J-S

Not so popular classic rock bands...

Are you looking for bands that aren't on the radio or music that isn't on radio.

I'll definitely check out other albums by the more popular artists, but I'm also searching for the smaller bands that didn't make it on the radio too much or at all.

I'm bit of a junkie for music and like discovering new to me music. I just don't have a direction to start from within the classic rock genre. I am liking most of the bands posted so far, so thanks so much for posting them everyone! You all must of had a great time growing up with that music. Too bad for me, the music I like started sucking in the early 90s. So most newer bands don't appeal to me. This is why I'm looking to the past.

I do appreciate good guitar work being I did a 7 year gig building custom guitars and got to hear some real talent when artist played at the shop I worked at (some famous and some really talented local L.A. Joes). The classic rock really rips that shit up guitar wise, too bad I only got interested in it now.

Anyway, keep the bands coming! Can't wait to pick up some new vinyl!

Not sure if these guys were on the radio much in 1972 in the US. Probably popular in Canada and maybe in the UK. Pretty long version, but cool guitar stuff (~5:40 the well known part of the song starts). http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ncICAriUfp8

"Once we got to the point where twenty/something's needed a place on the corner that changed the oil in their cars we were doomed . . ."
-NickDG

Zappa. Never hear his stuff. He had a little under a million songs. Everything from awesome rock to ecclectic avant garde weirdness. The Live at Fillmore East album was the weirdest and funniest and most brilliant opera I've ever heard. The whole "waht Kind of Girl - Bwana Dik - Latex Solar Beef" Medley? Talkin' bout your hemorrhoids, baby.

My wife is hotter than your wife.

Bread
Three Dog Night
The Association
Blood Sweat & Tears
The Guess Who

I'm not sure if these fall into the category of "not so popular," but they're the first ones who pop into my head who weren't quite The Who, Led Zeppelin, The Beatles, or The Doors. :P

Zappa. Never hear his stuff.

I saw him twice back in high school. My friends and I were lucky enough to appreciate his talent at a young age. You missed a great band, super talented, super tight. Frank was always a good time. :)

I love me some Zappa. But I wouldn't call his music Classic Rock.

I'm not sure what I would call it. Except great stuff.
Remster

Zappa. Never hear his stuff.

I saw him twice back in high school. My friends and I were lucky enough to appreciate his talent at a young age. You missed a great band, super talented, super tight. Frank was always a good time. :)

I love me some Zappa. But I wouldn't call his music Classic Rock.

I'm not sure what I would call it. Except great stuff.

He's closer to Classic Rock than the Monkees was (were? OK, grammar Nazis, which is it?) :P
lisa
WSCR 594
FB 1023
CBDB 9