Skyrad

Anyone watching the Olympic opening ceremony

Is anyone watching the opening ceremony in a couple of hours from now? Curious what you all think.
When an author is too meticulous about his style, you may presume that his mind is frivolous and his content flimsy.
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

LOL. The prelim programme is on here in London at the moment. I'm surprisingly excited didn't think I would be. London is quite buzzing.
When an author is too meticulous about his style, you may presume that his mind is frivolous and his content flimsy.
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

With Danny Boyle doing the opening ceremony it will either be inspired and brilliant or bloody embarrassing.
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

Finally, well it was patchy I think, moments of brilliance and moments of total pap. What did you think of it?
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

Yes Her Majesty and Commander Bond no less;) Loving the Twitter feed right now, America is only watching it now for some reason, the best Tweet was this one...

Can you imagine living in a country where people love the healthcare system so much they choreograph happy dances about it? #olympicceremony

:D:D:D
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

So far......strange and completely unimpressed.

"Strange" is being nice [:/] Bizarre is more like it. What little I saw. I turned the channel, because what I did see was a total waste of time. Now watching E.T. Goofy, but a classic. :P
lisa
WSCR 594
FB 1023
CBDB 9

Harry Potter and Mary Poppins and lots of crap acting and what looked like excerpts from Childrens TV bedtime stories, NHS drivel. Feeble overall; still its not like they wasted £21m on it. China must have been laughing. The Queen looked so pissed off she was picking her nails at one point looking bored when they cut to her for one shot priceless.
Dont just talk about it, Do it!

Finally, well it was patchy I think, moments of brilliance and moments of total pap. What did you think of it?

SUCKED!!!! I liked China's summer, and Norway's winter. This was just a mishmosh of forgettable British history and culture. At one point, I thought they were gonna spray coal dust on the spectators for effect.
I believe you have my stapler.

I didn't see the Opening Ceremonies since I was at work.

I used to like the Summer Olympics but lately they have done little for me. I really am not interested in them. I respect the individual athletes for their dedication to be the best they can be in their respective sports, but I am not about to waste time as a TV spectator watching things like Badminton, Rowing, Archery, most Athletics events, most Swimming events, Equestrian events, etc, etc, etc. At least in the Winter Olympics there is an element of speed and danger in some of the events like Alpine Skiing, Freestyle Skiing, Ski Jumping, Bobsled and Luge (etc, etc, etc) that makes watching the events on TV more interesting.

However for the peeps who may be in London right now and are lucky enough to have tickets I do hope they have fun. I was 12 years old living in Montreal during the 1976 Summer Games and did I go to see live the Gold Medal Women's Volleyball match, Women's preliminary Gymnastics, several round robin Soccer games, some indoor Cycling and Men's Judo and that was all pretty cool from the eyes of a young naive 12 year old kid.

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

SUCKED!!!! I liked China's summer, and Norway's winter. This was just a mishmosh of forgettable British history and culture. At one point, I thought they were gonna spray coal dust on the spectators for effect.

Haha, I did actually begin to think they were going to do a bit on the miners strike, it wouldn't have surprised me.:S
Lucius Annaeus Seneca