rss_v

Unauthorised balloon jumps

I'm siding with rss_v in this thread. He's come under a lot of fire for posting a hypothetical question.

It's not the fact he asked the question, it's the fact that after* it was explained to him the many reasons it was a bad idea he came back on here to say he didn't see how it could possibly be that bad. That put him in the short bus to me.

*before

No, After it was well explained to you why this was not a good idea, you posted this...

This thread has give me a number of reasons not to attempt this, but the risk of physically harming anyone else seems completely insubstantial.

I believe that is the point that the flaming began.

The cost of a balloon ride makes it unlikely that I'll bother. I could get myself to Norway or Switzerland for not much more, y'know?

Or you can do a legal balloon jump for $80ish and avoid all the explaining/flaming/general stupidity of your bright ideas.
Sex with sith is like sex with a stripper. A lot of flashing lights and waving of glowing sabers, but in the end you end up with something dark and wrinkely.

DPH# "-13"
TSK# "-13"

I'm siding with rss_v in this thread. He's come under a lot of fire for posting a hypothetical question.

It's not the fact he asked the question, it's the fact that after* it was explained to him the many reasons it was a bad idea he came back on here to say he didn't see how it could possibly be that bad. That put him in the short bus to me.

*before

Yes, some folks were hammering on you pretty hard from the get go.

It is a really stupid idea.

Just the same as some folks were calling Quagmirian a troll from the beginning.

If you don't want to get hammered on, carefully consider the questions you post. Search around to see if they've been asked before and what the responses were.

You want to see something funny?
Go on a sportbike forum and ask what the best technique is for doing a wheelie with a Suzuki Katana.

The most polite response will usually be something like "Sell the Katana and get a bike that will actually do wheelies."

(I have a Katana. It's fun and fits my needs, but it really isn't a crotch rocket, despite it's looks)
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

The cost of a balloon ride makes it unlikely that I'll bother. I could get myself to Norway or Switzerland for not much more, y'know?

I'm going to go out on a wild guess here and say that you think you want to get into BASE?

Do more jumps, find someone to you know, TEACH you stuff, and don't think you can run before you can walk.

Or you can do a legal balloon jump for $80ish and avoid all the explaining/flaming/general stupidity of your bright ideas.

I really don't think I will find a balloon jump for that amount. The only balloon jumps I'm aware of in the UK are much more expensive (that's ok), have fairly high experience/licence requirements, and are hugely over-subscribed and places are allocated randomly. It's the kind of thing you might get lucky with once or twice in a lifetime of skydiving, unless you're in with the in crowd. And I am decidedly not.