bertusgeert

Where is this from?!

I saw this in a shop on top of a big mountain recently. I like the image and want a copy. I have looked high and low, asked all my FB friends, and yet come up empty handed...

So I am coming to the place I am never left without the right answer - DZ.com.

Where is this originally from? (The movie, not the shop! Although if you can name where I saw it I'll be really amazed so go for it).

---------------------------------------------
As jy dom is moet jy bloei!

If you google "Clint Eastwood movie posters", a whole bunch of them look a lot alike. But interestingly, as much as he is shown with a gun, very few of them have that particular pose with the gun pointed at the viewer. And there are still few things that are different, like the background and the position of the gun in front of the face, so it's not an exact copy. But darned close to it, and could well be what the artist of that sign started with.

Well, it's clearly Eastwood and his "man with no name" character that appears in several spaghetti westerns starting with "A Fistful of Dollars" but "Two Mules" sure does seem to be a pretty good match even if not exact.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

Well, it's clearly Eastwood and his "man with no name" character that appears in several spaghetti westerns starting with "A Fistful of Dollars" but "Two Mules" sure does seem to be a pretty good match even if not exact.

No doubt, it is Eastwood, from Two mules. The gun has been moved, to make it fit into the new format, and it has been made into a high contrast version in order to make it seem more like a 'WANTED" poster. The gun angle is not quite the same (maybe someone didn't like the gun pointed right at the viewer?), but the hatband is the same, the angle of the face, etc...

Easy Peasy, for any half-way decent artist. Making an image high contrast is child's play.
lisa
WSCR 594
FB 1023
CBDB 9