grasshoppergirl

Need creative ideas for "traveling trophy" for my team at work

Anyone??? I have been wasting a good bit of the day on here anyway, so thought I'd throw the question out there in case anyone has any fun ideas. I have to have something purchased by the end of the week. It's basically just a feel good thing to give to someone who does a great job on something. I was originally going to go with some sort of funny 'soldier' type action figure because we've got a 'no job left behind' motto on one of my team,s but I haven't seen anything I really like. I also saw this on Amazon which seems like an easy out. http://www.amazon.com/Fun-Express-49-480-Inflatable/dp/B005ID3434/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1346098355&sr=8-2&keywords=inflatable+trophy So... thought I'd see if anyone else had any ideas. Thanks in advance.

It's a bit literal and looks like it might not last for a terribly long time.

I'd go for something symbolic. You'd ideally want something so cool people want to display it in their office or cubical, but not so real life valuable it gets stolen.

A sword would be awesome, but would probably be a bit too real world geek valuable. It also might raise the eyebrows of folks in HR.

A shield might imply protecting the company.

http://www.replicadungeon.com/medieval-shields.html

You might also consider some type of flag or banner; earth, checker or pirate all might be cool to create a company/team mythology around.

http://www.discountflagsdirect.com/product-type/special-interest-flags.html
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

When I coached college lacrosse, I was running the team in a fast break drill one day and the offense kept getting shut down by my defense. The offense was not very motivated to run the drill and I was getting a little pissed about their lack of motivation. I needed some pick up other than having them run a couple laps (demotivating) or yelling at them till I was blue in the face. So I kept whistling them dead and then it hit me.

Earlier in the day, I was in that office supply place to pick up some printing and they gave me a free marketing thing that they were using in their ads....The Easy Button. I just chunked in my truck and didn't think about it again until that drill. So I call a water break and go to get the thing out of the truck.

I come back to the field and say we're running team X's fast break again so line it up. I walked up to the center line of the offense set and threw down the Easy Button and stated that whomever beat the defense gets to hit the button. Damned if that didn't challenge a bunch of college kids. They started really running the set hard and challenging my defense. Pretty soon it became an honor to hit that stupid red thing and make it talk.

Amazing how the little things work sometimes. So try an Easy Button if you can still find them.
It's called the Hillbilly Hop N Pop dude.
If you're gonna be stupid, you better be tough.
That's fucked up. Watermelons do not grow on trees! ~Skymama

How about a stress ball? They come in a variety of shapes and sizes and theoratically serve a purpose :)

"There is no problem so bad you can't make it worse."
- Chris Hadfield
« Sors le martinet et flagelle toi indigne contrôleuse de gestion. »
- my boss

and theoratically serve a purpose :)

You mean, besides throwing them across cubicles? :ph34r:

*Exactly* :D:D
"There is no problem so bad you can't make it worse."
- Chris Hadfield
« Sors le martinet et flagelle toi indigne contrôleuse de gestion. »
- my boss

http://usb.brando.com/usb-thunder-missile-launcher_p02121c048d15.html

you're welcome.

boobs please.
Sex with sith is like sex with a stripper. A lot of flashing lights and waving of glowing sabers, but in the end you end up with something dark and wrinkely.

DPH# "-13"
TSK# "-13"

So along the lines of the awesome grenade launcher, (thanks kasch, I need to get one of those for myself) what do you think about a sweet remote control car or plane or something as the "trophy". I'd like people to be psyched to have it and to show people, and fun toys fit that bill much more than a trophy trophy right?

How about a remote controlled vibrator?

Post the boobies!
Sex with sith is like sex with a stripper. A lot of flashing lights and waving of glowing sabers, but in the end you end up with something dark and wrinkely.

DPH# "-13"
TSK# "-13"

So along the lines of the awesome grenade launcher, (thanks kasch, I need to get one of those for myself) what do you think about a sweet remote control car or plane or something as the "trophy". I'd like people to be psyched to have it and to show people, and fun toys fit that bill much more than a trophy trophy right?

Some of the little R/C helicopters are very easy to fly, and are designed to be flown indoors. There are R/C blimps (helium) that are a blast too.

It lets the winner drive the entire office crazy, which gives the others a lot of motivation to win. :P
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

Some of the little R/C helicopters are very easy to fly, and are designed to be flown indoors. There are R/C blimps (helium) that are a blast too.

It lets the winner drive the entire office crazy, which gives the others a lot of motivation to win. :P

That's exactly what I was thinking. I'm leaning towards Helicopter. kasch no new boob picture because it wasn't your idea! :ph34r: