normiss

Thanksgiving!

Can't decide[:/] The weather is looking marginal

Either smoke a turkey inside the house with at least one windows open, or deep fry it inside the shower just in case it catch's fire .:S

Everyone have a safe and happy turkey day.:)
R.

I hope you realize the last thing you want to do to a grease fire is throw water on it.

Either smoke a turkey inside the house with at least one windows open, or deep fry it inside the shower just in case it catch's fire .:S

Everyone have a safe and happy turkey day.:)
R.

I hope you realize the last thing you want to do to a grease fire is throw water on it.

SHHHHHH!:):P
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

That's not marginal, that's Seattle. :P:D

Shirley, you jest.

Our smoker's on the back deck, somewhat out of the rain. I'm sure you know your deep fryer shouldn't be anywhere CLOSE to any flammable structure. :S

BTW, we're smoking with apple/cherry/a-little-bit-of-alder. What do you and K use?

Going to the movies and doing a relatively low-key dinner at home (probably a roast chicken and some mashed sweet 'taters). B|

So I wasn't planning to make cranberry sauce (especially since I'm not making a turkey) but I got fresh cranberries in my CSA box this week, so I decided to give it a go. In the past when I've made it I've done the usual 2:1 ratio of cranberries to sugar, but since I'm trying to cut out most sugar, I went in a different direction. Mixed cranberries (about a cup and a half, maybe 2 cups) with a can of unsweetened pineapple chunks (and the juice), and a satsuma mandarin (plus some zest from the rind). I added a couple of spoons of coconut palm sugar.

It turned out pretty yummy! It's definitely tangy, but the flavor is great. B|
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

Drinking scotch and eating bacon cornbread with my family. This will be the first time in 10 years that I spend Thanksgiving with my family and I can't wait.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

CHEERS!!! :ph34r:
Sincerely, Daniel (not as fat as he thinks he is) Adams
http://www.skyjump.com
http://www.vimeo.com/dandaninc
http://www.youtube.com/dandaninc

HAPPY TURKEY DAY TO ALL YOU AMERICANS!!! :)

Merci beaucoup!

You and your guy should come by our house tomorrow. We got a big turkey and all the trimmings. B|

And if he can't make it, I'm sure we can find a volunteer state-side to fill in for him.;)
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

Really ? nothing ? Why ? mmm

Because what little immediate family I have suck balls. Fights over money/inheritances ruin families. Just sayin'.

Debbie Downer tonight. Sorry. :(

There is a VERY good reason I moved to the far NW corner of our country... its about as far as I can get away from my family... and still be in the lower 48 states. ALASKA would be farther but was SOO not going to happen. One winter in Fairbanks convinced me that would be REALLY stupid to run away any farther than Seattle:)

Really ? nothing ? Why ? mmm

Because what little immediate family I have suck balls. Fights over money/inheritances ruin families. Just sayin'.

Debbie Downer tonight. Sorry. :(

There is a VERY good reason I moved to the far NW corner of our country... its about as far as I can get away from my family... and still be in the lower 48 states. ALASKA would be farther but was SOO not going to happen. One winter in Fairbanks convinced me that would be REALLY stupid to run away any farther than Seattle:)

Sounds like a dream move to me!! ;)
Always be kinder than you feel.

That's not marginal, that's Seattle. :P:D

Shirley, you jest.

Our smoker's on the back deck, somewhat out of the rain. I'm sure you know your deep fryer shouldn't be anywhere CLOSE to any flammable structure. :S

BTW, we're smoking with apple/cherry/a-little-bit-of-alder. What do you and K use?

Hi JM

Jest:ph34r:

I use a fork to eat and Karen smokes with charcoal apple /alder/cherry and mesquite. 1hr/pound of turkey with a roast on the rack under the turkey.

I don't think useing a charcoal smoker inside the house with a window open would work.B|.

We took some nice tender smoked turkey and roast to the fire dept a couple yr's ago to give to the guy's on Turkey day. :)

They had a deep fat fryer set up behind the brick fire house away from everything. With a fire extinguisher on standby:D

Every yr on the news we someone getting into trouble with those deep fat fryers.:S

To bad about the twinkies, never liked the turkey stuffing anyway.;);)

We'll be eating turkey and roast sandwiches or a long time:)
Be well everyone, Have a happy ,Remember no stressB|

R.