bertusgeert

Coke high

Man I love this place. Every time I get stuck with a question, this place provides the answer.

I've never done it, and I need to know what a coke high is like, internally, and externally.

As a sideline hobby, I am taking acting classes/training. It just so happens that my coach is phenomenal, trained in deep Stanislavski system/Strassberg "method" acting. What this means is thorough understanding of your character's circumstance, why he's doing and saying what he's doing & saying - understanding his reasons, so you can just "be", instead of "acting" it.

I am taking on a character that, I can infer from the ranting, non-sensical dialogue as well as explicitly stated later in the script, is most likely on a coke high. I have never seen or touched the stuff. In the middle of the scene, he starts up a joint (I imagine this has minor effects and is likely overridden by the coke high, since pot is quite mellow).

How do I understand this, so I can be this, without taking my research "too far"? :)1. Constant sniffing, numbness around the mouth & nose, lots of energy (is this like too much caffeine in a way?)
2. Somewhere it clicked for me when it said that it is like you just had a major "accomplishment"
3. It has a psychologically different effect on each person, it's an individual response (This helps me a little bit to believe that I can be convincing, since no one can judge my high and tell me I'm wrong)

Can anyone share any more insights that would help me assume this state of mind? The only videos I found were of Randy Savage and James Brown - hilarious - but extreme characters before they even do anything.

I also want to understand the bigger picture - how can it be a drug that can be done socially, at the same time is addictive and expensive - and NOT ruin your professional life/career?

Edit to add: I know there are plenty of movies that depict this (which are the best?) but I would rather go straight to the source than rely on someone else's interpretation.

---------------------------------------------
As jy dom is moet jy bloei!

This is a great thread, you want people to come and tell you what it feels like when they do cocaine?

Hahah. Ill be keeping an eye on this one.

Around this crowd, I figured I may get lucky with a few authentic responses.

This is a great thread, you want people to come and tell you what it feels like when they do cocaine?

It makes you feel like a new man, and the first thing that new man wants is more blow.;)
Please don't dent the planet.

Destinations by Roxanne

bertus!!!!!

How ARE you....???
hahaha i had to laugh the way you said " go right to the source" :o:)your skydiver pals!!!!!:S

well This could explain aLOT.... of what I've witnessed over the years... @ DZs Near & Far...;):)
Can't help you however, as i've always been too Scared ! :S:|:o to try that..[:/].,,,

and am plenty happy Enough !! without it... But good luck in all of your pursuits!!!!!

:)
jmy

This is an awesome question...

Coke, Skydiving, Love...

All the same effect with different levels of danger.

Number one effect? Directly after having some? You want some more.

You read about it, study it, watch videos about it, and do it every chance you get.

The moment you are done doing it? Your next thought is about the next time that you do it.

It makes you feel supremely powerful, lights up all your endorphins, and you feel empty when you don't have it.

My advice?

Avoid it like the plague. It's ten times more dangerous than skydiving and unlike the other two, you are guaranteed to lose more than you bargained for in the process.

Lastly, the other two won't land you in the slammer.

Now, for the stage? Grint your teeth a lot and tighten your jaws like your in pain, but with a smile. Act like a jackass, basically proving to everyone around you how supremely powerful, intelligent and amazing you are.

It will, ruin everything in your life, in time. Even the most strong willed people succumb to it eventually.

Blues,

Jack

I don't know personally, but Robin Williams had a pretty good description.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wpGtgZw5Z_U
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

Google is your friend

Obviously. I'm not stupid enough to come here to ask dumb questions without googling. I ask dumb questions because google didn't give me what I needed, as stated above.

Lets try this again:)
ITSOC I googled cocaine symptoms and found over 1,000,000 hits:o

Your saying "google didn't give you what you needed."

What your actually saying is your to "busy" to read the first page on google.
One Jump Wonder

Google is your friend

Obviously. I'm not stupid enough to come here to ask dumb questions without googling. I ask dumb questions because google didn't give me what I needed, as stated above.

Your saying "google didn't give you what you needed." What your actually saying is your to "busy" to read the first page on google.

Of which, 100% of the first three pages are either a medical opinion which is very objective or linked to withdrawal. jumpinjackflsh's response was much more useful in understanding a first hand experience in one answer than google was in three pages. A specific answer to what I needed from a live person, for what I need to do to be convincing as an actor.

Google is your friend

Your saying "google didn't give you what you needed." What your actually saying is your to "busy" to read the first page on google.

Of which, 100% of the first three pages are either a medical opinion which is very objective or linked to withdrawal. jumpinjackflsh's response was much more useful in understanding a first hand experience in one answer than google was in three pages. A specific answer to what I needed from a live person, for what I need to do to be convincing as an actor.

Your quoting JJF as a good source of info for your acting career.:D:D:DRobin williams did a better job than that.

Why don't you try asking peeps to PM you instead of asking a stupid question in a public forum.If you have a TV check out the show "intervention" or read past page three on google.

Good luck with your acting career. ;)
One Jump Wonder

Years ago short-run fad was coke and aspirin.

Didn't work for me...have you ever snorted aspirin and carbonated water?

[:/]

Hi Pops

I did onceB|

It made me want to kill, rape, plunder. Then I tried Dr Pepper and aspirin. the sex was great.:ph34r:

These days I'm guessing Red bull and aspiriin is where it's at. I hear RB is $$$.:D

Time to take a nap.
One Jump Wonder

Years ago short-run fad was coke and aspirin.

Didn't work for me...have you ever snorted aspirin and carbonated water?

[:/]

So how many skydivers here have their COOC number?
I figure Pops might be one of the few to know what that means.
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.