jtval

Please listen(feedback wanted)

I have a tin ear, so I can't / won't comment on the quality of the recording, but I think if YOU enjoyed doing this you should proceed. :)
That being said, I don't understand why you would put out a version, which you know is so far from what you want it to be, that you would apologize for it. I NEVER let the public see a half-finished painting of mine. I MIGHT let a trusted artist friend see it for critique, but the public only thinks they know stuff!. ;) They really don't, even though they will give advice (ad nauseum) about what I should do. [:/]

If you do go ahead and record this for public consumption, something to consider is finding / making some sort of image(s) to go with it. Images that both make sense with the song AND mean something personal to YOU. See, even I can't resist telling you what you should do. :$:)

Good luck, and don't forget to enjoy the process! I would definitely like to see the finished product! :)

lisa
WSCR 594
FB 1023
CBDB 9

Thanks for the feed back.

I understand the video aspect of the music.
Its only about a minute long. I'm not too concerned about people hearing this version because this is not how I make a living.

If you heard me play around the neighborhood/bonfire etc
I'd still hit some burps.

I just want to get some comments to encourage her to finish the song. I cant post the complete version without it being completed.
My photos

My Videos

I enjoyed listening to it.

Nice playing, and she has a pleasant, natural voice - couple of tuning issues, but nothing that wouldn't be fixed by rehearsing it plenty of times before you go for a final take.

One thing I'd say is, it sounded to me as though Beth was a bit uncomfortable with the low notes. Have you tried transposing it so she can use a higher register?

I enjoyed listening to it.

Nice playing, and she has a pleasant, natural voice - couple of tuning issues, but nothing that wouldn't be fixed by rehearsing it plenty of times before you go for a final take.

One thing I'd say is, it sounded to me as though Beth was a bit uncomfortable with the low notes. Have you tried transposing it so she can use a higher register?

Thanks for the feedback.

I haven't tried to transpose. It's something I may do when I get her to record this though.
My photos

My Videos

I'm not too concerned about people hearing this version because this is not how I make a living.

That doesn't negate the good advice from oldwomanc6. You never know what tomorrow will bring.
You don't have to outrun the bear.

I'm not too concerned about people hearing this version because this is not how I make a living.

That doesn't negate the good advice from oldwomanc6. You never know what tomorrow will bring.

I'm not getting the point?
My photos

My Videos

Sounded good to me. Do you know the whole song, lead, etc.? Use a capo?
I remember playing guitar with you at Perris many years ago, by the pool area.

I remember,too. Gary.

I capo the 3rd fret.
I havent bothered with the lead. I know MOST of the song.
I just have to sit and record it...if I can find the time.

My plan was to have the music track already recorded and let her sing over it...

But, I'd also like to record it live.
My photos

My Videos