NicoNYC

Skydiving Nightmares.

I have been having several skydiving nightmares where I land either without a chute open or on somthing that I should have died from but I dont die. I just get angry...weird.

mOST OF US HAVE THOSE AT SOME POINT.:ph34r:
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

I haven't had any nightmares yet but I have had a few really fantastic dreams.

One of them I am standing on the ground with some other people and realize I can just arch and start flying around as if I just jumped out of the plane. B|

My other dream that I've had a few times I am at an unknown DZ, there are big barns where everyone is hanging out, the plane is bigger than an Otter. I don't talk to anyone. I am just all of a sudden in the plane. We all jump, fly for a bit, and then I'm all of a sudden on the ground. There is no canopy ride. It's a great dream. I've had this one a few times. B|

Considering I have only jumped a couple times I find these dreams AWESOME!!!!

Sincerely, Daniel (not as fat as he thinks he is) Adams
http://www.skyjump.com
http://www.vimeo.com/dandaninc
http://www.youtube.com/dandaninc

I use to have the same one when I wuz a 300 jump wonder.

I was REALLY low, opened in a toggle fire turn, got in two revolutions and hit a parked motor-home by the landing area going through the wall, bouncing off the fridge & stove and ending up on the floor inside.

It always ended with a slow pan up through bloody goggles, focusing on the dent in the refrigerator door my helmet had made...:S

Extremely vivid dream, I could see everything in slo-mo, hear the crash, feel the pain. I'd wake up in a sweat, heart pounding every time.

Never could figure out what that one 'meant'...but to this day I keep an eye out for that Reaper's motor-home! :ph34r:

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

I have nightmares of the sound of a body hitting the ground (not my own). I have nightmares after seeing a couple canopy collisions as well.
But I've never dreamed about my own death. In my mind, I guess I dream myself one day becoming as old and wise as Twardo

I'm an absolute newbie to this sport and make no pretense as to any great understanding of skydiving, but I used to race motorcycles and had some hairy dreams about brakes failing, throttle stuck open at 150 mph, stuff like that.

So my thoughts are that we are engaging in a dangerous sport, and the dreams are perhaps a way of reminding us not to be complacent, as the consequences can be dire.

I bet you checked your equipment more thoroughly, and perhpas took time to remember basic safe practices. In short, maybe it's just our natural survival instincts kicking in to give us a reality check.

Perhaps after your next dream, just say "Thank you, message received and understood"

My 2 cents
The older I get, the better I was...!

Low slow motion pull - deployment takes forever and the lines are like 100's of yards long. End up usually landing during deployment with the lines all tangled up on trees, overpasses, etc etc etc.

wonder what any freudian psychologists would make of all the dreams....

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants