davjohns

Heading to Belgium!

My plane leaves Huntsville at 2:30pm CST. Next posts will be from the new continent. Have to find a new DZ or three over there.

David
I know it just wouldnt be right to kill all the stupid people that we meet..

But do you think it would be appropriate to just remove all of the warning labels and let nature take its course.

I've been to all these DZ and I'm sure you'll get the same warm welcome I did. each has it's own vibe and social antics.

DZ Moorsele - Great DZ, find Ronny the rigger, he's good people
DZ Schaffen
Skydive Center Spa - Find Jimmy & Muad in the gear store, the'll look after you

Better never to have met you in my dream than to wake and reach for hands that are not there.

Je suis ici! I am here!

Two missed flights, lost bag and $300 cab ride later, I am in my room at Chievres Air Force Base. What a day!
I know it just wouldnt be right to kill all the stupid people that we meet..

But do you think it would be appropriate to just remove all of the warning labels and let nature take its course.

Sad the the world's most famous Belgian is a fictional character.

Nonsense!

Ah ha! You forgot this chap!

http://tinyurl.com/9baa3

OK, the TWO most famous Belgians are both fictional.

When an author is too meticulous about his style, you may presume that his mind is frivolous and his content flimsy.
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

Je suis ici! I am here!

Two missed flights, lost bag and $300 cab ride later, I am in my room at Chievres Air Force Base. What a day!

Welcome to Belgium, no really, you're welcome to it:P (Its actually very nice as you'll find out) How long are you here in Europe for?
When an author is too meticulous about his style, you may presume that his mind is frivolous and his content flimsy.
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

Sad the the world's most famous Belgian is a fictional character.

Nonsense!

Ah ha! You forgot this chap!

http://tinyurl.com/9baa3

Dude, have you seen Tintin in action? He'd take JCVD to the cleaners!

(Or maybe just sucker punch him while Haddock distracts him with a bottle of whisky:P)
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

Wow, you can work your way through a mountain of chocolate in that time! Enjoy!

And beer.

And frites.

Actually, if that's all I had to eat for two years, I could probably live happily. Maybe not healthily, but life sure would taste good. The Belgians don't get nearly enough credit for those three contributions to our culinary life. :D
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

It might be true Belgians came up with fries, but chocolate and beer certainly aren't Belgian inventions....

I didn't say they came up with any of them, just that they do exceptional versions of all three items. B|
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

Chievres had a glider club in the mid 80's that I logged a few hours when I wasn't jumping at Namur. It was stationary winch tow.I know you are a hang pilot but can't help you where to go for that. I was stationed at Florenne for a couple of years. We could take a bus to Chievres and SHAPE to stock up on supplies as ours was a remote site. Sweet memories other than the seasonal airtime