skydivingjane

Whiney sissy pants

See... This is why I lI've skydivers. Thank you all for your input and for the words of encouragement. I'm sitting at work this morning looking at sea of wind turbines, I'm far away from home, (yeah, I travel for a living,) and I have nothing but smiles and a fresh new take on the whole thing. I'm thinking about taking my R and R at a new DZ, (somewhere warm in the US). Any good places anyone can recommend for a baby skydiver (105 jumps) that is just starting to learn to free fly? I decided not to go home and stay as at away from the douche as possible. Where's the hot spot mid October to free fly my ass off and party like a rockstar?

Thanks loves.
"Those who do, can't explain; Those who don't, can't understand..."

See... This is why I lI've skydivers. Thank you all for your input and for the words of encouragement. I'm sitting at work this morning looking at sea of wind turbines, I'm far away from home, (yeah, I travel for a living,) and I have nothing but smiles and a fresh new take on the whole thing. I'm thinking about taking my R and R at a new DZ, (somewhere warm in the US). Any good places anyone can recommend for a baby skydiver (105 jumps) that is just starting to learn to free fly? I decided not to go home and stay as at away from the douche as possible. Where's the hot spot mid October to free fly my ass off and party like a rockstar?

Thanks loves.

Elsinore in Socal or Eloy in AZ. BOTH awesome warm DZs:)
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Thanks loves.

Anywhere in Florida. Best part is you can drive less than 3 hours and be at another world class dropzone ;) Oh and we have a tunnel. And beaches. B| And amusement parks. And warm weather. :P

John's advice of Chicks Rock sounds perfect! I haven't been able to make the boogie yet, but everyone who goes raves about it. Plus, you can always visit Perris while you're in town too.
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

John's advice of Chicks Rock sounds perfect! I haven't been able to make the boogie yet, but everyone who goes raves about it. Plus, you can always visit Perris while you're in town too.

And come on over to Eloy for Nationals, if you're still in the area at the end of October. B|

I would also like to add my two cents about "what to do now." Definitely reconnect with the friends you lost because of the loser. It will make you feel so much better when they forgive you and welcome you back (you won't feel lonely after that!)

Next, go out and do the stuff that used to piss off the loser. Stuff you stopped doing because he would get mad. If he contacts you, reply that you can't talk because you're too busy doing whatever fun activity, with lots of other cool people (specifically name some of the friends you lost, even if they aren't there). It really is empowering to throw that back at the control freak. Don't talk to him, but electronic replies are fine (in other words, don't get into a situation where he could possibly interrupt). After that, ignore any further attempts to contact you.

Trust me -- I've been there. The first thing I did that got me away was to look him in the eye and say that I didn't have to justify myself to him anymore. The last thing was to finally reply to written communication that my life had done nothing but improve since I left him (and listed the ways I'd become stronger/more independent), and if I never heard from him again it would be too soon. About 13 years later (no shit), he tried to contact me again. I wrote back, "what part of never was unclear to you? Don't answer, because you are never to contact me again." :S

It pissed me off that he had tried to contact me, but at the end of the day, it felt good after all those years still to be able to tell off that jackass without hesitation -- and not to care whether he "got it" or not. :)
Good luck. Send me a PM if you want to compare notes any further.

T
See the upside, and always wear your parachute! -- Christopher Titus

Shut Up & Jump!

Like that's different from tornado season, wild fire season, earthquake season, mud slide season.

Ya picks yer house, ya takes yer chances.

Its a BIG world.... and with limited time off that most people have to travel to destinations... It behooves one to look at the probability that the vacation will be fun.. or a life threatening adventure.

People book vacations far in advance... knowledge of what kind of weather will probably be occurring when they get there.. is priceless.

Going to some places at certain times of the year... can get you tornado's... coool if you are on a storm chasing adventure tour ...

Travelling to the WET coast in the winter wet season.. MIGHT not be the best time for a skydiving vacation, but can be great for watching whole hillsides come roaring down river valleys.. it is indeed an AWSUM sight to see.

I have found earthquakes to be a bit of a crap shoot.. no such thing as a "season"

June to DEC is hurricane season anywhere in the Caribbean, the Gulf.. and the Atlantic coast.

When one has the ability and go to any place in the world to spend their limited time off and their hard earned money... I tend to use past trends to plan my vacations. YMMV:ph34r:

Bwhahahahhahahaha!!!! Fuckin' perfect advice Persian God!!!!

