NvyZero

Just moved to denver

I just moved from Texas to the Denver area I'm looking to hang out with some skydivers drink beer and bullshit!

Sorry to tell you: all the skydivers/tunnel rats moved to texas when they heard a new tunnel opened.
Bummer.
My photos

My Videos

Lot of good ones there. They should be chiming in soon.

If they don't, repost that you're buying the beer.

And it better be either:
a) Made in CO.
b) Guinness.
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

Hi! I just started jumping last week and live in Lakewood. The weather Friday is supposed to be sunny and almost 50, so I'm most likely playing hooky and going to Mile-Hi in Longmont.

So far I've come across one other person in denver, but like I said I've only been here for less than a week. What part of the metro area did you move to?

Littleton! I'll be there Friday to if the world doesnt end I just placed ammo caches all over the place! I have a Strong feeling riots will take place and Marshall law will go into effect I hope it doesn't happen but it's always good to expect the worse!

Ahh I just spent the past 5 years in Littleton! I love that town - It's the kind of place that has everything you'd ever need (except a DZ) and there's no reason to leave.

As far as ammo caches..lol... I'm not too concerned. But if push comes to shove, I think my military training will serve me well. I can probably live for quite a while up in the mountains. Just don't expect me to shout out "Wolverines!" or anything. :-D

Hard to believe that the weather on Friday is still forecast to be 50. I think its 10 right now with wind chills well into the negatives.

My name is Michael, so if you're there on Friday look around for me! I'll be the spooked-out student repeating his AFF-1. Hahaha!

And it better be either:
a) Made in CO.

That means Coors banquet okay?
:)

I thought we were talking about *beer*.:P
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

Ugh Coors. I had a frat rat as a room mate my first year in college, so I had to learn to like dark beer if I wanted to put beer in the fridge in my room and hope to have any left on the weekend. So I pretty much started out with Guiness and went darker from there. I particularly like Old Nick's and Old Crustacean, which I think are classified as "Barley wine" and not beer.

Against that backdrop, the parents found a bar in Florida that was offering a "free beer night," some years back, and asked me to meet up there. What they didn't mention was the "beer" was Coors light. I honestly couldn't taste the beer in it. It just tasted like soda water to me. I wanted my money back.

Funnily enough I did an IT contract setting up the dog track in Galveston, Texas, back when they opened up. So I ended up staying at the Holiday Inn in Le Marque for a month. The only beer they had at the time was Coors Light, but the bartender had a lovely Irish accent and said she could do a pretty shamrock on a Guiness pour. Such a waste of talent...

Happily, I live about a mile from the Left Hand brewery in Longmont. I found that taking a couple of half gallon growlers to the dropzone was inconvenient, but I'll often pick up their Mountain Mixer or a couple of six packs of sawtooth and bring them with me to Mile Hi. That works pretty well.

Despite the snow yesterday, it looks like it should be pretty nice at Mile Hi all weekend, so I'm planning on taking off after lunch tomorrow and getting in as many jumps as I can before Sunday evening. So if you new folks stop by, ask if Bruce is around. There's a pretty good chance I'll bring beer, too!
I'm trying to teach myself how to set things on fire with my mind. Hey... is it hot in here?

Coors Light we call sex-in-a-canoe beer, 'cause it's fucking near water. :)
I love most all beers from Stouts and Porters up thru the light Pilsners. Recently my home brewed IPA has been my favorite. With that said, and I've defended it before, I think Coors Original Banquet is a very well done light American pilsner. I think the hops are well chosen and nicely balanced, with a good aroma and good taste for what they are trying to brew. I'm quite happy to call that my "lite" beer on a hot Summer day. I shit you not. :)

Happily, I live about a mile from the Left Hand brewery in Longmont. I found that taking a couple of half gallon growlers to the dropzone was inconvenient, but I'll often pick up their Mountain Mixer or a couple of six packs of sawtooth...

Excellent choice.:)

I'm a bit sad about the Fade to Black this year. Given how tasty it was a couple years ago as a smoked porter or a year ago as a smoked chili porter (And the best chili beer I've ever had,) their decision to to go with a regular porter is a bit disappointing. If I wanted a porter, I'd get their Imperial Stout. At 13% ABV, that stuff will knock you on your ass in no time! And will be tasty and delicious while it does it!
I'm trying to teach myself how to set things on fire with my mind. Hey... is it hot in here?