Arvoitus

The Learning Channel?

Is TLC really the acronym for the phrase 'The Learning Channel'? I find it hard to believe if they're running shows like this.

From the comments :

Dad, age 40. Mom, age 32. Oldest daughter, 17. Learning time! Mom was 15 when said daughter was born, and Dad was 23. We can assume that this means a 22 year-old man was "making love" with a 14 year old. 'MURICA!

I guess there is something that can be learnt from this kind of TV-programming.
Your rights end where my feelings begin.

Yeah, it used to have good stuff. Lately, more and more crap are showing up. I think Toddlers and Tiaras have been on it or some similar bullshit. That is the stupidest show I have ever seen. :|

"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Get a newer TV...they come with an on/off switch these days! :P

:D Actually, I don't watch much TV anymore. But, when I do, I channel-surf in search of something worth watching, and sometimes see something so stupid you can't help but stare at for a few seconds.... like a Jerry Springer episode. :D
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Is TLC really the acronym for the phrase 'The Learning Channel'? I find it hard to believe if they're running shows like this.

From the comments :

Dad, age 40. Mom, age 32. Oldest daughter, 17. Learning time! Mom was 15 when said daughter was born, and Dad was 23. We can assume that this means a 22 year-old man was "making love" with a 14 year old. 'MURICA!

Yup. Also, the discovery channel, history channel and probably soon, the military channel. I need my outer space alien and conspiracy theory fix:S

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you can never know if they are genuine" - Abraham Lincoln

W-T-F?
Is that a woman? She has more chins than a Chinese phone book.
No offence to any of our Asian brothers!
But sweet flaming Jesus on a stick!
No offence to any of our Christians friends.
Mohamed doing coke off a hookers tit!
No offence to any of our Muslim brothers!
But WTF is this shit!

Can I please please be given permission to make fun of this...escaped sea beast?
Life through good thoughts, good words, and good deeds is necessary to ensure happiness and to keep chaos at bay.

The only thing that falls from the sky is birdshit and fools!

I think the message is: "Kids, don't let THIS happen to you when you grow up!":S:o
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

might as well stare at it.....
:)

God I would love to but I may offend some one who is very into..."this"
Life through good thoughts, good words, and good deeds is necessary to ensure happiness and to keep chaos at bay.

From the comments :

Idiocracy in motion.
My photos

My Videos

Be nice. I think she is a type of pelican.

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you can never know if they are genuine" - Abraham Lincoln

No no she is a great person!
YOU HEAR THAT SENDERS OF NASTY GRAMS AND WARNINGS! SHE IS A GREAT GRAT GREAT PERSON WHO I FOR ONE WOULD LOVE TO BE STUCK IN AN ELEVATOR WITH!

*whisper*
I bet when Asians see her they scream Godzillllaaa!
But when engineers see her they are sliding up to her at the bar...mostly due to the gravity field and lay some killer pick up lines on that!

I think the message is: "Kids, don't let THIS happen to you when you grow up!":S:o

That is pretty much the only justification for the show to exist. Although I have a feeling the real reason is more of a modern day circus freak show kind of a thing.
Your rights end where my feelings begin.

Its Godzirrrrraaaa!!!

If you're gonna be offensive, at least do it right. :)
Stupidity if left untreated is self-correcting
If ya can't be good, look good, if that fails, make 'em laugh.

No no she is a great person!
YOU HEAR THAT SENDERS OF NASTY GRAMS AND WARNINGS! SHE IS A GREAT GRAT GREAT PERSON WHO I FOR ONE WOULD LOVE TO BE STUCK IN AN ELEVATOR WITH!

*whisper*
But when engineers see her they are sliding up to her at the bar...mostly due to the gravity field and lay some killer pick up lines on that!

I still envision her gracefully setting up for the dive into the water to get that fish!

Of course, the US Fish and Wildlife Service will be getting a lot of complaints. That could ruin a father and son fishing trip.

From the comments :

That show would have come in handy in my student days when I was spooked by the door:
Replace the green light with a screening of that and I'd be out that door so fast...:o
My blog with the skydiving duck cartoons.

When I saw this thread title, I knew it had to be about Honey Boo Boo. :D I saw an ad for that show the other day, and I was also wondering about it being on "The Learning Channel."

Please let your kids watch this show!

See kids, THIS is what's known as "WHITE TRASH".

Perfect example.
I am NOT being loud.
I'm being enthusiastic!

I have to confess that I watched the first three episodes.

And...... I actually like the family. They're not likely to become rocket scientists, but they're funny, they're close to each other, and they seem to be generally happy. And the pet pig is cute. :)
I think the show is appealing because people like to look down on others, but I honestly saw no reason to look down on them after watching it.