The_Don

Brown Widow spiders.

Personally I haven't seen any, but caught a black widow spider in my yard once.

Alex in NOLA (used to post on here as porpoishead) had a bunch of them in his shop one time.

the place he works at now, some shop guys had captured a wasp nest with 3 or 4 wasps on it, and also captured a brown widow, and put them all in a glass and took bets on which was going to win the fight, a-la Bruce Lee in Enter The Dragon on the junk boat with the praying mantises... :D

The brown widow kicked all the wasps' asses. :o

"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Are you talking about brown recluse spiders? They are the small brown spiders with violin shaped markings on their back.

I had them really bad in my garage but bought a product called "Delta Dust" to get rid of them. It works great. This is about the only thing I have heard of that works. The sticky traps do not work.

It also helps to remove all habitat. They love cardboard, brown paper, and wood. Keep your floor in the garage cleared off. They mostly live on the ground.

We don't have many of those but we do have Palmetto Bugs, aka roaches. Blech! It doesn't matter how clean your house is, they still find you!
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

Are you talking about brown recluse spiders? They are the small brown spiders with violin shaped markings on their back.

I had them really bad in my garage but bought a product called "Delta Dust" to get rid of them. It works great. This is about the only thing I have heard of that works. The sticky traps do not work.

It also helps to remove all habitat. They love cardboard, brown paper, and wood. Keep your floor in the garage cleared off. They mostly live on the ground.

Here's a clicky for you: Brown Widow Spiders :ph34r:
Some people refrain from beating a dead horse. Personally, I find a myriad of entertainment value when beating it until it becomes a horse-smoothie.

Thanks. I've seen those, too. Always wondered what they were.

Thanks. I've seen those, too. Always wondered what they were.

Always here to help.;)
Some people refrain from beating a dead horse. Personally, I find a myriad of entertainment value when beating it until it becomes a horse-smoothie.