Squeak

iPhone 5,

Wait, wait, wait...

Macworld is your idea of an "independent" in determining if the new Apple Fanboy product is good or not?

Do you think Macworld would publish anything that didn't say that the iPhone 5 didn't walk on water after a resurrected Steve Jobs commanded it into existence on the sixth day?

Riiiiiiiight.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

Wait, wait, wait...

Macworld is your idea of an "independent" in determining if the new Apple Fanboy product is good or not?

Do you think Macworld would publish anything that didn't say that the iPhone 5 didn't walk on water after a resurrected Steve Jobs commanded it into existence on the sixth day?

Riiiiiiiight.

I'm a believer:)
Experienced jumper - someone who has made mistakes more often than I have and lived.

The tools used are completely independant. The methodology used by MacWorld is transparent and repeatable.

So what you're trying to imply is that they would have printed the article regardless of their conclusions and that they don't have a vested interest in making sure the iSmug5 doesn't come across as the new pocket glitter of the hipster generation for this month?

The tools used are completely independant. The methodology used by MacWorld is transparent and repeatable.

So what you're trying to imply is that they would have printed the article regardless of their conclusions and that they don't have a vested interest in making sure the iSmug5 doesn't come across as the new pocket glitter of the hipster generation for this month?

Sigh . . . If you don't think MacWorld bags on Apple, you haven't been paying attention.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

Sigh . . . If you don't think MacWorld bags on Apple, you haven't been paying attention.

If you think they would ever suggest that an Android based phone out performs the patented rounded corners wonder, then I have a bridge to sell you.

(Hope you give up soon, I'm starting to run out of snarky variations to call the iphone):D

If you think they would ever suggest that an Android based phone out performs the patented rounded corners wonder, then I have a bridge to sell you.

(Hope you give up soon, I'm starting to run out of snarky variations to call the iphone):D

No more variations needed the iSmug 5 wins:D:D.

People buy into brand loyalty in a very big way. Very few Android users will give a nod to Apple strengths, and vice versa.
Experienced jumper - someone who has made mistakes more often than I have and lived.

The only Apple gadget I care to own is an iPad2. Very handy to have.

They are pretty neat (don't own one). Saw a woman trying to video or take pictures with one at the train station though:o wrong tool for the job.

The only Apple gadget I care to own is an iPad2. Very handy to have.

They are pretty neat (don't own one). Saw a woman trying to video or take pictures with one at the train station though:o wrong tool for the job.

Yeah it is kinda hard to do that with an iPad. You just can't really hold it steady as far as video goes. I know, I've tried. :D
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

People buy into brand loyalty in a very big way. Very few Android users will give a nod to Apple strengths, and vice versa.

I'm just holding out anohter 12 months so i can get the latest whiz bang tablet with 10" screen and super duper high res, with WiFI and 3/4G connectivity so when the boobie pics are sent to me they can be almost LIFE sizedB|B|B|B|B|. I dont care if it's android or Apple, Ill ccross that bridge in 12 months:)
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

I'm just holding out anohter 12 months so i can get the latest whiz bang tablet with 10" screen and super duper high res, with WiFI and 3/4G connectivity so when the boobie pics are sent to me they can be almost LIFE sizedB|B|B|B|B|. I dont care if it's android or Apple, Ill ccross that bridge in 12 months:)

Unless you're into Ethopian boobies, me thinks you need larger than 10" screen for life size:D

For someone who was 1100 jumps late getting their GoPro I don't think you can accused of chasing the latest gadgets:P

Unless you're into Ethopian boobies, me thinks you need larger than 10" screen for life size:D

For someone who was 1100 jumps late getting their GoPro I don't think you can accused of chasing the latest gadgets:P
:ph34r::ph34r:true :ph34r:and I rarely wear it:D:D:D
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

The only real concern over any phone is its camera, is it high quality enough for good sexting!
Sex with sith is like sex with a stripper. A lot of flashing lights and waving of glowing sabers, but in the end you end up with something dark and wrinkely.

DPH# "-13"
TSK# "-13"

I'm no Apple Fanboy. By any stretch. Except for a 2nd Gen iPod, I never spent any of my money on one of their products for myself.

This being said, I got a iPhone 4s 2 months ago (couldnt wait to get a phone, and it was my only option for international coverage on VEZ).

I am very impressed. I've had Androids and Bberry (dont laugh lol), and, usability wise, the 4s is head and shoulders above all my previous phones.

Some things I miss (like small hack-like apps for enabling hotspot functionality like you can find on Android without paying VEZ stupid money for the service, and without fully hacking my way into it), but beside this one issue, I'm impressed.
Remster

Some things I miss (like small hack-like apps for enabling hotspot functionality like you can find on Android without paying VEZ stupid money for the service, and without fully hacking my way into it), but beside this one issue, I'm impressed.

It's called "Jailbreaking" (the equivalent to "rooting" your Android) and installing the MyWi app. :);)
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

I've been paying a lot of attention to commercials lately, because of a conversation in that other forum. Most of them have been pretty neutral, but hulu keeps playing this one over and over and over, though I think it insults both genders equally:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bJafiCKliA8

:P

LOL, that whole video sounds like a conversation between Derek and I...."the iPhone has XYZ, yeah, my Atrix 2 already has that."
Fly it like you stole it!

I was quite surprised when we renewed my daughters contract. She is a apple fan :S. I am not :o,discussions can be hot :D. She knocked me for 6 though, by turning down the iphone 5 and plumping for the 4s ! i thought she would have went for the new one:o.

Her reason was its was too large that simple it would not be comfy in the tight jeans teenagers squeeze into :D:D was the other reason why she discounted the Samsung galaxy s3.

wonder if this will be a big issue for the younger generation ?:S

Billy-Sonic Haggis Flickr-Fun

Her reason was its was too large that simple it would not be comfy in the tight jeans teenagers squeeze into...

The iPhone 5 is a little less than 1/2 inch taller and it's actually smaller if you consider its entire volume because of how much thinner it is from front to back.

Check my math.

iPhone 5
Height: 4.87 inches (123.8 mm)
Width: 2.31 inches (58.6 mm)
Depth: 0.30 inch (7.6 mm)
Total volume = 3.37 cu inches
Weight: 3.95 ounces (112 grams)

iPhone 4
Height: 4.5 inches (115.2 mm)
Width: 2.31 inches (58.6 mm)
Depth: 0.37 inch (9.3 mm)
Total volume = 3.85 cu inches
Weight: 4.9 ounces (140 grams)

Source:
http://www.apple.com/iphone/compare-iphones/

So, in reality it's smaller and lighter.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver