ryoder

So who here lives next door?

Seems like an amusing work-around work-around for HOA prohibitions on all but for sale signs. Although "My neighor is an asshole" by itself would incur daily fines "For Sale by owner because my neighbor is an asshole" does not.

Hi

Everyone has neighbors, some worse or better than others.

If you have a good neighbor enjoy, because one day they may move.Then it's a crap shoot.

Read a news report online a couple of weeks ago where a disgruntled homeowner killed the president of his HOA.

It's happened before and will happen again.

R.

I have a good friend who sits on the boards of one of the biggest HOA's in the state. IIRC, there are ~2500 homes in it. I get some interesting stories from him.
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

I have a good friend who sits on the boards of one of the biggest HOA's in the state. IIRC, there are ~2500 homes in it. I get some interesting stories from him.

Nighbor stories are legendary ask snow white about her's. I wouldn't live in a HOA neighborhood if I got the house for free.

I would sell it:)
There's enough political BS and nosy people in the world why put up with the BS. unless your worried about "those" people moving next door.

I call the HOA type developments the ......Golden Ghetto:D:D

Remember the movie the Stepford wives I'm sure there's some cut's on Utube.:D

R.

I wouldn't live in a HOA neighborhood if I got the house for free.

+1

When we built, we chose a bit of land that in the summer, you can't even see the neighbors (barely in the winter). :)
The only reason they can hear mrowc6 play the bagpipes :o is because we live on the highest spot for miles around. :ph34r:
lisa
WSCR 594
FB 1023
CBDB 9

+1

When we built, we chose a bit of land that in the summer, you can't even see the neighbors (barely in the winter). :)
The only reason they can hear mrowc6 play the bagpipes :o is because we live on the highest spot for miles around. :ph34r:

I want to hear "Scotland the Brave"! If you have video, post it.:)

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you can never know if they are genuine" - Abraham Lincoln

I looked, and can't find a video of the band playing "Scotland the Brave", but here is his band, based out of Annapolis, Md., during the St. Patrick's Day parade in Baltimore.

Chesapeake Caledonian Pipes and Drums

Which reminds me of the joke:

Everybody knows three bagpipe songs. "Scotland the Brave", "Amazing Grace", and "That Other One." :P

lisa
WSCR 594
FB 1023
CBDB 9

I looked, and can't find a video of the band playing "Scotland the Brave", but here is his band, based out of Annapolis, Md., during the St. Patrick's Day parade in Baltimore.

Chesapeake Caledonian Pipes and Drums

Which reminds me of the joke:

Everybody knows three bagpipe songs. "Scotland the Brave", "Amazing Grace", and "That Other One." :P

Highland Laddie?

edit...

Just caught the name now. . .

I've seen these guys! Don't remember when, but I know the name.

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you can never know if they are genuine" - Abraham Lincoln

Read a news report online a couple of weeks ago where a disgruntled homeowner killed the president of his HOA.

That's awful! Unless, of course, the president of the HOA complained about his phone being on vibrate and the tv being too loud at 10:30 am. If so, then I totally get it.
There's a thin line between Saturday night and Sunday morning

That's awful! Unless, of course, the president of the HOA complained about his phone being on vibrate and the tv being too loud at 10:30 am. If so, then I totally get it.

Hi Val

The shooter was actually a DR from the middle east and the failure to communicate was over a non
conforming fence, and the Dr aso constucted a driveway before asking the HOA's permission.

Either way not worth dieing for, and the shooter doing some prison time. Lose lose:|

http://www.lvrj.com/news/one-killed-one-wounded-at-kentucky-hoa-meeting-168970536.html

Google can be your friendB|
R.
One Jump Wonder

+1

I like where I live. Small town, lake front. No houses visible from mine, including the one directly across the street from me. No fucking HOA. And all the wildlife I can enjoy. B|
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Sounds like a supreme superiority complex. That guy's a piece of crap.[:/]:|

Hi J

Which guy, the Dr, The lawyer, or the HOA;)

Its all about power and control.

There was a stink on the news recently because someone repainted their shed pink:o for thier little girl who wanted to play house in.

Outbldgs are required to be painted neutral color's per HOA rules.

The HOA and the neighbors are >:(. The kids mom is >:(The lawyer is :)
The media is eating it up.:D

R.
One Jump Wonder

+1

I like where I live. Small town, lake front. No houses visible from mine, including the one directly across the street from me. No fucking HOA. And all the wildlife I can enjoy. B|

Bees included? :P
Always be kinder than you feel.

I think he is talking about the wild parties he hosts.:|
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

I think he is talking about the wild parties he hosts.:|

Preserve Wildlife!

Throw a party. B|
lisa
WSCR 594
FB 1023
CBDB 9

Sounds like a supreme superiority complex. That guy's a piece of crap.[:/]:|

Hi J

Which guy, the Dr, The lawyer, or the HOA;)

The shooter, of course.

If you buy into a HOA, you need to go by the rules. Some of the problems start, though, when the rules are vague or open to interpretation. Or some people THINK they're open to interpretation. If you live out in the woods, fine, have junk cars in front of your house. But if you live in a nice neighborhood (whatever you define that as) do you really want to live next to a junkyard?

Had a down-the-street neighbor ( and coworker) who had a junk VW bus by the side of his house, axles and guts hanging down, up on blocks. Next door were two beautiful houses on the market. Think the realtors had an uphill battle trying to sell those? Sure, it was in the HOA covenants not to do that, but someone has to actually knock on the door and say "Hey, could you roll that into the garage?"

I don't have the best lawn in the neighborhood or immaculate flower beds, but I try to keep it somewhat respectable. :)

If you buy into a HOA, you need to go by the rules. Some of the problems start, though, when the rules are vague or open to interpretation. Or some people THINK they're open to interpretation.

Here is an example of the heartburn my friend on the HOA board had to deal with some time back:

http://ironicsurrealism.com/files/2012/02/tebow-snow-sculpture-colorado.jpg

The dumb thing even made the national news, and there was traffic pouring into the neighborhood just to gawk at it.:S

Hi R

I know you all got some extreme temps up there and a long season. But why so much heart burn over something that going to be removed by by solar energy.

If the HOA kept the situation on the down low then they wouldn't have had all the xtra traffic to worry about.

R.
One Jump Wonder