monkeysfist

pulling low

"Because I can" isn't a really great reason for pulling low. Why do you want to pull low?

So what's your reason?

I pull low because I can't afford the ride to altitude.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wWZXcn67Ej4&p=73B43AB1A40A5BE7&playnext=1&index=54

To the OP: Tell that wanker to mind her own business. Or, I can come to your DZ, pull below 500 feet, and that way you will look like a conservative jumper.

jumping from bridges is even cheaper.

I don't like hiking back up.

"Because I can" isn't a really great reason for pulling low. Why do you want to pull low?

So what's your reason?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wWZXcn67Ej4&p=73B43AB1A40A5BE7&playnext=1&index=54

To the OP: Tell that wanker to mind her own business. Or, I can come to your DZ, pull below 500 feet, and that way you will look like a conservative jumper.

A ride on Don's pontoon boat is way cheaper than any plane ride.

So what's your reason?

A ride on Don's pontoon boat is way cheaper than any plane ride.

I'm scared of boats.

Pulling low isn't the cool rebel thing it used to be (or that I've heard the old timers talk about). If you want to be a true rebel and showcase your natural abilities then radically downsize your main and hook a 270 near the most observable object you can find B|:S

Wuffos think jumping from a plane is crazy, some skydivers think pulling low is crazy. We have to find our own levels of acceptable risk.

Don't ever hurt anyone else, try not to hurt yourself and if you do break the rules (USPA/wherever or the DZO's) be prepared and accept your consequences.

$0.02 from a sometimes low puller.

This isn't flying, its falling with style.

So what's your reason?

You the man. Can I be on your ash dive?

Sparky
My idea of a fair fight is clubbing baby seals

So what's your reason?

Sparky

Can I be on yours Mojo?

So what's your reason?

Sparky

I actually replaced my reserve with C4 explosives and configured my AAD to set it off if I ever go in. That way, no one will know where I went.

Magic.

So what's your reason?

Sparky

I actually replaced my reserve with C4 explosives and configured my AAD to set it off if I ever go in. That way, no one will know where I went.

Magic.

Bahahaha!! funniest reply ever! lol.

Look, locate, cut-away re-BOOOM!!

Magic.

you would make a lot of friends in the Middle East...

Oh wow. I don't know whether to laugh or get all politically correct and disapprove. I choose the former. :D

On a serious note, why didn't terrorist think of that before!? C4 is alot cheaper than real bombs. Teach the suicide bombers an effective track and you have one lean mean al qaeda skydiving team.

Magic.

you would make a lot of friends in the Middle East...

Oh wow. I don't know whether to laugh or get all politically correct and disapprove. I choose the former. :D

On a serious note, why didn't terrorist think of that before!? C4 is alot cheaper than real bombs. Teach the suicide bombers an effective track and you have one lean mean al qaeda skydiving team.

Dont give them any ideas :D

You read it right, DSE. I guess coaches aren't supposed to teach new guys now? I guess I'll just limit my teaching to people like you. You need any wingsuit coaching? I've got 10 jumps with a Birdman suit if you need any help ;)

Strangely enough...most of the tricks I've learned, I've learned while teaching. Students do the darndest things, which is why FFC's are easily my favorite thing to do.
So, put on that out-dated, out-of-business, lame-o Birdman suit and come learn me a thing or two.:P

"I woke up next to a blowup doll..."

Funny you should mention that...
:D:D

Hey- it's not a joke! Nothing like a night of fun at the dz- only the next morning you wake up completely snuggled up with a blowup doll...and a GILF at that!
I woke up next to a blowup doll Ash....so what do you think?

To suggest that I don't belong in skydiving because I prefer to pull at 4,000' is a very narrow-minded, elitist view. My hard deck is also 2,000', but unlike you it is HARD. When that alarm goes off if I still don;t have a good main I am chopping. People have died because of "it's just one more line twist".

I am neither narrow minded or elitist, nor have I suggested you don't belong in skydiving. But except for solo jumps, an insistence on pulling at 4 grand limits the other people on your dive, as well as people on the same jump run, who now have to keep an eye out for an open canopy while they're still in freefall.

To a certain extent we all have to trust our gear - if we can't, then we shouldn't be jumping it. We should also be trusting our own abilities to use our gear. Anyone who can't trust themselves or their gear down to 3 grand needs to ask themselves why not. I don't like 2 grand one little bit, but I know from experience on one hybrid jump gone wrong that I can take it down to 2 grand and open without firing my Cypres. And that was 5 years ago, with no repeat since. That was the jump that caused my wife & kids to buy me an audible.

To call me elitist is pure bullshit posturing. All of skydiving is elitist, get used to it.

Your humble servant.....Professor Gravity !

But except for solo jumps, an insistence on pulling at 4 grand limits the other people on your dive, as well as people on the same jump run, who now have to keep an eye out for an open canopy while they're still in freefall.

The limit is tracking (your dive) and exit separation (others on jump run). Problems solved. It has little to do with pull altitude.

Why make exceptions for solo jumps? They need separation, too.

Anyone who can't trust themselves or their gear down to 3 grand needs to ask themselves why not.

I would venture: I feel safer pulling at 4 rather than 3.

On top of that, think students and young jumpers.
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

I had something to say until I saw that huge rack on Cheach ... Damn!

Oh yeah ... Don is the fucking man, but he wasn't giving boat rides in March when I was at Perrine.

And tell that bitch to mind her own business. Especially if she isn't an employee of the dz.

On one C182 load when I thought no one was looking, I pulled much lower than I should have. I admit that it was against the rules to do what I did and I never should have done it. Someone saw it and complained to the DZO. I got "talked to" ... From then on, I went back to pulling at 2500. But because of that one fucking jump, everyone who wanted to express their concerns for my safety was bringing up my pull altitude. Long story short ... There was a 3K pull rule in place at the DZ that I had no knowledge of and I was asked to never return.

My thoughts are, pull where ever the hell you want within the uspa recommendations and dz rules, and don't get banned! I like to bend the rules a bit and I have suffered the consequences for doing so. It was not worth it.
Serious relationships turn into work after a few weeks and I already got a fucking job :)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
H.A.F. = Hard As Fuck ... Goddamn Amateurs