shah269

Background?

Background?
A good friend pointed out the other day when he was visiting that all the coves of the skydiving magazines I had were well...white dudes.
And I got to thinking? Where is everyone from?
Please choose and indicate if you are zero generation, like me an immigrant to the US or first or just a part of your ancestry.
Life through good thoughts, good words, and good deeds is necessary to ensure happiness and to keep chaos at bay.

The only thing that falls from the sky is birdshit and fools!

I've asked my Bosnian friends the same thing.
Though they are Europeans their culture is very different.
Thus "Eastern European"

After all my Russian friends are very different from say my friends from Belgium in terms of culture but not at all like my Asian friends.

Also case in point me, I'm from Iran. People if Iran, Afghanistan and Pakistan are very different from our friends in the middle east or the far east but we are in effect asian?

Long and short of it, I did my best to guess and not make it too silly. Just wondering. I've visited a few DZ's here in the north east and well....I found it to be a bit monochromatic, Caucasian/American with a touch of Eastern European.

And i just realized i screwed up the thread and any joker can just click on all of the options.
Oh well....well my bad
Life through good thoughts, good words, and good deeds is necessary to ensure happiness and to keep chaos at bay.

First one in the country as I said. A good number of my friends are like me.

But it would be super nice to see say a middle eastern woman on the cover of Blue Skies or Parachutists swooping or wing suiting.

In the hart of the Albroz mountains. Tehran.
Dream is to one day visit where i grew up and ski and skydive.
But that will most likely never happen. [:/]

In the hart of the Albroz mountains. Tehran.
Dream is to one day visit where i grew up and ski and skydive.
But that will most likely never happen. [:/]

Yeah, you might have to wait a couple of hundred years for it to cool off a bit. [:/]

How does someone end up being from Caucasian ? I haven't found that region, country or continent on any maps..

Whatever you do, don't google it, else you might find: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caucasus

But, that still means he has parts of Europe and Asia twice. ;)
Nobody has time to listen; because they're desperately chasing the need of being heard.

East and west asia as well as the middle east are all just Asia

Immigrant grandparents.

One from Asturias (northern coastal) Spain
One from Messina, Sicily
Two from Alessandria della Rocca, Sicily (near Agrigento)

Some Mexican, some Warm Springs/Mimbres injun.

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you can never know if they are genuine" - Abraham Lincoln

You didn't put North America!! So any one not caucasian from there cannot tick any boxes...

And some of us fit in more than one category...

Not a great set of options...

Speaking of sets, you didn't even put boobies - fucking AMATEUR!! :D:D

"There is no problem so bad you can't make it worse."
- Chris Hadfield
« Sors le martinet et flagelle toi indigne contrôleuse de gestion. »
- my boss

You didn't put North America!! So anyone not caucasian from there cannot tick any boxes...

Nat, it was a off the cuff thought to see what was going on.

I tend to have a very diverse group of friends of all nationalities and sexes. And the other day I had many of my friends over for a nice Persian dinner and my friends Byron (African American) and my friend Duck (who is from Vietnam) questioned why all of the Blue Skies magazines and Parachutist magazines seem to only contain well...Caucasian men and some Caucasian women but hardly any people of color?

I didn't have an answer but agreed that the community could be more diverse but that I was unaware of the current diversity in the community as it stands. Thus why I asked the question. And looking at the preliminary results....maybe the publications are a true representation of the community.

You didn't put North America!! So any one not caucasian from there cannot tick any boxes...

And some of us fit in more than one category...

Not a great set of options...

Speaking of sets, you didn't even put boobies - fucking AMATEUR!! :D:D

Not too many of the more recent immigrants to North America really pay anything more than lip service to the fact that First Nations people walked here thousands of years ago.

I guess if you did not get here by boat or airplane... ya just dont count in most peoples minds, even though many people in North America have some of that genetic makeup running around in their family trees if their ancestors got here before the last century.

Then again with this countries history many wish to AVOID any mention or thought of those stray DNA genetic markers that might have snuck in.

Kind of like the Europeans who want to avoid thinking about the fact that the Mongols pretty much rape pillaged and plundered the entire land mass from coast to coast.

Diversity is a joke. Everyone is human.

Still trying to see where the "white" option is.

Still trying to see what the point of your poll is. Crazy

There is no point- who the fuck cares, right we all skydive.
Why should the back ground of a skydiving magazine reflect a specific race in any case. As long as the pictures are soft on the eye.

Still trying to see where the "white" option is.

Still trying to see what the point of your poll is. :S

If there has to be a point to Bonfire polls then we're really in trouble. ;)

There's no denying that ours is a very white-dominated sport, so I'd actually be quite interested to see the results of a properly-designed poll on ethnicity. Unfortunately this poll isn't it! :)