Phillbo

Peeves ...

I think I could write a whole book about my pet peeves... Perhaps I'm merely intolerant!!! :D:D

One that just occurred to me now: people who put empty stuff back in the fridge... This morning I wanted a glass of very cold water... I grabbed the bottle of tap water I keep in the fridge... Unfortunately, my boyfriend had gotten to it first - there were only about 3 drops of lovely cool water for me in there!!! Hmmm... :|

"There is no problem so bad you can't make it worse."
- Chris Hadfield
« Sors le martinet et flagelle toi indigne contrôleuse de gestion. »
- my boss

Folks who waste parking space by leaving way too much space to the car before/behind them or by parking way too far to the next car in battery parking.
The sky is not the limit. The ground is.

The Society of Skydiving Ducks

Dirty dishes left in the sink. The dishwasher is right there next to the sink, take the extra 10 seconds and put the dishes in there!
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

Dirty dishes left in the sink. The dishwasher is right there next to the sink, take the extra 10 seconds and put the dishes in there!

OOO!!!! that's close to mine. people who leave their trash on the counter at coffee shops/restaurants when the trash can is right next to them!!!

also

people who say AX instead of ASK

people who talk on the phone while checking out and completely ignore the cashier. I think that's just rude. you cant pause your convo for one sec to answer the cashier's question or to acknowledge their existence?

I have way too many pet peeves... [:/]

Cigarette butts. (Littering in general)

It's your habit. Take care of it. Don't throw the butt out for someone else to pick up after you.

"I'm special" driving and parking.

Wait in line like everyone else. Don't drive ahead on the shoulder and then try to get in.

Park in one spot like the rest of us. Yes, your car is nice. If you don't want anyone parking near you, park on the other side of the lot and walk.
I know it just wouldnt be right to kill all the stupid people that we meet..

But do you think it would be appropriate to just remove all of the warning labels and let nature take its course.

Women who "hover" in public bathrooms and who don't wipe the seat off after.>:( I shouldn't have to wipe it before I can get blessed relief. ;)

omg! yes! or overly friendly women in the restroom. I'm just peeing in the same place as you. This does not mean we're instant besties and need to chat.

Women who "hover" in public bathrooms and who don't wipe the seat off after.>:( I shouldn't have to wipe it before I can get blessed relief. ;)

omg! yes! or overly friendly women in the restroom. I'm just peeing in the same place as you. This does not mean we're instant besties and need to chat.

Especially while I'm sitting on the toilet.
lisa
WSCR 594
FB 1023
CBDB 9

What's "battery" parking? It's not a Yankee term AFAIK. :)

It's a term I decided to use for "parallel parking". I came across the term on Mallorca ("Aparcar en bateria") and liked it very much. ;)
The sky is not the limit. The ground is.

The Society of Skydiving Ducks

That drives me nuts too. I'm not the world's best housekeeper, but dirty dishes in the sink is just nasty.

Edited to add:
Maybe it's because I'm older, but am I the only one who finds instant messages very annoying?
For example (my interpretation in brackets):

u there? [Hey! Let me interrupt you! Notice you're not important enough to warrant a "you"...]

So and so is typing...
[Now that I've distracted you, please stop what you're working on and wait for what I have to say...]

So and so has stopped typing. [Ha ha! I interrupted you and made you wait. Sucker!]

I have no problem with emails, facebook messages, phone messages etc... but the "stop what you're doing and watch me type" nature of instant messages drive me crazy.
My blog with the skydiving duck cartoons.

People who do in traffic, what they wouldn't dream of doing in a supermarket checkout line. I'm talking "Do whatever it takes to get in front of the person in front of them." As if we all don't want to get where we are going.

It burns me up like nothing else.>:(

I believe you have my stapler.

Also hipsters.

^ This.

+2

+3

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Ktv2QqWYGY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YlGqN3AKOsA&feature=youtube_gdata_player
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke