Twoply

Kids have homework, so I have homework

Don't do their homework for them. Set aside a good quiet study space, help them some if they need it, but they need to do it themselves.

Now some of the stuff, like school projects, are a little more involved. I had parents that liked to do the projects while I watched. Bored me to tears. I let my kids have more free rein, offering only help and suggestions. It's amazing some of the stuff they've turned out.

You might need to also help with arithmetic flash cards.

Depending on the age of your kids, reading with them can be a wonderful experience.

Enjoy. They'll be adults all too soon. :)

Maybe they can explain it to you.:P

tanks man...that made my day. Haven't seen my son in 2 months...would almost kill myself to help him with math, but he's in the 99th percentile in the country.

I guess shit just works out that way...:)
(Still wanna die though.)
Your secrets are the true reflection of who you really are...

I feel your pain.... I'm almost out of the woods, but not quite (daughters a freshman and son in 7th...). The biggest problem I've had is that the subject matter, especially math, is NOT taught the same as when I went through school. ...and most of the time, they're not allowed to bring home the textbook to use.
I found myself having to essentially teach myself math the way they were being taught.... until I got tired of it and gave the kids their own computers, introduced them to 'google' and 'youtube', and taught them to 'teach themselves'.

The above is one of the smartest thingies I've done in the last few years.... :P Both my kids are rocking straight 'A' averages and taking AP / Honor courses...

Randomly f'n thingies up since before I was born...

haha yea I actually ended up helping my parents with their homework. :P Both of my parents went back to school while I was a kid. I would proofread their reports and everything.

I remember one time my mom had to take me to one of her math classes after picking me up from some where. It was math for the medical professional or something like that. I was sitting in a room full of surgeons, doctors, and nurses who were struggling with basic algebra while I was doing my calculus homework :D:D

I've been helping my roommate with his homework lately. He's 38, never went to school past high school, and now he's going back for his associates in something car related (not exactly sure what). He's been a mechanic for 20 years and knows that stuff like the back of his hand. Basic English classes though, not so much. I'm actually excited for when he starts a math class. Math was one of the few subjects I was pretty decent in.

haha yea I actually ended up helping my parents with their homework. :P Both of my parents went back to school while I was a kid. I would proofread their reports and everything.

Ha! That just reminded me of when my mom went back to university... She was stressing about not being "good enough" to keep up with the other students, and I had to tell her: "seriously??? You're not really intimidated by pimply teenagers, are you???" This made her laugh... She soon realised she had a massive edge called "life experience" that meant she intuitively knew a lot of the answers already... She finished with Honours :) (Thank god she never asked for my help with her homework!! Then I would have been responsible for her bad grades!! :D:D)
"There is no problem so bad you can't make it worse."
- Chris Hadfield
« Sors le martinet et flagelle toi indigne contrôleuse de gestion. »
- my boss

Our oldest daughter started community college at age 16 while still technically in high school. She soon had a job tutoring adults who were struggling in their return to scholastics. She said she was especially popular as a tutor because she could explain fractions so well.

She actually had one woman in her 30's, trying to get her real estate license, who cried when my daughter was able to finally teach her how percentages worked.

My daughter didn't graduate high school because she lacked a phys. ed. credit. But she graduated the two year college instead with a AA. She now had a BS in engineering and has someone paying for her MS as we speak. B|

Our oldest daughter started community college at age 16 while still technically in high school. She soon had a job tutoring adults who were struggling in their return to scholastics. She said she was especially popular as a tutor because she could explain fractions so well.

She actually had one woman in her 30's, trying to get her real estate license, who cried when my daughter was able to finally teach her how percentages worked.

My daughter didn't graduate high school because she lacked a phys. ed. credit. But she graduated the two year college instead with a AA. She now had a BS in engineering and has someone paying for her MS as we speak. B|

This wouldn't happen to be the same daughter I saw dressed up as LeeLoo last weekend is it???? ;)