I as THE PERSIAN GOD! Have given many advice! Some of them when are even lucid!
What advice was that?

The one about you walking over and talking to that nice guy?
HEY YOU NICE GUY! When she comes over and talks to you…you better be nice you know man!
Oh and look East and thank me! Unless you are south of the equator in which case you should look West!
Life through good thoughts, good words, and good deeds is necessary to ensure happiness and to keep chaos at bay.

The only thing that falls from the sky is birdshit and fools!

Just don't.

Write him one last message in which you tell him simply that he is a toxic influence and you will not be writing, calling, or answering anything he sends your way. I would recommend you keep it short instead of going into why. This is not for his benefit - you are simply making it easier for you not to feel guilted into responding (because you already said you wouldn't). And stick to it. Period.

I recently got a drunken call from a guy who is clearly not good for me. I answered not knowing it was him (didn't recognise the number). It was a mistake to talk to him - I should have said firmly not to call me and that I was hanging up. The next day, I wrote him a brief email saying that I did not want to pursue any kind of relationship with him (friendship or otherwise) and that I wanted him to stop communicating with me and that in any case I would no longer respond. This gives me advanced permission to delete email and ignore or hang up on calls... And for me it takes some of the guilt away. If he continues to try to contact me and he finds my silence upsetting, it's his own fault. Bottom line - he is toxic and I need to stay away for my own good. Too bad if that makes him miserable.
"There is no problem so bad you can't make it worse."
- Chris Hadfield
« Sors le martinet et flagelle toi indigne contrôleuse de gestion. »
- my boss

Go read "How to dump a guy," then do all the other stuff in here -- i.e. figure out how to make a fun and satisfying life for yourself.

If you have a fun and satisfying life that you built, then you can share it with someone, and kick them out if they don't improve it.

And yeah, Chicks Rock is a great boogie. Or you can start going hiking in the winter -- use the Appalachian Mountain Club or Meetup to find people to hike with. Why hiking? Because they are generally fairly self-reliant people, who understand the need to be with others when necessary (like bigger hikes) without requiring constant support all the time.

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

I decided not to go home and stay as at away from the douche as possible.

This is good...

Where's the hot spot mid October to free fly my ass off and party like a rockstar?

Just beware of all the other new douche bags that you'll probably be attracted too...especially if they're aware of your vulnerability...

Personally, I'd just hang with the ladies and take it easy for awhile, but that's just me...;)

You're beautiful - be free.

"Once upon a time in the heart of a city,
Lived a little grasshopper, full of self pity;
All day long she hopped from one leaf to the other,
In an attempt to fly, her tiny wings could only flutter.

Having no clue how things could change,
She decided to seek help from a sage;
So right she jumped in to a boat,
In the unknown waters, she set herself afloat.

Far away in the woods lived a hermit,
Who spent his days meditating under the chestnut;
Tired and travel stained, she reached his abode,
Showed reverence to him and humbly bowed.

With eyes closed and body emitting a golden halo,
The hermit had set the whole place aglow;
Overawed by the effect, she landed herself at his feet,
And greeted him with her cute little tweet.

The hermit opened his eyes as he knew he had a visitor,
Having read her mind, he smiled at the grasshopper;
Out he stretched his hand and she hopped on,
As he touched her wings, she felt strong and her fears were gone.

Magic worked and little bug could finally fly,
Filled with ecstasy she heard herself cry;
Up she soared high in the trees and vast sky,
All she hated was to bid him a goodbye.

Seeing her all over him, the hermit said what he knew,
“You are my little snuggle bug and I can see you through,
Know your purpose! You are born to fly,
But wherever you go, we’ll share the same sky.”
Your secrets are the true reflection of who you really are...

One word. VIBRATOR

she's a girl at a DZ....why would she need one of those? Other than every girl should have two.
I mean there are dozens and dozens of them walking around!

Just point at a guy who looks good and say.
"Buy me dinner and drinks and have sex and never call me again!"
bingo bango! Dinner and a drill!
Life through good thoughts, good words, and good deeds is necessary to ensure happiness and to keep chaos at bay.

hit and run is what i call them.

Yeah and if you do it good enough ladies odds are the guy will pack your parachute for you, wash your car, give you free coaching, his wing suits, his friends wing suit….you get the picture! Hell you don’t even have to shave your legs!
I mean come on! How many girls vs how many guys?
Now it’s all fun and games till this SOB brings non skydiving girls to the drop zone……or worse! Strippers!