/this thread. I'm quite sure you'll neither change yourself, nor France.

I already told you. Keep karping all you want. Just don't hold your breath. You can keep refusing to acknowledge my views, as well. I really don't care.

I think Coreece has it right. He said what I did. Bring it if you can. If you can't? Stop your whining. Find another way, not excuses...

I'm done w/this thread. I'm quite sure you'll neither change yourself, nor France.

I'm not refusing to acknowledge your views - I am pointing out that none of your arguments so far have been based on logic or fact.
- Chris Hadfield
- my boss