Eagle snatches a kid off the ground

The kid got carried pretty far. I assume the bird dropped him because he was too heavy. If it was a little baby the eagle may have won.

"Once we got to the point where twenty/something's needed a place on the corner that changed the oil in their cars we were doomed . . ."
-NickDG

Could be. You or DSE could determine if it's real. Be intersting to find out.

EDIT: I didn't post it on youboob. I found it on another site,

"Once we got to the point where twenty/something's needed a place on the corner that changed the oil in their cars we were doomed . . ."
-NickDG

Been looking at it in 720p and comparing it to other golden eagle attacks. Also just consulted with an animal expert. It's not outside the realm of possible, but it is highly unusual.

The thing that strikes me is while golden eagles do attack prey larger than them, it's usually a kill on the ground, not a flyaway. Golden eagles flyaway with smallish animals, but the effort of flying with a large one makes it a questionable attack. Then there's the question of it attempting to do so in a city park. Lastly, WTF was the baby doing so far away from the Mom and just sitting on the ground perfectly facing away from the approach path . . . while an apparent stranger just happened to be shooting video.

Aaaand, wtf is up with those white pieces of art in the background? They would make very convenient motion tracking marks for CGI.

I dunno though . . . looks real enough . . . but the circumstances seem fishy.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

The shadow on the ground does not look like it shows the kid.

Shadows on uneven terrain are tricky. It's one of the first things I looked at. I would call out the inconsistent direction of the shadows as it passes the first white piece of art, the one that looks like some sort of iron sight picture, but like I said, shadows are tricky.

Look at the bird shadow just as it passes that piece of art. If you draw a line consistent with the shadow being cast by the piece of art, it doesn't line up with the bird. Still . . . shadows are tricky and especially over uneven terrain.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

"The “Golden Eagle Snatches Kid” video, uploaded to YouTube on the evening of December 18, was made by Normand Archambault, Loïc Mireault and Félix Marquis-Poulin, students at Centre NAD, in the production simulation workshop class of the Bachelors degree in 3D Animation and Digital Design.

The video shows a royal eagle snatching a young kid while he plays under the watch of his dad. The eagle then drops the kid a few feet away. Both the eagle and the kid were created in 3D animation and integrated in to the film afterwards.

The video has already received more than 1,200,000 views on YouTube and has been mentioned by dozens of media in Canada and abroad.

The production simulation workshop class, offered in fifth semester, aims to produce creative projects according to industry production and quality standards while developing team work skills. Hoaxes produced in this class have already garnered attention, amongst others a video of a penguin having escaped the Montreal Biodôme."

http://blog.centrenad.com/?lang=en

If you're going to fake it, then why just a kid?
I want to see footage af an eagle snatching Chris Christie and flying away!:D

"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

Don't turn this into a SC thread! >:(

Hey, I just picked the biggest celebrity I could think of.:P
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

Don't turn this into a SC thread! >:(

Hey, I just picked the biggest celebrity I could think of.:P

I was thinking... "Eagle snatches Twardo". That would definately not be SC material. B|
Birdshit & Fools Productions

"Son, only two things fall from the sky."