Nataly

When did you leave the nest?

I've been living on my own, with zero help from my parents, since the day I turned 34.

Common...be honest, there's STILL a little somethin' somethin' coming in the birthday cards sin't there?
:D

it took nearly 10 years of uncashed checks before my parents realized I was doing well on my own and didnt need the help. Mom still buys me dress shirts for birthdays, she has good taste and I hate shopping for clothes, but otherwise I've never asked for bday or xmas presents... bday is an excuse to party hard and xmas a reason not to work, but otherwise they are just days. If I want something I buy it usually. Makes me a hard person to buy presents for, but I've always been one who would rather be given a gift that was "perfect" for me once in a blue moon whenever than have people run around trying to find something to wrap because "its one of those things you do"...

Just wondering at what age you left your parent's place for good?

If you went back several times, please pick other and explain... Same goes for those of you who still live with your folks :)

doesn't go low enough, I left when i was 15yo
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

I figured out at 17 the Navy was my ticket out of Detroit.

Mine too, I enlisted 10 days before my 16th birthday. Never (unwantedly) been out of work since that day, July 16 1979.
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

I left home at 17 when I graduated HS. I moved into a student commune near the local university and was taking classes that fall. I was paying for my classes myself since my mom could not afford to pay for it. It was an interesting time to go to college with anti war protests so studying was difficult. I got my first job working for Western Electric at $2.95 an hour to pay my bills and pay for tuition. After 18 months of all that I gave it up and enlisted in the USAF.

Interesting stories a lot of us used the military to get out of the hood & away from challenging situations.

We lucked out and made it.:|

College degree with minimal debtB|

Even without the draft in the same situation I would do it again. For me myself and I. No Hero stuff here.

R.

Interesting stories a lot of us used the military to get out of the hood & away from challenging situations.

We lucked out and made it.:|

College degree with minimal debtB|

Even without the draft in the same situation I would do it again. For me myself and I. No Hero stuff here.

R.

I never regretted joining the military although my 4 years were served during peace time B|
I got my schoolin' and found out how big the world really is.
You can't be drunk all day if you don't start early!

After HS, then 2 yrs in electronic school in Louisville, Ky. (July 1980) a company hired a few of us from California. Got a 1 way Greyhound bus ticket. Been here ever since. That company and many others gone. Present 1 doesn't look too bright of future either! [:/]

I did 7 years... I was an NCO so my university wasn't funded, but I did manage to graduate debt-free due to my salary, prizes and scholarships B|

I didn't grow up in a bad situation, but spending an exchange-student year in Sweden when I was 15 gave me the idea that there was a lot "out there" for me to see :)
"There is no problem so bad you can't make it worse."
- Chris Hadfield
« Sors le martinet et flagelle toi indigne contrôleuse de gestion. »
- my boss

well at age 24 my parents had to flee the country, and out of NOWHERE they said, CYA.......

so i left and had NO clue how to fend for myself. thats why when i have kids i will definitely make sure that they know the value of a dollar and will teach them that in life you need to work to get what you want and keep a roof over your head. i quickly learned how to support myself and after a few years of having NO money after bills and rent, i got tired of being a line cook and enlisted in the USCG at the young age of 29.......barely got in

been there for 4 years now and im skydiving more than i ever have before =)
gravity brings me down.........