Namowal

Nickname for Deployment Bruises?

Is there an official nickname for those funny upper-arm bruises that show up after a day of jumping? :P

Depending on the gear one may also have bruises not seen until taking a shower...

I have heard the term "Otter bites" used after bad exits that contact the doorway, especially for scrapes from the aft edge.

Back when I jumped in the midwest, and we couldn't jump all winter, I would always get slammed and bruised on the first jump of the season. Then I would remember:

"Oh, yeah; It's track, *flare*, then dump; Not just track, then dump.":S

"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

I like Harness Hickeys.

I just call 'em RSBs (Random Skydiving Bruises). Sometimes I know exactly where they came from, other times it's a complete mystery. You know it's been a fun weekend when you do the inventory when you get home. :D

"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

Never gotten any bruises from skydiving... And almost all my jumps have been with a Sabre 1... Maybe I'm just a freak of nature!! :D

"There is no problem so bad you can't make it worse."
- Chris Hadfield
« Sors le martinet et flagelle toi indigne contrôleuse de gestion. »
- my boss

Never gotten any bruises from skydiving... And almost all my jumps have been with a Sabre 1... Maybe I'm just a freak of nature!! :D

In order to get slammed, you need more body mass.:P
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

I just call 'em RSBs (Random Skydiving Bruises). Sometimes I know exactly where they came from, other times it's a complete mystery. You know it's been a fun weekend when you do the inventory when you get home. :D

On rainy weekends when I can't jump, I just stick a dirty sock in my mouth, light a $100 dollar bill on fire and throw myself down the stairs a few times. It's just like I spent a day at the DZ.:)

On rainy weekends when I can't jump, I just stick a dirty sock in my mouth, light a $100 dollar bill on fire and throw myself down the stairs a few times. It's just like I spent a day at the DZ.:)

Good one!
My blog with the skydiving duck cartoons.

:D:D:D:D
"There is no problem so bad you can't make it worse."
- Chris Hadfield
« Sors le martinet et flagelle toi indigne contrôleuse de gestion. »
- my boss

I like Harness Hickeys.

I get the Random Skydiving Bruises too. Lately I've been getting funny black 'n' blue stripes along the side of my foot. I've seen similar stripes on sprained ankles- but I this ankle isn't sprained: I never twisted it, it doesn't hurt, and it's fully functional. Go figure.
On the flip side, I've taken a few spills where I thought "Youch, that's gonna leave a mark." Yet no bruises developed.
My blog with the skydiving duck cartoons.

I get the Random Skydiving Bruises too. Lately I've been getting funny black 'n' blue stripes along the side of my foot. I've seen similar stripes on sprained ankles- but I this ankle isn't sprained: I never twisted it, it doesn't hurt, and it's fully functional. Go figure.

Do you by chance where converse? I wear them w/o socks and it took me FOREVER to figure out the little bruises on the side of my feet was the little metal grommets on the sides of my chucks... it was a real blonde moment for me :D

Do you by chance where converse? I wear them w/o socks and it took me FOREVER to figure out the little bruises on the side of my feet was the little metal grommets on the sides of my chucks... it was a real blonde moment for me :D

Where do you wear chucks?
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message