skydiver30960

Curiosity landing on Mars: will NASA pull it off?

Waddaya think?

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/sideshow/earth-mars-rover-curiosity-landed-205422579.html

The video is a good watch, but it sure makes it seem like there are a lot of pretty awesome things that need to work perfectly for it to work.

I'll be DVRing it. No spoilers! :P

Elvisio "my vote: Houston we have a problem." Rodriguez

Yes but I already swooped the landing area and there is not much to see there.

Are you kidding me? With the help of Jim Brown, I was able to astro project to mars...the place is awesome! They even have women with three tits!
Your secrets are the true reflection of who you really are...

Well played!
B|

Well, get used to it...I'll be playing in here a lot. Just got banned from SC for some bullshit.:D

gotta Luv it...I'll admit it...I was due for one.

btw, go see the new movie.;)
Your secrets are the true reflection of who you really are...

Yes. Without a flaw.B| And it will last long enough to greet the next rover.

I know it would be impractical (too far) and not the mission of Curiosity, but it would be cool if it drove over to one of the old Viking landers that landed on Mars back in the 70s... of course, then there would have to be a third rover there to take their picture geeking the camera! :P;):D

I know it would be impractical (too far) and not the mission of Curiosity, but it would be cool if it drove over to one of the old Viking landers that landed on Mars back in the 70s... of course, then there would have to be a third rover there to take their picture geeking the camera! :P;):D

The 2nd rover would be geeking the camera, smash into the Viking rover and end up flipping itself on its back like a turtle...the 3rd camera rover, filming without proper training and experience would lose focus and run off a cliff...

GoPro...be a MARTIAN Hero! B|

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

The 2nd rover would be geeking the camera, smash into the Viking rover and end up flipping itself on its back like a turtle...the 3rd camera rover, filming without proper training and experience would lose focus and run off a cliff...

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

I don't care who you are... at NASA or JPL... now THAT would be funny! :P

That's assuming all of that stuff actually happened in the 70s.:)

Hey, I thought I read somewhere that the SciFi channel was going to be broadcasting the landing live from NASA. Apparently, I both misread and grossly overestimated the SciFi channel.

I found where it will be simulcast online:

http://mars.jpl.nasa.gov/msl/

But I'm at work for 24 hours so if we go on a call I'll miss it. Does anyone know of it being broadcast on TV? That way I can DVR it, just in case.

Thanks!

Elvisio "Star Runners? Really, SciFi? WTF is that?" Rodriguez

Ya know, some of the artist concept drawings make Curiosity look pretty scary!

Running over stuff... shooting laser beams... getting ready to jack hammer rocks... :(

...looks like Johnny 5 from Short Circuit

Elvisio "for a short time at least, Guttenberg gave hope to nerds everywhere" Rodriguez

Yeah, well, pretty much watched that movie for Ally Sheedy! ;)

If the MSL is really Johnny 5, its good to see he got work after his movie career ran out. :P

He got one helluva retrofit! :P
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban