Squeak

Yahoo mail anomalies

i have recent been getting a window within my Yahoo mail page, it's not a computer bug becaue it happens on any computer that i log nto yahoo mail on.
Any one else have this
Any ideas on how to get rid of it. it does not minimize or "X" out.
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Are all of the computers on the same network?

Looks like there may be ad blocking software that's stopping the lookup. If I remembered my yahoo password, I'd go check but I don't. [:/]

ETA: http://www.downforeveryoneorjustme.com/www.purchasereviews.net looks like that site is down. You might be able to fix your hosts file to block it, but other than that, you should hit up Yahoo support and let them know one of their ads isn't working right.

If you want to patch your hosts file on a windows machine:

C:\Windows\System32\Drivers\etc\hosts

If you want to patch it on Linux/Mac OS X:

/etc/hosts

You want to add the line just like this one:

127.0.0.1 www.purchasereviews.net

Save it, close it and it wouldn't hurt to reboot the computer. What this does is tells the computer if it's looking for www.purchasereviews.net that it's IP address is 127.0.0.1 and that address is called a loopback address. Any requests for that website will then try to pull up a web page located on your computer.

Also, I logged in and couldn't replicate the problem on Firefox. Try anything other than chrome?
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

I think it is just you :P

I went into my yahoo account and I have no such issues. I am using Chrome as well.

it might be an issue with my account, it happens on different computers on different networks. Home desktop, laptop, and work desktops.
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

I think it is just you :P

I went into my yahoo account and I have no such issues. I am using Chrome as well.

it might be an issue with my account, it happens on different computers on different networks. Home desktop, laptop, and work desktops.

...as well as browsers other than chrome?

Looks like there may be ad blocking software that's stopping the lookup.

Seriously, Ski, you didn't even try a DNS lookup?
Hint: The domain name does not exist.
So the real question is why that name is even coming up.
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

Looks like there may be ad blocking software that's stopping the lookup.

Seriously, Ski, you didn't even try a DNS lookup?
Hint: The domain name does not exist.
So the real question is why that name is even coming up.

I did from my home network but its one of the domains I have blocked. Didn't feel the need to pull a Whois. ;)
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly

I just use Adblock on my browsers.

I recently learned about SquidGuard, and that sounded like a great idea. I'm running Squid anyway, and it would negate the bother of putting Adblock on every browser. Well, I tried it, and it did nothing. I did brief troubleshooting, but haven't had time to figure out what the issue is.
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

I just use Adblock on my browsers.

I recently learned about SquidGuard, and that sounded like a great idea. I'm running Squid anyway, and it would negate the bother of putting Adblock on every browser. Well, I tried it, and it did nothing. I did brief troubleshooting, but haven't had time to figure out what the issue is.

Im running DNSMasq because it can easily load a hosts file into the DNS. Then I have a hosts file from MVPS that I use (wrote a script to download a new one every week and implement it) in addition to local definitions.

I see no ads on any device connected to my network. The only downside seems to be trying to play tv shows online. I don't do that, but a person with a VPN to my network uses it for that. Just had to swap their DNS servers back to a regular one.