npgraphicdesign

No more Scion TC...

...going about 65 in a 55. Wet roads after storm, slightly balding tires, going around a turn on the highway...and that's all she wrote. Have taken similar turns at a faster speed in dry weather, and never had issues. But, was stupid to do on the wet road.

If it wasn't for the metal pole in 04.jpg, I probably would've kept sliding, and would've either tumbled downhill, or gone right off the overpass onto the road below. Could've been a lot worse. I guess someone was watching...

Anyways, lesson learned.

Yikes! I hope you're O.K.

Thanks Lisa! Amazingly, I walked away without a single scratch. Having the seatbelt on and not having a direct impact into anything (it was more of a slide, then bounced off the curb onto the guardrail, then slid along the guard rail, then was stopped by the metal post as my momentum significantly diminished) helped greatly. I just climbed out the window and sat on the guard rail after I called the police, waving at other drivers who slowed down to take photos. Did I mention that someone rearended another car while he was taking a photo of mine, and another car slid out trying not to hit the car in front of them because they were taking photos too?? :S:o

Glad you are ok, but admitting to speeding on a public forum may not be the best decision either.

Good point...except I already received a citation for it and there isn't much I can do about it anyways.

"Excessive speeds and improper lane change"

SPEEDING? ARE YOU FUCKING CRAZY??!!!

Okay, got that out of the way.
My photos

My Videos

Hope it was paid off. :o Look on the bright side. . .many passing by will talk of the "cool" car wreck.

Did you feel the pain the next day?

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you can never know if they are genuine" - Abraham Lincoln

Glad you are ok, but admitting to speeding on a public forum may not be the best decision either.

Good point...except I already received a citation for it and there isn't much I can do about it anyways.

"Excessive speeds and improper lane change"

SPEEDING? ARE YOU FUCKING CRAZY??!!!

Okay, got that out of the way.

HAH! Thanks for the laugh. B|:D

Hope it was paid off. :o Look on the bright side. . .many passing by will talk of the "cool" car wreck.

Only the pain of my stupidity. No bruises, no whiplash, nothing. I got lucky...

Be careful. I hear that most people get pregnant by accident.

Go get a test. Hope its not twins.
My photos

My Videos

Only the pain of my stupidity. No bruises, no whiplash, nothing. I got lucky...

Be careful. I hear that most people get pregnant by accident.

Go get a test. Hope its not twins.

I know my name is Nikita, and my name sounds feminine, and people call me Nikki, Kiki, Nicci, etc...but I am a guy. Therefore, for me to get pregnant is a physical impossibility. Don't make me post proof that I am indeed a guy. :o:ph34r:

Good timing for you!

Scion does it again

Personally I think Scion is the coolest division of Toyota.
Like a Lexus, only cooler, and for people that know it's a Toyota anyway.
:D:D:D:D

Good timing...except that I live in NYC now and the car has been staying at my folks' house in CT. So...probably won't get another car. Maybe a motorcycle? :D:D:D:o

If I get a few thousand for it, I'll either get a new rig, or will go to the islands for a few weeks and get my scuba diving license. B|

A couple months ago driving back home from the beach vacation, it was raiining hard going up the state highway. I felt my front tires (front wheel drive) slip-sliding from side to side, and I had to baby the gas pedal to keep that from happening, staying at a speed just below that point, which was about 50 mph. Still raining hard when I got on the interstate, but damn... the construction quality of the road surface was much better. I could go up to 75 without any problems. The treads were wearing thin. Just got the tires replaced a couple weeks ago when I had the money to do so.

When water is on the road and you feel yourself starting to hydroplane, lift off the gas and steer straight through or correct if the back end starts to swing out.

Glad you're okay. Could have been worse.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban