Nataly

Not my idea of fun...

Got woken up early this morning by religious zealots wanting to reassure me that the end of the world was NOT coming... :S:S

Honestly... What drives otherwise sane people to bother their neighbours at stupid o'clock on a Saturday to tell them such nonesense???

ETA - I don't want to get into the whole religious debate... Just, WHY pick such an unreasonable hour??? >:(:(
"There is no problem so bad you can't make it worse."
- Chris Hadfield
« Sors le martinet et flagelle toi indigne contrôleuse de gestion. »
- my boss

Fond out where they live and go ring at their door with a couple of drunken friends when you come back from a good night out:)

____________________________________________________________ And assure them that the world will end....
Experience is a difficult teacher, she gives you the test first and the lesson afterward

i swear the next time those fucks come to my door im gonna strip down before i open the door and invite them in with my entire world swingin around..............well see if they want to have a discussion then.

has anyone ever done this?
gravity brings me down.........

The real way to get them to leave you alone is to invite them to your church. I even save the little pamphlets the Jehovah witnesses give you to hand them. They will take off running. Chase them down the road, asking them for their phone number and address so you can pick them up.
They never come back. I think they have a map with a big make on it at my house.
U only make 2 jumps: the first one for some weird reason and the last one that you lived through. The rest are just filler.
scr 316

When I first moved into my house a group of holy rollers were going door to door early on a Saturday morning. I was unpacking boxes and blasting Kid Rock, my favorite. I didn't get the funny until after I blew them off at the door.... the song blasting in the background... "Devil Without A Cause". :) And the neighbors and I try to call each other to warn what's coming when we can.

Always be kinder than you feel.

When I first moved into my house a group of holy rollers were going door to door early on a Saturday morning. I was unpacking boxes and blasting Kid Rock, my favorite. I didn't get the funny until after I blew them off at the door.... the song blasting in the background... "Devil Without A Cause". :) And the neighbors and I try to call each other to warn what's coming when we can.

I like to have the "Dead Kennedy's" To Drunk to Fuck blasting outB|B|B|
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

I like to have the "Dead Kennedy's" To Drunk to Fuck blasting outB|B|B|

:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r: OMG... haven't heard that in 20 years!!
Always be kinder than you feel.

Next time just answer the door with panties on your head and a chainsaw in your hand...word will get around, they'll stop bothering ya! :)

In college I was a "non-traditional" student, (ie >25yo), so I was put in one the the "grad houses". There were two kinds of people there:
1. Actual grad students.
2. Undergrads >25yo, of which most seemed to be ex-military.

Crazy Larry was the latter, having served 2 tours in 'Nam, and he was...shall we say...very rough around the edges. He told me this story:

He was hosting a cookout on the balcony of his apt with his GF and another couple. While on the balcony, they noticed a pair of young men in dark slacks, white shirts, and neckties, going from door to door.

Shortly after throwing the steaks on the grill, there was a knock at the door; Larry's GF peeked through the peep-hole in the door, and whispered: "Oh, shit! It's them!"

"Stand back!" whispered Larry; "I'll take care of this."

He grabbed a raw steak off the grill, squeezed it to get bloody juice all over his hands, then rubbed his hands over his face. Then he stuck the steak on the end of his Gerber Mark II, and holding it in one hand, used the other hand to throw open the door and bellow:

"WHAT THE HELL DO YOU WANT??? WE'RE TRYING TO HAVE A HUMAN SACRIFICE IN HERE!!!"

:D:D:D
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

Honestly... What drives otherwise sane people to bother their neighbours at stupid o'clock on a Saturday to tell them such nonesense???

We basically control your life and allow all those "things to just work out." It would be nice to see a little appreciation once in awhile...besides, what better way to wake up knowing that you're not gonna die today?

but as for tomorrow.....

?
Your secrets are the true reflection of who you really are...

Next time just answer the door with panties on your head and a chainsaw in your hand...word will get around, they'll stop bothering ya! :)

doubt it...that sounds like my kind of woman.

i swear the next time those fucks come to my door im gonna strip down before i open the door and invite them in with my entire world swingin around..............well see if they want to have a discussion then.

Two words....catholic priest.

...have fun.

"Devil Without A Cause"

"You knew that I was coming cause you heard my name
But you don't know my game and never felt my pain
Can't read my brain but you read my lips
And got scared when you heard that I was coming with hits
Now don't even trip, be a man instead
Give thanks I'm alive when I should be dead
I'm in the red cause my mind's distortin
People claimin that they know me, but they only know a portion
I'm a move mountains and touch the sun
Don't get scared now, you knew this day would come
So hold your bids, all bets are closed
And fuck all you hoes"

I don't want to get into the whole religious debate

What's the big deal? Why are you so offended? It's not like they're trying to rip you off and sell you something....they're just being nice.

I find it funny how non-believers get so easily offended...it's liek they know they're guilty and just don't want to pay the piper, so they get all defensive n' shit, lol.:(

What's the big deal? Why are you so offended? It's not like they're trying to rip you off and sell you something....they're just being nice.

I find it funny how non-believers get so easily offended...it's liek they know they're guilty and just don't want to pay the piper, so they get all defensive n' shit, lol.:(

On what planet does "being nice" include waking me up at fucking 7am on a Saturday??? They ARE trying to sell me something AND they are robbing me of my sleep. I'm not guilt-stricken - I'm fucking pissed off!!! >:(
"There is no problem so bad you can't make it worse."
- Chris Hadfield
« Sors le martinet et flagelle toi indigne contrôleuse de gestion. »
- my boss

has anyone ever done this?

Close, whenever the J.W.s ring (which is not very often, because we live out in the middle of nowhere) I put a towel around my hair and a bathrobe on with nothing underneath. :$:)

It usually cuts the conversation very short.

I don't actually have a problem with door-to-door religious salesmen, but as Nataly says, why do they do it at such an early hour? It's sets them up for failure before the door ever opens. [:/]
lisa
WSCR 594
FB 1023
CBDB 9

your idea of "nice" and mine are probably quite different.

and im not sure what exactly you are implying by "non believers", because having personal spiritual beliefs about god and choosing not to swallow the bullshit monetary business game thats fed to people (called organized religion) are two totally different things. i choose the former for plenty of my own reasons...........(mainly that organized religion promises you everything and offers you nothing IMHO)

and the only thing i feel guilty about in my life was railing a few too many lines off that hookers tits last week, but god forgives
gravity brings me down.........

I don't actually have a problem with door-to-door religious salesmen...

Me neither...when the mormons and JW's come around I'll talk with them for awhile and even invite them in and offer coffee, baileys/kahlua and a cigar...

I know of one guy who was the product of a rape. He finally built up the courage to blow his head off, but right before he pulled the trigger those damn evil evangelical blood sucking bible thumping thieves come knocking on his door and basically saved his pathetic life....so I don't really care if a few non-believers get a little pissed off and annoyed every once in awhile, that's life...they'll get over it.

What's the big deal?

Assholes depriving me of my much needed sleep.

Why are you so offended? It's not like they're trying to rip you off and sell you something....they're just being nice.

Atheists and Pastafarians are MUCH nicer since they don't do that.