kasch

Firewalking

Has anyone tried it? Know anyone or anywhere on the East Coast that teaches that is a fairly responsible person/company?
Sex with sith is like sex with a stripper. A lot of flashing lights and waving of glowing sabers, but in the end you end up with something dark and wrinkely.

DPH# "-13"
TSK# "-13"

From the stories I've heard ZHills doesn't have many good experiences with fire.

Which is exactly why I'm looking for a professional instead of a skydiver :)
Sex with sith is like sex with a stripper. A lot of flashing lights and waving of glowing sabers, but in the end you end up with something dark and wrinkely.

DPH# "-13"
TSK# "-13"

No professional, but I did it at the 2003 Eloy boogie. PDS helped me. Contrary to popular opinion, alcohol was not involved (on my part at least). So I can assure you it's possible.

I still think it was magic, and I was there. Evidence

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

EMC Corportation has every new employee do it. Basically they burn a bunch of wood and spread it across sod so the heat is drawn down not up. I did it an did not get burned across about twenty feet of coals. Truth be told, I'd rather jump out of a plane. I think it instills way more confidence. My two cents!

Wendy P.

Thats pretty awesome! I love the expression on your face Wendy....Just a stroll through some hot coals, no big deal.

DPH# "-13"
TSK# "-13"

Just remember to hold the hand of your buddy and pee. Them's the rules.:P

That would put out the fire :P

DPH# "-13"
TSK# "-13"

Well, Mythbusters showed both that it can be done safely and how.

But Tony Robbins showed that it can still be screwed up.

Personally I'd go with the guys that did the Mythbusters segment over the guys that did the Tony Robbins event, but that's up to you. :P

"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

LOL true enough, but I'm not about to try it in my backyard without someone there who's done it before and can domonstrate it for me :)

DPH# "-13"
TSK# "-13"

Had a previous employer require a meeting with a psychiatrist.
To make sure you're a good fit they said.

After about 10 minutes of this meeting, I walked out.
My new boss called and said congrats! You got the job!
The psychiatrist said it was one of the best meetings he had.

:S

Had a previous employer require a meeting with a psychiatrist.
To make sure you're a good fit they said.

After about 10 minutes of this meeting, I walked out.
My new boss called and said congrats! You got the job!
The psychiatrist said it was one of the best meetings he had.

:S

Well, if applying for a job with them gives them reason to question your sanity, that should be a big warning flag.:D:D:D
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

No professional, but I did it at the 2003 Eloy boogie. PDS helped me. Contrary to popular opinion, alcohol was not involved (on my part at least). So I can assure you it's possible.

Wendy P.

Was that Chuck Blue back there on the right?
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Wendy P.

Was that Chuck Blue back there on the right?

Yup and Mouth on the left i think.
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

I've done it several times; my longest was about 20'. There are a few important things to know about it.
Make sure your feet are dry. Wet feet will steam instantly and cause pain.
Feet need to come down flat into the coals. This causes a layer of protective ash to form and is what protects you from getting burned. Dragging your feet will break this barrier.
Walk quickly and calmly; visualize how you're going to step out the other end and just go for it.
Don't do it drunk.
It's not magic and no psychic powers are involved. I had no instruction from anybody.
But what do I know?

I've done it several times; my longest was about 20'. There are a few important things to know about it.
Make sure your feet are dry. Wet feet will steam instantly and cause pain.
Feet need to come down flat into the coals. This causes a layer of protective ash to form and is what protects you from getting burned. Dragging your feet will break this barrier.
Walk quickly and calmly; visualize how you're going to step out the other end and just go for it.
Don't do it drunk.
It's not magic and no psychic powers are involved. I had no instruction from anybody.

that's really all there is to it? any special way to prep the coals?

DPH# "-13"
TSK# "-13"

that's really all there is to it? any special way to prep the coals?

Nope. The longer you leave them the more gray ash will form and you would think that would make it a good idea to wait a while, but I did one where it was getting late and people wanted to leave so I just scraped out the big flaming chunks and went for it. It was one hot mofo; looked like lava, and everybody was saying don't do it, but I did. No burns. A few others were planning to do it, but chickened out. One other guy did it though and didn't get burned either. We were both experienced and having said that, your first one I'd say let some ash form on top first. Another tip is to have a wet spot near your exit point so you can stamp out any hot crumbs that might get stuck to your feet when you get out. You should do it at night and pretty dark to get the best effect, and you'll see the ash part better that way. Scrape out any chunks still flaming a lot, you want nice crunchy coals.
Here is a video of an early one I did. Filming the fire for too long, sorry. https://vimeo.com/2281
But what do I know?

Thats pretty cool. Next time I go camping (NOT at the dz) I'm definitely trying this.....and keeping a burn kit on standby.

Thanks for the info! :)

DPH# "-13"
TSK# "-13"

Currently texting friends/jumpers to try and dupe them into camping/fire walking. :)

DPH# "-13"
TSK# "-13"