CanuckInUSA

Type A Personalities

I saw something yesterday which helped cement the impression I have of Type A Personalities. I drove into a large strip mall's parking lot and one of the first things I encountered when I entered the parking lot was a slow and very erratically driven student driver vehicle that caused a bit of a minor traffic jam. Since there was a big sign on the top of this vehicle with two occupants in the vehicle, I assumed a "new driver" was at the controls and I just waited for this vehicle to clear the way before I proceeded to where I needed to go. Ten or so minutes later, I was walking back to my car when this very same student driver passed me and continue to drive slow and erratically. But the funniest thing happened next.

Mr "I am the King of the World" Type A personality driving his flashy big red with a racing strip Cobra Mustang encounters this slow and erratically driven student driver in the parking lot and the moron driving the Mustang was on his horn and yelling obscenities "Hey asshole why don't you learn how to fucking drive". Sure the student driver still has a long way to go before they should be allowed to drive unsupervised on the public roads, but I thought that was the point. I thought the reason why the student driver was paying money to his instructor in a well marked vehicle was "because he was trying to learn how to drive". I briefly thought about telling the Type A asswipe in the Mustang to cool clown, but I was likely better off just keeping my mouth shut. However I would like to see this Type A asswipe on the race track, to see if his own driving capabilities are as good as he thinks they are. There is nothing better than passing someone on the race track who drives a faster car than you. :)

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

Then, the driving instructor yells back "Hey Asshole, why don't you learn to read?", and points to Student-Driver sign. In a better world, this might actually happen :P

Or yells back "What part of the 'ROOKIE DRIVER' bumper sticker did you you not understand?"

In Maryland, that is the magnetic "bumper sticker" they give to all prospective drivers.

I'm sure that kept both my kids from being cussed out on numerous occasions. :o:P:ph34r:
lisa
WSCR 594
FB 1023
CBDB 9

Mr "I am the King of the World" Type A personality driving his flashy big red with a racing strip Cobra Mustang encounters this slow and erratically driven student driver in the parking lot and the moron driving the Mustang was on his horn and yelling obscenities "Hey asshole why don't you learn how to fucking drive".

What an idiot.

A more appropriate response would have been laying on the horn and screaming at the instructor "Hey asshole driving instructor! Take your fucking students somewhere they'll get in fewer peoples' way than a crowded mall lot! Grow a few brain cells and take remedial thinking classes so can come up with this stuff yourself!"

Even better would be following until the car gets stopped for the inevitable car waiting for people to get in their car and free a space which creates the opportunity to tap on the window and opine to the instructor

"Excuse me sir, but I believe your student will impede fewer people and cause less stress for you if you adjourn to a parking lot with less traffic."

Stupid and oblivious people need someone else to think for them and are more likely to accept that thinking when you're polite about it.

Sure the student driver still has a long way to go before they should be allowed to drive unsupervised on the public roads, but I thought that was the point.

Around me there are abandoned office complexes with unoccupied parking lots, convention center parking lots where people remain parked all day, and a fine selection of low traffic residential streets. All of those are a much better choices for familiarizing a still hesitant driver with motor vehicle operation than a busy mall parking lot.