stringtheorygal

Skydiving in new Hyundai Commercial (9/30/2012)

Yeah. The whole commercial is "Don't tell Mom" until the canopy lands.

And it seems that Mom is a TI taking an underage passenger.

And "Don't tell Dad" :S

"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

I was wondering about the very young son!

Both have on jumpsuits and are taking off helmets. Kid has a tandem harness on and Mom has the whole rig. The risers and lines are visible coming off her shoulders.

Cute, yes.
Funny, yes.
Accurate...

About normal for Hollywood.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

And it seems that Mom is a TI taking an underage passenger.

Not if in Germany... ;) But there she probably would have had a Paratec Next rig B|

One could also bitch about dad giving a bad example riding down the Devil's Skull without a proper helmet, but hey, it's a funny commercial and I liked it :P
The sky is not the limit. The ground is.

The Society of Skydiving Ducks

Landing a Tandem with the brakes still set

In the ranks of media crimes against skydiving, I reckon that one scores pretty low. :D

I actually think it's interesting just how au fait audiences are with skydiving concepts now, so that you can get away with this kind of visual shorthand. Single canopy landing + young person + two harnesses = mom taking her kid for a tandem skydive - all within the space of about five seconds, and with no need for any other establishing shots.

In the ranks of media crimes against skydiving, I reckon that one scores pretty low. :D

I actually think it's interesting just how au fait audiences are with skydiving concepts now, so that you can get away with this kind of visual shorthand. Single canopy landing + young person + two harnesses = mom taking her kid for a tandem skydive - all within the space of about five seconds, and with no need for any other establishing shots.

Mike, it's a piss take, none of us are (at least i hope none of us) actually criticizing the ad :ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Mike, it's a piss take, none of us are (at least i hope none of us) actually criticizing the ad :ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

:)
As you were. ;)

I'm not sure how effective a car ad this is, but it's sure a great plug for skydiving. The message I get is: "of all the crazy/outrageous/fun/exciting/scary/goofy/things your kids will always remember doing together with you -- and maybe not tell your S.O. about -- skydiving trumps them all." Plus, the actress cast as mom is cute. :-)
www.wci.nyc