nigel99

Don't vandalise peoples logbooks!

What's a logbook? :ph34r:

It's the thing we evolved to after stone tablets. You may not have tried the newfangled technology yet.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

I have always kept my logbook in my gear bag when not using it. Out of sight.

Though I would still love to get my old logbook back from the time my car got stolen with my gear inside in '97. Lots of treasured memories and jumps in that one. [:/]

"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

4- smartphones with the Facebook app

I let TallGuy borrow my phone (with FB logged in) for about 8 hours at LP last week. He was, however, kind enough to refrain from posting on my behalf since I was doing him a huge favor by allowing him to talk with his RV rental company to troubleshoot several issues with the RV (which ultimately led to the replacement of the malfunctioning RV with a ginormous party palace of an RV... so I figure he really owes me for that one).:D

However, I am pretty sure that had I just left my phone sitting out on a chair, it would have been fair game. :DB|
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

What's a logbook? :ph34r:

I have to say the same thing since a disgruntled family member threw mine away. Out to the dumpster they went.... never to be seen again. >:(

Family member, what family member? >:( don't need that stinking family member.:)
lisa
WSCR 594
FB 1023
CBDB 9

I agree, it's not tradition to fuck with other peoples property.

If you dont know me,leave my stuff alone.

Just because you fall out of a plane, does not give you license or permission to be a Rude fucktard.

THIS^^^ +10
Tradition?
:S:S:S

You are out of your mind it you think it is
cool to screw with other people's stuff without their permission. It's a sure sign of immaturity and having no consideration for others. period.

Nigel, I'm sorry that it happened to her. The Farm is well known for the immature gaming....I did try to warn the new people as they csme in.
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

Just because you fall out of a plane, does not give you license or permission to be a Rude fucktard.

THIS^^^ +10
Tradition?
:S:S:S

cool to screw with other people's stuff without their permission. It's a sure sign of immaturity and having no consideration for others. period.

Nigel, I'm sorry that it happened to her. The Farm is well known for the immature gaming....I did try to warn the new people as they csme in.

Don't worry Andy. You warned me and I did try and keep an eye on it for her. Page torn out and forgotten. She's all a buzz now about jumping from a 182 for the recurrency training:D
Experienced jumper - someone who has made mistakes more often than I have and lived.

This sport was a lot more fun 10+ years ago.

Three things to not leave unattended at a DZ (after hours, at least)

1- cigs (they'll get smoked)
2- cameras (well, hello!)
3- logbooks (you'll get a great log entry about that homo 4 point three-way in tent city)
4- smartphones with the Facebook app your girlfriend

FIFY!!

However, I agree that Fkn with someone's log book that you do not know is in poor form.
My photos

My Videos

Were you not at one point advocating quite strongly about doing just that to some 'asshole" as a warning by dumping their reserve? ... and it was old school tradition?

just saying

+1 If it doesn't belong to you keep your fucking hand off of it. Most people learn that by the age of 5 or 6.

Sparky
My idea of a fair fight is clubbing baby seals

Were you not at one point advocating quite strongly about doing just that to some 'asshole" as a warning by dumping their reserve? ... and it was old school tradition?

just saying

Very different circumstances and I can assure you Andy would have spoken to you numerous times long before he dumped your reserve.
Experienced jumper - someone who has made mistakes more often than I have and lived.

+1 If it doesn't belong to you keep your fucking hand off of it. Most people learn that by the age of 5 or 6.

Sparky

Most people learn to put their shit away by 5 or 6 also
:D

Sparky

The longer in the sport, the more likely people feel this way. Newbie/yeehaw attitudes are a lot different than people that really stay for the long haul.

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

That is way different, it's called grounding your ass and you gotta be a major fuck up to have it done to you! and yes that did go on back in the day, seen done more then once.

Andy is a good guy. We've talked a bit over the years and I've never needed a talking too. Never seen him so riled up as in that thread though. Something must have been bothering him.

Doodling in someones log book, in my experience pales in comparison to having them thrown away and gone forever.

Not saying it's right, it is wrong, but pages can be removed. If i had someone who had drawn-over a reported jump I'd rewrite it after having removed the page. I do not know the extant of the "vandalism" though.

Don't mess with other people stuff it's bad Juju

I'm very superstitious about pre-logging. I still log every jump, but only after I'm safely on the ground.

I rarely ask for signatures anymore, but a very nice note from the organizer of my 900th at LP reminded me that it's good to ask for them sometimes, especially on the milestone jumps. B|

You mean you don't fill out your log book as you're on final approach? :D:P

I'm very superstitious about pre-logging. I still log every jump, but only after I'm safely on the ground.

I rarely ask for signatures anymore, but a very nice note from the organizer of my 900th at LP reminded me that it's good to ask for them sometimes, especially on the milestone jumps. B|

You mean you don't fill out your log book as you're on final approach? :D:P

No, I'm too busy editing my GoPro footage. :P

I keep my logbook at home and log 'em in the evening. I don't go into much detail, just mostly the numbers. I was surprised at Perris once when my D license and reserve repack card weren't enough to get me on the plane. They wanted to check my log book to see if I was current.:S They ended up calling my home DZ and asking if I was good to go.

At LP I passed my log book around for signatures but no one really seemed to know where to sign. Even though the empty column had "signature" at the top of it. :D