jtval

Rock and Roll (1/2) marathon- Vegas

Anybody do it? (or the whole)

I gotta tell someone...Finished my 1st (yep Beer is on the way)1/2 in 2H 16m. My goal was 2.5. not bad for not training and coming off an injury. I was completely nervous. (usually I feel prepped for my runs.) I considered the fact that I showed up a win. Then, I beat my goal. It's called the rock and roll (1/2) marathon because I have a feeling I am going to feel like a rock star tomorrow: 100yrs old. LOL

Notes:
Ran (mostly) continuously.
--I walked approx .25 total at a fast enough pace that I was passing some of the slower runners.

I hit the wall after the finish line.
--Had jamba juice. Got brain freeze. Then, felt dizzy and nauseous for about 2 minutes. LOL DER!!

I hit my stride at about 5 miles.
--continued until the 10th mile where I walked .05 and about 5 times during the 10 mile. After mile 11. I did not stop. My left knee and foot were cramped but the walks help ease them long enough to finish strong. (for me)
My photos

My Videos

Considering it was windy as hell, that's an even better time... Good job jt!

Dude, that wind was ridiculous.

Why didn't the organizers file a notam to keep wind higher then 10 kts out of the airspace?:D
My photos

My Videos