kallend

Happenstance or enemy action?

I sync my iPhone and 2 iPads through iTunes on my PC.

Every app I have syncs except one: Google Maps.

Google apps sync through your Google account.

So why won't Apple sync it? Every other one syncs through iTunes.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Apple, being very proprietary, is very unfriendly with google products. Especially after the release of the Android operating system. Cuts into their business don't you know.

If you are able to even get google maps on your iPhone or iPad, consider your self lucky. Most people are still stuck with the still needs work apple navigation program, what ever it is.

Bottom line, google and apple don't mix very well. Chock this one up to enemy action... [:/]

"There is an art, it says, or, rather, a knack to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss."
Life, the Universe, and Everything

consider your self lucky

???

Google maps for iOS was release last week on the App store.. If you don't have it, consider yourself slow! ;-)

:D:D:D
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

You're seeing bunnies in the clouds.

Apple treats all of the other Google apps the same as any other app. Why would they treat the Google Maps app any different. For cryin' out loud, the Google Maps app is even featured in the iTunes store.

BTW, I did a test the other night. I had to make a run up to downtown Los Angeles from Orange County. I ran Apple Maps on my iPhone and my wife ran Google Maps on hers. The Apple Maps app gave a better route by 12 minutes so we took that one. The Google Maps app complained almost the entire way and wanted us to take a different route. It was only as we finally turned onto the final street that Google Maps gave up the fight.

So...we saved 12 minutes NOT using Google Maps and the Apple ETA was spot on.

Routing in Los Angeles is one of the most important functions the map nav can give since conditions are so dynamically unstable. I'll admit this was simply one data point, but so far, Apple wins for me regardless of some few cases of people being steered off cliffs.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

Is that even possible?

I've read that it is, but the display is stretched out because it is expecting the smaller iPhone display
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

Very interesting to hear that.
I was looking at Google maps routing our little night out this Friday.
It repeatedly gave me directions to the wrong direction on the highway. I could not get it to give me the correct and safe route.
:S:D:D
To be fair, Friday IS the 21st. :D

Is that even possible?

I've read that it is, but the display is stretched out because it is expecting the smaller iPhone display

It runs exactly the same way on the iPad as it does on the iPhone. This includes the screen size. iPads have the option of enlarging that to fill the iPad screen, but that is a function of the operating system on the iPad, not the app the developers were too lazy to design properly to begin with.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

You're seeing bunnies in the clouds.

Apple treats all of the other Google apps the same as any other app. Why would they treat the Google Maps app any different. For cryin' out loud, the Google Maps app is even featured in the iTunes store.

BTW, I did a test the other night. I had to make a run up to downtown Los Angeles from Orange County. I ran Apple Maps on my iPhone and my wife ran Google Maps on hers. The Apple Maps app gave a better route by 12 minutes so we took that one. The Google Maps app complained almost the entire way and wanted us to take a different route. It was only as we finally turned onto the final street that Google Maps gave up the fight.

So...we saved 12 minutes NOT using Google Maps and the Apple ETA was spot on.

Routing in Los Angeles is one of the most important functions the map nav can give since conditions are so dynamically unstable. I'll admit this was simply one data point, but so far, Apple wins for me regardless of some few cases of people being steered off cliffs.

All I'm saying is that stories like this are common on iPhones, but my droid runs google maps just fine. Coincidence? Especially when Mac's app store just now got around to adding google maps? I'll let you guys decide on your own...:D
"There is an art, it says, or, rather, a knack to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss."
Life, the Universe, and Everything

Very interesting to hear that.
I was looking at Google maps routing our little night out this Friday.
It repeatedly gave me directions to the wrong direction on the highway. I could not get it to give me the correct and safe route.
:S:D:D
To be fair, Friday IS the 21st. :D

It gave you the Highway to Hell route.
I'm surprised you had to look it up.
:D:P
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

Well, THEY, have been monitoring this hot-bed that is DZ.com, and you are now on their "list", so, yes, THIS IS ENEMY ACTION!

Just sayin! :P
lisa
WSCR 594
FB 1023
CBDB 9