JohnMitchell

Leap for Lupus Skydiving Raffle 2012

Hi Everyone,

As many of you know, my wife Valinda (Vskydiver) suffers from lupus, an autoimmune disease that causes your own immune system to turn against you. It strikes mostly women, usually in their teens to twenties. Its symptoms often start as vague muscle and joint pain but can lead to organ involvement and death. Valinda almost lost her life to this disease in 2004 and still deals daily with its effects, so this cause is very important to us.

Please take a moment and check out our prize list. As you can see, the manufacturers and dealers have been very generous this year. We have some fantastic prizes, with more on the way. The tickets are $5 each or 5 for $20, and you need NOT be present to win.

For those of you that will be attending the Leap for Lupus at Kapowsin Air Sports in Shelton, WA we also have a huge list of local prizes as well, from gas grills to reserve repacks to restaurant gift cards and more. We've got that list posted at the dropzone. The drawing will be held Saturday night, August 25th after the banquet dinner.

Here's the list:

Leap for Lupus Raffle Prize List 2012

50% off a custom INFINITY Container System, from Velocity Sports Equipment

30% off base price & 15% off options custom VECTOR 3 Micron, from United Parachute Technologies.

30% off a custom Racer 2K3 or Classic from The Jump Shack

20% off custom or stock FireBolt Elliptical Canopy from Parachute Labs Inc.

20% off a new AngelFire Reserve from Parachute Labs, Inc.

4 chances to win 15 minutes tunnel time from iFLY Seattle

2 chances to win 10 minutes tunnel time from Skyventure Colorado

15 minutes tunnel time from iFLY SF Bay

2 chances to win 50% off Altimaster N3 altimeter, from Alti-2

30% off gift certificate for a Vigil AAD from Vigil USA

3 chances to win 30% off any stock Firebird canopy from Firebird

50% off Free Fly Pants from Body Sports U.S.A.

50% off a Crater Suit jumpsuit from Body Sports U.S.A.

50% off a Competition Suit jumpsuit from Body Sports U.S.A.

2 chances to win $25 gift certificates from Paragear

Raffle Tickets $5 each or 5 for $20

Drawing will be held at Kapowsin Air Sports on August 25th. You need not be present to win.

Message JohnMitchell at DZ.com for tickets and information or visit LeapforLupus.org

http://leapforlupus.org/lfl/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=69&Itemid=79

A huge thanks to all of our sponsors listed above and to all of you jumpers out there that support us every year. We couldn't do it without you.

John Mitchell :)
P.S. These pictures are from last year's event. Valinda and I took Nory on a Leap for Lupus fundraising tandem in memory of Anita Keomahavong, a woman in her twenties who had jumped with us the year before but lost her life to lupus just months before jumping with us again.

I'll catch you guys at the Prairie to get my tickets. B|

"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

I sent you a private message to you TriGirl but thought I should also go ahead and post it here. You can send checks made out to "Leap for Lupus" in the snail mail to:

Leap for Lupus
14202 143rd Ave. Ct. E.
Orting, WA 98360

Thanks so much for everyone's support on this!

This year's event is especially hard for me. This will be the first year I'm unable to jump at the Leap for Lupus event. Even after being hospitalized in '04 I was able to jump by August! But I just can't do it this year. I'll just have to cheer everyone from the ground.

I've had to take so much steroids and chemo therapies over the years that I'm dealing with fall out now. Aside from extremely bad bone density, my hip bones have avascular necrosis, which means the bones in my hips are dying. I had double hip surgery at the end of March where they drilled lots of holes into both my hip bones to try and get the blood flow back, but as of right now that hasn't worked yet. I was really hoping that I'd be back in the sky by now but, no such luck. They will check my hips again in October and at that time they may decide to put in artificial hip replacements. But for now, my hips are just too fragile and painful for me to walk a lot of the time, much less strap on a rig and jump. B|

So, aside from getting LOTS of raffle tickets, all of you will have to make a jump for me! I'm living vicariously now. And especially on the weekend of August 25th, even if you can't come to the event, go to your nearest DZ and make a jump for me! B| I will feel your fun and good vibes, I promise! Just jump and enjoy life!

