skymama

My daughter is getting married tomorrow. 11/3

I can't believe so many things...
my daughter is getting married tomorrow
my daughter is old enough to be getting married tomorrow
I'm old enough to have a daughter getting married tomorrow! :o

I am also her Maid-of-honor, which really is quite an honor. I feel so blessed that she thinks of me as a friend in addition to being her mother. She's such a family girl, she even asked her brother to walk her down the aisle along with her dad. :)
We had her Bridesmaid/Bachelorette dinner last night at an Italian place. Afterwards, I told her we could all go to a bar but she just wanted to come home, hang out, relax and play Apples to Apples. And I have to say, we had the best time! B|

I just thought I'd tell anyone who was interested, I know I've talked a lot about my kids here over the years. It's been a ton of work pulling this wedding together but it is going to be worth it. Thanks to Normiss for putting up with wedding talk for the last 6 months!

So, please behave over the weekend, I have better things to do than come on here and ban people, but don't think I won't! ;) I'll post some wedding pics next week. Here's a photo of how we looked last night. :)
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

Congratulations - you both look beautiful in the picture.
On a grammar note, given that you have given birth to your daughter, you are the Matron of honor (unless she was immaculately conceived - which doesn't sound like much fun ;) )

For the same reason I jump off a perfectly good diving board.

Y'all look great!

She sounds like she's got a good head on her shoulders, ya done good!

Have fun tomorrow!
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

I can't believe so many things...
my daughter is getting married tomorrow
my daughter is old enough to be getting married tomorrow
I'm old enough to have a daughter getting married tomorrow!

Forgot one.

In nine to ten months, you'll be old enough to be called Grandma.

Congrats to both of you, Meemaw.
Shit happens. And it usually happens because of physics.

First off.......WOW! Look at those legs on those hotties!!!

Second....congratulations =D i bet you're just as excited as she is!!
Sex with sith is like sex with a stripper. A lot of flashing lights and waving of glowing sabers, but in the end you end up with something dark and wrinkely.

DPH# "-13"
TSK# "-13"

You both are beautiful. Alix's fiance must be happy to see his wife has such a gorgeous mom. It bodes well for his future. ;)B|

I hope the weekend is as relaxed and wonderful as the two of you look in that photo. Enjoy every moment of it. :)
I'm a bit jealous. We have four kids and no wedding bells on the near horizon. Where will those grandkids come from?:S:D

You both are beautiful. Alix's fiance must be happy to see his wife has such a gorgeous mom. It bodes well for his future. ;)B|

I hope the weekend is as relaxed and wonderful as the two of you look in that photo. Enjoy every moment of it. :)
I'm a bit jealous. We have four kids and no wedding bells on the near horizon. Where will those grandkids come from?:S:D

Some people wait a long time for grandkids... Look at my folks. I didn't become a dad until I was 38! They did have a granddaughter by marriage 15 years ago so technically a step-granddaughter. Now that step-granddaughter has two little boys and she's barely 21. :o
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Congratulations - you both look beautiful in the picture.
On a grammar note, given that you have given birth to your daughter, you are the Matron of honor (unless she was immaculately conceived - which doesn't sound like much fun ;) )

The distinction between Maid and Matron depends on marital status. Since Skymama is currently living in sin;) she is correct that she is a Maid.

Congrats Alix and Andrea.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

BTW ~ is this your FIRST daughter to get married?

Yes, but she's my ONLY daughter, so they cancel each other out. :P

Thanks for the well wishes and the nice comments, everyone. You all are very sweet! :)
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

Heh heh. Anyone ever told you that having kids doesn't necessarily requires getting married? :ph34r::D:P:)

But heck, to be serious, Our kids (aged 29 and 30) also don't make us hope for grandchildren in the near future... :S:( We had them when we were 22 / 23, but the times they are a-changing, having kids wasn't a big problem back in those days neither in respect to your job nor to your financial situation. I can understand them youngsters, but still...
And, I'm also envious of Skymama coz both of our kids haven't indicated any interest in getting married as well.

@Skymama: You both look gorgeous, have a nice time!
The sky is not the limit. The ground is.

The Society of Skydiving Ducks

The distinction between Maid and Matron depends on marital status. Since Skymama is currently living in sin she is correct that she is a Maid.

You are probably right, and I apologize for nitpicking grammar on such a festive and joyful occasion.

My comment that both women look beautiful still stands.
For the same reason I jump off a perfectly good diving board.

At least I know why I wasn't invited to this one.

ONE time I do this and it gets videoed! :S:S
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=72j9ffnVStE&feature=player_embedded

"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message