BaronVonBoll

Good thing Bad thing

I was a happy go lucky buiding things with the knowledge and skill of years on the job. An expert if you will in certain areas of construction and specific products! Suddenly a man in authority and highly respected by me comes along and says "I want you to apply for this "promotion"! Ok so I applied and wham !!! I am now working in {gasp} an office filling paperwork filling out forms doing mathmatical calculations. doing more paperwork, checking on the people I used to call my boss and telling them when they did it wrong. listening to arguments about product design and why it cant be buit that way! On top of which I am now putting in about 14 to 16 hours a day! Now I have to ask myself,,,Is this a good thing?

are you getting compensated enough for your work effort, are you enjoying it? is it a long term prospect, can you step down and go back on tools if you want?

All these things (and more) will determine if it's a good or bad then, and the only one who can make that assessment is YOU
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

no still get paid by the hour but even double time after sixty @50 an hour really doesnt compensate for living at the job ...
yes
i can get back on the tools but
i dont know how it would feel working under the same guys
i am now supposed to check up on.

incidentally the new job is in Quality control!

I guess the upshot is: are you happier now doing the new job with the higher salary and higher hours, than the old job with the lower salary and hours?

Do you have a family? How do they feel about the above question?

BTW: there is no "right" answer for everyone. Your life and circumstances require you (and your family), and no one else, come up with that answer.

:)

lisa
WSCR 594
FB 1023
CBDB 9