Hmmmmm, sounds like we need more pool therapy in NicaraguaB|

Check will be snailmailing. If I win the BBQ, give it to Dave Kaiser the next time he brings an Otter down South;)

I am missing LP this year for the first time in 20 years. Have a great trip and tell everyone hi!:)

Hmmmmm, sounds like we need more pool therapy in NicaraguaB|

Oh yeah, pool-and-rum therapy, if I remember correctly. That was fun.B|

Check will be snailmailing. If I win the BBQ, give it to Dave Kaiser the next time he brings an Otter down South;)

I am missing LP this year for the first time in 20 years. Have a great trip and tell everyone hi!:)

You got it. That barbecue would be great for your new DZ. Sorry you won't make it to LP this year, but I figured you'd be busy. We just might make it down to the Tsunami this fall. B|

I'll catch you guys at the Prairie to get my tickets. B|

Can't wait to see you. Tell Monkey I'm bringing my Phantom II.:)

Noice.

I have my P3. We are gonna have some sweet flights.B|
50 donations so far. Give it a try.

You know you want to spank it
Jump an Infinity

I sent you a private message to you TriGirl but thought I should also go ahead and post it here. You can send checks made out to "Leap for Lupus" in the snail mail to:

Leap for Lupus
14202 143rd Ave. Ct. E.
Orting, WA 98360

Thanks so much for everyone's support on this!

While I ALWAYS love to see a PM from V or John, :)

This year's event is especially hard for me. This will be the first year I'm unable to jump at the Leap for Lupus event. Even after being hospitalized in '04 I was able to jump by August! But I just can't do it this year. I'll just have to cheer everyone from the ground.

[:/] So sorry to hear you're not feeling well enough to jump. Hugs & vibes all around! I'm one of the lucky ones -- the gene is in my family (and I have it), but nothing has hit me so far. Mom had AS (can't spell it), and her sister has Multiple Sclerosis, but both are doing very well right now. Happy to help you advance your most worthy cause!

:)
See the upside, and always wear your parachute! -- Christopher Titus

Shut Up & Jump!

I'm one of the lucky ones -- the gene is in my family (and I have it), but nothing has hit me so far. Mom had AS (can't spell it), and her sister has Multiple Sclerosis, but both are doing very well right now.

So many of those diseases and some types of diabetes are all autoimmune disorders, cousins to lupus. In fact, the lab doing lupus research that we support is the University of Washington Division of Rheumatology. Research into one yields benefits for many. :)

[:/] So sorry to hear you're not feeling well enough to jump. Hugs & vibes all around! I'm one of the lucky ones -- the gene is in my family (and I have it), but nothing has hit me so far. Mom had AS (can't spell it), and her sister has Multiple Sclerosis, but both are doing very well right now. Happy to help you advance your most worthy cause!

Thanks again! Sorry to hear about your Mom and Aunt, glad they are doing well. Is it Ankylosing Spondylitis that your mom has? I've read that my chances of producing a child with lupus is around 10%. And I've produced 4 healthy ones! So I imagine that you would fall in that same category since those diseases are similarly predestined by genetics. However, should you start having symptoms, I'm sure you'd get a quick diagnoses and get started on treatments a lot faster than your Mom or Aunt did! In any case, life is short so jump while the sun shines! B|

I'm one of the lucky ones -- the gene is in my family (and I have it), but nothing has hit me so far. Mom had AS (can't spell it), and her sister has Multiple Sclerosis, but both are doing very well right now.

So many of those diseases and some types of diabetes are all autoimmune disorders, cousins to lupus. In fact, the lab doing lupus research that we support is the University of Washington Division of Rheumatology. Research into one yields benefits for many. :)

Exactly! Thanks to you and Valinda for keeping this fundraiser/awareness weekend going. Good luck!!

See the upside, and always wear your parachute! -- Christopher Titus

Shut Up & Jump!

We just received an awesome prize in the mail today from ChutingStar http://www.chutingstar.com/
It's an HD camera like this one http://driftinnovation.com/camera/drift-hd/ with mount! They sent lots of amazing swag too! <3

Prizes are still coming in daily!

The link to get your tickets is right here ---> https://www.wepay.com/events/leap-for-lupus-raffle-2012